New Pacers Jerseys

Mings

So yeah, they are supposed to be unveiled later today. Reading the sports section this morning, I stumbled upon this........

newpacers.jpg

I like em, should be a full pic of both of the unis on the Pacers website later today.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely see some insipration from the Pacers ABA-era throwbacks, but luckily it ends at inspiration instead of the duplication that stifles true innovation.

Now that I've gotten the rhyming out of my system, I really like what the Pacers have done here. A subtle nod to the past in the form of a distinctive, modern-looking style.

QPR%20Sig.png

Here's an interesting tidbit from the Pacers' website:

The fabric of the uniform will consist of a different fabric on the front and back. The front and inserts of the jersey are made with Play Dry metallic stretch air. The back of the jersey is a Play Dry flatback mesh, which is an open hole mesh allowing for slightly more breathability in a key area of perspiration. This marks the first time a NBA team will wear a jersey consisting of different fabric on the front and back. This concept was tested in the 2005 NBA All-Star Game.

Y'know, I just don't like that. It's too generic. And the addition of the grey is just silly.

Then again, I loved the pinstriped set. Loved.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Y'know, I just don't like that. It's too generic. And the addition of the grey is just silly.

Then again, I loved the pinstriped set. Loved.

According to the release on the Pacers' website, they couldn't do the pinstripes with the new fabrics. I think it's a good change. The Pacers are a team that markets its tradition and plays in a retro fieldhouse, so I think low-key was the way to go.

Personal feelings towards the Pacers aside (sorry, as a Pistons fan, it's kind of a "to-the-pain" (yes, that'd be a gratuitious Princess Bride reference thrown in there) thing with Indy :lol: ), I really like this new set...

Gives a nod to their glory days in the ABA and moves forward rather nicely...

Heck, even a gold version of these wouldn't look too bad at all...anything beats that awful gold with blue pinstripes alt they had :puke:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived