2005 World Series: White Sox vs. Astros

Cujo

Who will win the Series?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm taking the Astros in 6. They've got the better pitching overall, their bats are hot, and they just finished off the best team in the majors. Being a Wild Card team in the World Series doesn't seem to hurt either.

6uXNWAo.png

Gun to my head? ARGH. I've gotta say, if the Astros split in Chicago, they'll win the series. Do I think they'll split in Chicago? ....... Yes. I'll go Astros in 6.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

White Sox in 7.

I'm not expecting either team to score a lot in this series...the pitching on both sides is just too good.

That being said, it'll be entertaining to watch at the least... B)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

White Sox in 6... maybe 7, but def. the Sox.

That said, I hate the Astros' ballpark and all of its gimmicky lameness. I hate the cheap homeruns to left, that hideous wall in left center, rediculous hill in center, that stupid train. Right field is fine since it feels, plays and looks like a legit ballpark. The demensions of the stadium remind me of when we played wiffle ball in gym class inside and to hit a homer to left all you had to do was hit it 25 feet and knock it off the partitioned wall.

Sorry for the tangent... you get my point. However, I like Astros fans and after the heart and grit Houston has shown during the hurricane season they deserve a reward. My heart is with the Astros and Biggio and esp. Bagwell (he was my favorite player in the '90s), but I love the White Sox's Ozzieball style and I think the Sox starters are good enough to offset Houston's pitching and will find just enough runs to win. Plus the W-Sox had the best road record in the bigs, which combined with the HFA, should give them the upper hand. Either way, this is going to be great baseball; great pitching, balanced lineups, great defense, smart managers. Should be fun and whoever wins will have def. earned it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Do I side with the team who eliminated m favorite team? Or do I side with the team who eliminated my other favorite team? hmmm.....I'm going with Houston. I like them more as a franchise. Actually, Houston was my 2nd fav. team before Jim Edmonds went to St. Louis. I think Houston in 6. The killer B's deserve a title too.

Oswalt, Pettite, Clemens & Backe vs. Burhele, Garland, Contreas & Garcia. Great pitching, should be a tough series, but I say Sox in 7.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Sox in seven

The Astros have not been hitting. I wish it would be a great series but the officiating has been horrible and i am afraid the umpires will stay in the headlines.

I can't remember a postseason with so many bad calls. I mean usually there are one or two but this has been every day something affecting the game..

Remember when umps used to consult with each other sometimes to make sure a call was right?

Shoeless Joe redeemed?

I've been watching World Series games since I was 4 years old, in 1960. Now, granted, I don't remember a lot from the first three years. But from then on, I just can't remember the kind of potential pitching duels that we can see in this World Series.

But I'm picking the White Sox in seven.

Sheesh. That would mean the Red Sox and White Sox winning consecutive World Series. And the following year, the Minnesota Vikings will win the Super Bowl. :P

Archived