minnesota

pittfan11

When will a minnesota team(wolves, vikings, twins) get a new logo or uniform. Each team has had there logos for almost ten years or more. The twins have had there jerseys for almost twenty. The twolves jerseys look old compared to everyone elses (except for the celtics).

mav23.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what's wrong with the Twins uniforms, I like when teams uniforms stay the same when the look's not a problem. The twins have some classy uniforms, and it's hard to screw up their color scheme.

The Timberwolves have some of the stranger uniforms in the NBA. I like the black/green/blue scheme, but the Halloweeny font for the numbers is somewhat dated and silly. I imagine that the Wolves will redo their look before too long.

The Vikings don't really need a uniform makeover. The teams in the NFC north are steeped in tradition and outside of this awful Detroit uniform abomination, the Bears, Vikings, and Packers have had pretty much the same thing going on for years, and I think that's the way it should be. It's a classic football uniform, not the greatest fashion statement, but traditional and can withstand the test of time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd like to see the TWolves go back to a design similar to when they entered the league, maybe with the current colors.

mn-tim96h21.gifmn-tim96r21.gif

I'll agree with you on this one. I always liked their first set. They were simple. I don't mind the current ones either, but i like the original color combo much better.

I'd like to see the TWolves go back to a design similar to when they entered the league, maybe with the current colors.

mn-tim96h21.gifmn-tim96r21.gif

I'll agree with you on this one. I always liked their first set. They were simple. I don't mind the current ones either, but i like the original color combo much better.

No.

My 8 week old cat crapped a better jersey than that this morning.

Twins - Gotta ditch the road pinstripes. They just aren't very pleasing to the eye and I get tired of looking at them after a while. The home and alternates are much better. I would welcome an update as long as they didn't do something stupid like force-in black or vests.

Wolves - The number font is bit weird looking and definetly looks like a product of the 90's. I would expect it to change and wouldn't miss it if the uniforms were tweaked. The trees should stay and the black alternate should stay. I wouldn't mind an update as long as it didn't stray too far from what they have now.

Vikings - I have no real gripes with their uni's. I wouldn't mind if they got spiced up but don't botch them! (like the bills/bengals)

Untitled-1.png

The Vikes did change theirs a few years back. Added an outline to the numbers and threw a logo on the sleeve.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Twins--except the road pinstripes, I wouldn't change a thing. Their home alts are my favorite jersey in all of baseball.

T'Wolves--I expect them to change their uniforms soon; they came from the same era as the teal horsie Pistons (the recoloring of the horsie logo rocked, though) and the Rockets, and plus, this franchise has a history of changing logos when they're down. Maybe another down year will do it?

Vikings--They're absolutely perfect. It's too bad they'll be celebrating their first-ever Super Bowl when they're in LA sporting those same uniforms :P (Read nothing into that statement, but wouldn't it be just so proper if the Vikings won a Super Bowl after they moved?)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

The twins have had there jerseys for almost twenty.

Liar

1987. its been 18.

No lies.

Funny how I remember the Twins only wearing only their 'M' caps back in oh...2001.

Funny how someone born in 1991 is protesting this. The "M" logo is older than you are.

Hard though it may be to grasp the concept of things occurring before you were here, the Twins changed their look in 1987. Here's a pic from that season. Note the hat.

87twins.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The twins have had there jerseys for almost twenty.

Liar

1987. its been 18.

No lies.

Funny how I remember the Twins only wearing only their 'M' caps back in oh...2001.

Funny how someone born in 1991 is protesting this. The "M" logo is older than you are.

Hard though it may be to grasp the concept of things occurring before you were here, the Twins changed their look in 1987. Here's a pic from that season. Note the hat.

87twins.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble.

What the hell are we arguing about here?

The initial statement is correct, the Twins have had the same jerseys since 1987 (alts notwithstanding). The "M" hat appeared for the first time the same year.

If we are debating about the change in the hat - yes, the Twins re-added the "TC" hat in, I believe 2001, but that certainly can't be considered "changing the jersey," let alone, changing the uniform. For all practical purposes, the Twins have had the same uni since 1987.

Bottom line: leafs13 - you're a dope.

Moose

When will a minnesota team(wolves, vikings, twins) get a new logo or uniform. Each team has had there logos for almost ten years or more. The twins have had there jerseys for almost twenty. The twolves jerseys look old compared to everyone elses (except for the celtics).

Here we go again. More change just for the sake of changing. I think the Vikings should go back to the darker purple they used to wear. At least it looks darker in the old NFL films stuff from Metropolitan Stadium. That's the only change the Vikings need to make. There were some great Twins concepts posted on the concept board. I could see the Twins making a change if they felt it necessary but their unis aren't bad. Have the Wild really been around long enough to need a change? Finally, the T-Wolves can do whatever they want. I lost interest in the NBA a long time ago. :D

BB52Big.jpg

The original jerseys sucked. I never understood why they called the team the Timberwolves but only put "Wolves" on the jersey...silly. However, the logo (but not the wordmark) was cool, IMHO, well for 1989 at least. :D

minn1.gif

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The original T-Wolves stuff was bad. REALLY bad. The new stuff is good. I'm still not sold on the number font, but the rest is great--especially the tree trim.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They put KNICKS on the front of the NY Knickerbockers' uniforms.

So WOLVES on the front looks sharp.

See also:

SuperSONICS

Trail BLAZERS

Only the Wolves uniforms need to change. The font is horrible. Sports teams should have a locker room feel, not a mall.

also, dallas and cleveland have worn jerseys that said Mavs and Cavs, respectively...

i see no problem with WOLVES.

i think the current twolves jerseys are terrible. they remind me of a more northern-themed, basketball version, of the old phoenix coyotes uniforms. patterns like that on the collars are just tacky, imo... and the black, blue, and green color scheme just looks too dark. it needs a lighter accent color, to keep it from looking so bland and washed out.

the original wolves jerseys weren't great, and i don't like the fact that they used mavs colors (well at least they were the mavs colors at the time)... but they were a lot more pleasing to the eyes than the current ones.

the font is stupid. the colors are ugly. the design is tacky.

the twolves are one of the worst dressed teams in sports, if you ask me.

Archived