SUPER DOME TO BE DESTROYED

FiddySicks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hopefully, if it does come down, which would suck, but if it did, hopefullt the Saints can stay, and the city might be better off with a brand new stadium, the Superdome wasnt gonna last forever anyways.

Where would you have them play?

in the brand new stadium after its built, silly. :rolleyes:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

hopefully, if it does come down, which would suck, but if it did, hopefullt the Saints can stay, and the city might be better off with a brand new stadium, the Superdome wasnt gonna last forever anyways.

In the smallest major league market in the USA? It'll be 5-10 years before they can consider even supporting a team and its not fair on a team owner to expect them to stick around that long taking massive losses.

liverpool-1.png

I meant, in the mean time.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

the killings, the rapes,

Were there actual killings and rapes in the superdome shelter? I hadn't read that. I know people did die there, but I didn't realize there was criminal activity in the dome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In the smallest major league market in the USA? It'll be 5-10 years before they can consider even supporting a team and its not fair on a team owner to expect them to stick around that long taking massive losses.

Smaller now than Green Bay? :blink:

I don't really think Green Bay is considered a major league market. The only reason the Packers are there is because they've been there since the twenties. I mean, cities like Duluth, Providence, Evansville, etc...had NFL teams back in the old days.

I think Green Bay's population is just over 100,000, and New Orleans' is probably somewhere around 500,000. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd look it up...I'm sure there's a chart somewhere that has the populations of every NFL market.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

the killings, the rapes,

Were there actual killings and rapes in the superdome shelter? I hadn't read that. I know people did die there, but I didn't realize there was criminal activity in the dome.

Apparently there were, unfortunately, according to this report. Please ignore the writer's obvious anti-Bush slant. Anyhow, scroll down about halfway and you'll see quotes from the "refugees."

It's downright depressing.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Smaller now than Green Bay? :blink:

I don't really think Green Bay is considered a major league market. The only reason the Packers are there is because they've been there since the twenties. I mean, cities like Duluth, Providence, Evansville, etc...had NFL teams back in the old days.

I think Green Bay's population is just over 100,000, and New Orleans' is probably somewhere around 500,000. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd look it up...I'm sure there's a chart somewhere that has the populations of every NFL market.

This may be the first time in about 70 years that Green Bay is not the smallest market.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Tulane football:

will be playing its games at LA Tech.

LSU football:

moved its home game against AZ State to Tempe, no further plans mentioned

Sugar Bowl:

no word yet, though there is obviously no stadium for the game to be held in

New Orleans Bowl:

see above

New Orleans Saints:

Team owner wants to play in Baton Rouge (which is in utter shambles and has no vacant hotels); this could be a PR ploy where the team is 'forced' to play in San Antonio; Texans have offered to host some home games as well

New Orleans Hornets:

Nashville's GEC, KC's Kemper Arena, and OKC's Ford Center have all offered to host the team for the year.

NCAA Men's/Women's Final Four

Non-issue; the Superdome was not booked to host either one through 2011

Super Bowl

Non-issue; the Superdome was not booked to host through 2008

oakqb4.jpg

Galveston had to actual RAISE the level of the island including every house and building and build a huge seawall to protect the city from another storm surge after the 1900 Hurricane which killed anywhere from 8,000 -12,000 people.

I hope they find a way to stay, but I think the Saints have played their last game in New Orleans. I hope they end up moving to San Antonio.

Personally, I think the most fascinating thing when watching the reconstruction of the city, will be to see the new system they use to prevent this disaster (or similar disasters) in the future.

Can they raise the level of the portion of the city that is below sea level? (It sounds ridiculous, but weren't they talking about that for Venice?) Do they move the location of the city? Do they build a more elaborate system of levees?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Personally, I think the most fascinating thing when watching the reconstruction of the city, will be to see the new system they use to prevent this disaster (or similar disasters) in the future.

Can they raise the level of the portion of the city that is below sea level? (It sounds ridiculous, but weren't they talking about that for Venice?) Do they move the location of the city? Do they build a more elaborate system of levees?

I know the Netherlands offered to send experts in reengineering the levee system.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

In the smallest major league market in the USA?

N'Orleans is, Err, WAS, the 34th largest TV market in the US.

A minor major market is correct.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

N'Orleans is, Err, WAS, the 34th largest TV market in the US.

The Nielsen people had New Orleans at #43, with 675,760 people in the market. For the record, Columbus, Ohio is #34 (867,490).

Other markets with major league teams (and that doesn't... YET):

Memphis: #44.

Buffalo: #46.

LAS VEGAS: #51.

Green Bay: #69.

I know the Netherlands offered to send experts in reengineering the levee system.

Haven't we been telling other countries "we don' need to stinkin' help"? That's what I've heard, so I don't know if the Dutch are sending dyke experts to help fix the levees.

*chuckles at "dyke experts"*

*sighs*

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived