I've switched sides...

vicfurth

While watching the SD/NYG game last night, I, vicfurth, have changed my mind about the Chargers' unis...

San Diego should never--I repeat, never--switch to the powders. The currents are the best in the AFC.

Current:

343_092505ltmonsterday.jpg

Powder blues:

037.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
San Diego should never--I repeat, never--switch to the powders. The currents are the best in the AFC.

Current:

343_092505ltmonsterday.jpg

Come into the light. All are welcome in the light. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't know whether I'm in the majority or minority, but I think the Chargers are absolutely perfect the way they are now.

Their currents are among the best in the league.

The powder blues are sweet too, but leave them as throwbacks. Wear them once or twice, maaaaybe three times a year.

They both are awesome jerseys.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Finally, someone who has stepped out of the days of yore. Vicfurth you are one of a many few, but welcome to the club. Those powder blue jerseys are old, very outdated and they should leave them in the closet next to the bellbottoms and audio cassette players. Same goes to the Giants, Jets and any team that decides to go old permanently. :puke:

This is part of the conundrum with the Chargers. I love both sets. I've always thought the current unis are among the best in the NFL. I thought that with the Fouts era unis. I think that with the powder blues.

But they obviously can't have it all.

They ought to be content doing what they've been doing -- wearing the navy set as their primaries and using the powders as an alt. It's as close to having the best of both worlds as you can get.

The current SD uni's are really nice. They could possibly be improved by reversing the yellow and white everywhere (numbers, bolts, etc.) This would mean yellow pants.

If not, they are still nice, and one of the few teams that IMO looks really great with the dark jersey / dark pants combo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The current SD uni's are really nice. They could possibly be improved by reversing the yellow and white everywhere (numbers, bolts, etc.) This would mean yellow pants.

If not, they are still nice, and one of the few teams that IMO looks really great with the dark jersey / dark pants combo.

No one looks good with a darkpants/darkshirt combo, IMO.

As high school (and cheapo college program) as it gets

the powder blue so kicks ass over the dark blue. and the panthers blue kicks ass to. and i was hoping that the bills would keep on wearing their throwbacks,because those were freaking sweet.

p.s. vicfurth, flushy pusch marshmallows their the best

u heard it hear folks homestar likes marshmallows

No one looks good with a darkpants/darkshirt combo, IMO.

As high school (and cheapo college program) as it gets

Yeahhh, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there...

On most teams yes, but I think some can pull it off very professionally.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They should just go back to those Fouts-era uniforms. For years the Rams and Chargers looked very similar, but this started to change in '85. Then the Rams changed in '00, so no pro team is wearing blue and yellow any more.

Kinda reminds me of when the Eagles changed in '96. One reason was they "didn't want to look like the Jets" who sucked at that time (and arguably suck now too). Then two years later the Jets changed, leaving no team wearing kelly green, which I miss. :cry:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

This is part of the conundrum with the Chargers. I love both sets. I've always thought the current unis are among the best in the NFL. I thought that with the Fouts era unis. I think that with the powder blues.

But they obviously can't have it all.

They ought to be content doing what they've been doing -- wearing the navy set as their primaries and using the powders as an alt. It's as close to having the best of both worlds as you can get.

i feel the exact same way. All sets are great.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

i'm a chargers fan, so take this how you want to, but the powder blues are th ebest unis in football. the currents are ok, and i even like the current white jersey, but the navy home shirt is especially bland.

simply put the chargers need a uni change, and all though i would perfer a return to the powder blues, they are only one of three options the chargers could use:

1.bring back the powder blues full time

2.bring back the fouts era unis and keep the powder blues as throwbacks/alts

3.keep the current unis, but as BBTV said, switch the yellow and white, keep the powder blues as throwbacks/alts.

i would perfer option one, but i would fine with any of these three options. the current set, especially the home navy set, is just to bland. you can hardly see the yellow.

Kinda reminds me of when the Eagles changed in '96. One reason was they "didn't want to look like the Jets" who sucked at that time (and arguably suck now too). Then two years later the Jets changed, leaving no team wearing kelly green, which I miss. :cry:

Did they really say that? :blink:

As a Charger fan also let me throw my 2 cents in.

I like both uniform sets, too. Personally, I'd vote to keep as is, with the alternates being worn once a year. I think having the powder blues as alternates keep them fresh. If you saw them every week they wouldn't look as good after a few years.

The navy blue with white pants is a great uniform, I don't think they're bland at all. Plus they looks 200% better at night games when against a contrasting away uniform like the Giants wore last night. Their current white & navy road uniforms I'm not in love with, they look a little too much like the Bears road unis, but as choices go it's their best option.

I like the powder blues as well, and I wouldn't change anything about them, except maybe brighten the powder blue just a little, back to the "collegiate" blue -- which I believe was their original color -- a slightly darker/bluer hue than the powder blue alternates. They did change their jersey colors a lot in their first 5-10 years of existence so without having authentics in front of me I'm not sure. The all-white alternates are great, too, I'd like to see those again as they haven't been worn since 1994.

I would definitely not want to see powder blue pants. Yuck. Anyone remember the Lions honolulu blue pants? Exactly.

If someone has the link to a navy/powder blue combo concept please link. I'd be curious, but I'd imagine it might look like too much going on and take away from the best features on either set.

Maybe what the Chargers should do is like what the Jets (Just End The Season) did in '98

Okay mister. That was uncalled for!! :P

And yes, i think it's a toss-up because the Chargers have great jerseys, both current and throwbacks.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived