sports arenas

goalieboy82

who has played a game (hockey, bball, other) at a pro arena after a pro game. i did back in 2001 at the mci center after a caps game.

My high school hockey team played at the the meadowlands in the state Championship 3 out of the 4 years I was there. It was a total of 5 games there over the 4 year period.

My High School Football team plays at Memorial Stadium in Champaign every year, and I got to play on it once. The bears played there for a season so it counts!

I always wanted to play at Busch or Wrigley for legion baseball. I know Busch had a thing where if you sold X number of tickets they'd let you play after the game.

who has played a game (hockey, bball, other) at a pro arena after a pro game. i did back in 2001 at the mci center after a caps game.

We know, you tell us all the time... anyways, since you did, I'll say it again...

I've played at the SkyDome six times, five of these times directly after a Jays game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I played on the Sixers' floor at the Wachovia Center in 2004, the afternoon of the day the Sixers were playing Golden State. I used to help run a community basketball league, and it was a reward for the league selling group tickets to the actual game.

NBA floors feel extra-springy in comparison to your typical gym hardwood. Maybe that's why Spud Webb was able to dunk.

As part of my league involvement I've also been on the floor at the Tom Gola Arena (La Salle University's home floor) and McGonigle Hall (former home of Temple, before the Liacouras Center was built).

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I got to play rollerhockey at the Kiel Center in St. Louis before an RHI game (yes, it was pro). I've gotten to play pickup ice hockey quite a few times (I think four so far) at the Xcel Center in St. Paul. None of these times have been official "games," but it was still cool.

A few pictures of the last time, August 2004.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

two years ago we played St. Charles Prep at Nationwide Arena's practice ice that is connected to the big arena during a bluejackets game. People in the main concourse would come and watch us during intermission, There must of been at least 500 people there, the most I've ever played in front of.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

When I was a kid in little league, we got to play a mini-game in the Astrodome between innings of a real game. Apparently we took too long and they weren't going to let us finish. The cool thing was the crowd got behind us and started chanting "let them play". It was really...

....oh wait. That never happened. Must have been a movie I saw. Sorry.

newsig.jpg

Didn't ever play a game, but I once sat on the pitching rubber at the Vet to watch the 4th of July fireworks. :unclesam::smileyusa:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I played once at "Le Centre Molson" in Montreal, before it changed to "Le Centre Bell".

Best feeling ever! ( sports-wise :P )

I'll try to find pictures...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Never a real game, but I once played catch in the outfield at Wrigley Field with a total stranger.

It happened many years ago. I was on vacation, taking a train trip. There was a six-hour layover in Chicago, so I went sight-seeing.

The Cubs were on the road, but I went to look at Wrigley Field anyway, and take photos. I saw a guy from England doing the same, and I offered to take his picture in front of the ballpark, and he did mine.

Then he had an idea. He told me not to talk or it would go wrong. He increased his accent quite a bit, went to a guard and said we were two tourists from England who never saw a baseball field before. (My lack of accent was the reason to be silent.)

The guard agreed, and let us inside, then went away. We wandered around the stands a while. Then we saw one of the gates to the field was open!

So we went in, looked around. (We didn't step on the infield because the tarp was down.)

In the dugout, we saw a ball under the bench, so we grabbed it and ran to the outfield. We tossed around for a few minutes, then got fearful someone would catch us, so we left. There are photos, but I can't locate them currently.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived