Best and Worst of NCAA

WhoDey42

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best: Arizona State Sun Devil and the Michigan M with Michigan over it

Worst: Washington Huskies, i'm sorry just not feeling the BIG W, nor can I feell the Husky head, looks like he's about to turn into ooze to me.

Notwithstanding their status as a divisional foe of my beloved Mizzou Tigers, I must say that Iowa State's logo wins my vote as best NCAA logo. The integration of the school's animal mascot with the team's official nickname of Cyclones is ingenious and very, very well executed. I love the font used for the wordmark as well. Before they "KC Chiefed" up their football uniforms, I also felt the Cyclones had the most attractive football uniforms in D1A.

And as partial as I am to the Mizzou tiger head logo, I will readily admit that it seems to me to be a hybrid of the K-State power cat and the Jacksonville Jaguar logo and thus it loses a few points in my book.

I know I mentioned it my other post, but I wanted to give some more love to the Wyoming Cowboys logo. I just think that it is one of the best and more underrated logos.

wyoming_logo5.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I know I mentioned it my other post, but I wanted to give some more love to the Wyoming Cowboys logo. I just think that it is one of the best and more underrated logos.

I totally agree. While I didn't list it among my best, that is a very cool logo and is quite underrated. Plus, how many other college logos do you see on a state's license plate other than Wyoming?

ACC best-Clemson paw,FSU seminole,VT

Big East- Cinci

Big Ten- Indiana(interlocking IU) , the OSU O(not interlocking)

MAC- they all suck except BGSU(whatever it is)

Pac 10- Oregon, AZ

SEC-UT, Arkansas A and runnin hog, Auburn(interlocking)

WAC- Hawaii, Fresno

Big 12- CU,Nebraska,TAMU,Texas, KSU, Oklahoma

Mountain West- Wyoming, CSU, Utah

C USA- SMU

Sun Belt- none

Go Bulls, Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks!!

GO TIGERS

Ireland_flag.gif

I totally agree. While I didn't list it among my best, that is a very cool logo and is quite underrated. Plus, how many other college logos do you see on a state's license plate other than Wyoming?

Isn't the cowboy logo an official logo of the state of Wyoming or something?

I think it's on some road signs too. My dad is a truck driver and I think he mentioned it once.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

My bests and worsts.

Mnt. West: Brigham Young (Cougar)      Worst: Utah (U in a circle)

What? Utah's logo the worst? And it isn't just a U in a circle. The circle is a drum and feather and I think the logo is simple, yet classic.

largelUogo.gif

The fact that it's a drum makes it worse!

Well, it is the only four year university in Wyoming, so the state doesn't really have to worry about university affiliations or favoritism.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My bests and worsts.

Mnt. West: Brigham Young (Cougar)      Worst: Utah (U in a circle)

What? Utah's logo the worst? And it isn't just a U in a circle. The circle is a drum and feather and I think the logo is simple, yet classic.

largelUogo.gif

The fact that it's a drum makes it worse!

Think what you will....I like it.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

Might as well rate em by conference:

ACC--Best: UNC, Worst: Miami

Big East--Best: Cincinnati & UConn, Worst: Syracuse

Big Ten--Best: Iowa, Worst: Northwestern

Big XII--Best: Texas, Worst: K-State

C-USA--Best: UAB, Worst: Houston

Pac 10--Best: USC, Worst: Oregon

SEC--Best: Auburn, Worst: Arkansas

WAC--Best: Hawai'i, Worst: NM State

Mtn West--Best: Wyoming, Worst: Colorado St.

MAC--Best: Akron, Worst: Ball State & Buffalo

Sun Belt--Best: LA-Lafayette, Worst: Arkansas St.

Indy--Best: Notre Dame, Worst: Navy

Overall Best: Texas

Overall Worst: Arkansas State

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I may be biased as well to this, but I really love the WSU Cougar head logo. I think it is the best in the nation!! No other school in the country can pull off a graphic version of their mascot that includes the lettering. I know, y'all are going to say, "Why then the Eastern Washington logo in your sig?" I'm not a fan of it, I just coached there and got a degree there.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

I like Temple Owls

brand.gif

Illinois University

brand.gif

Don't like Northwestern and Georgia Bulldogs (too similar to the Green Bay Packers' helmet logo)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

best: Georgia Tech GT, Wisconsin badger, Notre Dame ND, Army knight/A, Temple flying owl, UTEP miner

honorable mention: Chief Illiniwek, FSU Seminole, The U, Arizona State sun devil, Air Force thunderbolt, Iowa hawk

worst: Minnesota gerbil/chipmunk, Georgia's drunken, lazy, good for nothin mutt

dishonorable mention: Colorado State ram, North Texas' new eagle, Louisiana Tech's map-T, UCLA bruin, South Central trojan

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks for mentioning the University of Illinois!. I was gonna throw that in as well. Unfortunatly the powers that be won't let them use it anymore. However, the simple "I in the circle" they are using now isn't a terrible mark, just doesn't scream athletic logo to me.

AS for the I-U...Illinois also used that logo for some time I think. I remember in the 80s both having a very similar logo.

Archived