I've switched sides...

vicfurth

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally, someone who has stepped out of the days of yore. Vicfurth you are one of a many few, but welcome to the club. Those powder blue jerseys are old, very outdated and they should leave them in the closet next to the bellbottoms and audio cassette players. Same goes to the Giants, Jets and any team that decides to go old permanently. :puke:

I completely dissagree with you

The Jets and the Giants updated their old look, and made themselves look much better in the process. Stepping out of the "New age" look some teams tried for in the 90's.

As for the Chargers, I think the throwbacks make the perfect alt. I love the current set they have. I see the resemblance to the Bears, but the giant lightning bolts make San Diego's set different. It just sets them apart, in my opinion.

The powder blues suck, I hate them. They used to be okay until every rapper and white kid that thinks they are a rapper started to wear it. It is the most played out alt in sports. Their uniforms right now jumped the bengals when they changed to become the best in the league. The only thing suggestion I have for the white jerseys is to make the number outlining on the white jersey go blue yellow blue instead of yellow white blue.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The navy jersey I absolutely love! The throwbacks don't do anything for me, so a slight modernization, in the form of that old beer commercial... LET'S DO BOTH! Introducing the powder/navy alternate.

charger.jpg

SAN DI-EGO SUPER CHAR-GERS

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

the powder blue jerseys are AWESOME, and i own one with LT's name and number on it... one of my favorite jerseys i own.

however, what makes it so awesome and special is that it's a throwback. it's not worn every week. it's a great jersey, and it's awesome to show love for your team's history... but wearing them every week would make them less special.

the home/road combo for the bolts is also damn near flawless.

i think they've got an ideal setup right now.

they've got the awesome navy and yellow home/road set, and a few times a year, they bust out the insanely popular baby blue alternate.

the powder blue jersey, in my opinion, is only as awesome as it is, because it's a rare treat.... so it's possible to absolutely adore the powder blue chargers jerseys, but still want to see it kept as an alternate only.

...they should leave them in the closet next to the bellbottoms and audio cassette players.  Same goes to the Giants, Jets and any team that decides to go old permanently.  :puke:

Yeah, the Jets really dropped the ball by ditching this and going "old scool". :rolleyes:

NYJets90.gif

The Chargers went through years of tinkering with their uniform in the mid 80s to mid 90s before reaching perfection. The powder blues are OK as a rare treat, but they should keep what they have now.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

...they should leave them in the closet next to the bellbottoms and audio cassette players.  Same goes to the Giants, Jets and any team that decides to go old permanently.   :puke:

Yeah, the Jets really dropped the ball by ditching this and going "old scool". :rolleyes:

NYJets90.gif

Actually going old school was the best thing the Jets have done since winning Super Bowl III.

6uXNWAo.png

This is an interesting thread. I too caught myself last night thinking "man those Charger unis do look pretty good."

To me, the Chargers current uniforms were pretty non-descript looking for a long time. They were OK but nothing special. Now all of a sudden I really like them. My theory is that as new uniforms keep getting uglier and more garish every day, teams like the Chargers start looking better.

Go with the current unis or switch to the powder blues either one is fine but whatever they do I hope they don't go the Atlanta, Arizona, Buffalo, Denver route.

BB52Big.jpg

I really like the way the home set looks, and I think the road whites are a tweak or two from perfection.

The powder blues are nice, but the novelty is wearing off. Someone earlier referred to them as "collegiate", which is an illustrative way to put it. Powder... Columbia... Carolina... however you call that light color, it's better suited to colleges than the pros. If powder blue is your "dark" color, what's going to serve as a contrast between it and all that white?

My personal request is the same as BBTV's (surprise, surprise B) ). Bring back the Yellow Lightning Bolt. I don't necessarily advocate a return to royal blue, because the lightning bolts show off so much better against the dark background (and honestly... thunderstorms happen when the skies are dark, not bright and sunny). But yellow pants - maybe with the white jerseys? - and yellow facemasks would be friggin' schweet.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

...they should leave them in the closet next to the bellbottoms and audio cassette players.  Same goes to the Giants, Jets and any team that decides to go old permanently.  :puke:

NYJets90.gif

Actually going old school was the best thing the Jets have done since winning Super Bowl III.

Indeed. The Jets have one of the best unis in the league.

As for the Bolts, the light blue is cool as a throwback, but the current set should be used 14 times a year. Besides, it's not even the best throwback.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Kinda reminds me of when the Eagles changed in '96. One reason was they "didn't want to look like the Jets" who sucked at that time (and arguably suck now too). Then two years later the Jets changed, leaving no team wearing kelly green, which I miss.  :cry:

Did they really say that? :blink:

That is true.

Also, they changed something about their uniforms each of the first few years of the new design, before finally getting it right in '03.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ah, beating this old horse again I see. This is one topic that should be retired/banned/locked for good and forever.

Sucky, feminine Powder Blues vs. their awesome current jerseys, which have been in use now since before most of you were even born.

You've got your (wrong) opinion and I've got mine. Let's just leave it at that - forever.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived