Milwaukee Bucks Uniform Concept...

ColeJ

so i was watching the mavs lose a heartbreaker to the bucks tonight, and through most of the game, i couldn't help but feel sorry for milwaukee.... those jerseys are just terrible. so drab and dark and... purpley. why is there so much damn purple in the nba?!

so... as the game progressed, in the back of mind, i started kicking ideas around for a new color scheme.

I decided on forest green, and hunter orange..... once i got going, i decided i needed something else... so i ended up using 2 shades of green.

I really like the logos... both of them... so i did my best to keep them as unchanged as possible... aside from the obvious changes of color.

here's what i came up with...

Home Uniforms:

bucks-homes.png

Road Uniforms:

bucks-roads.png

then, i was finished...

but then i remembered that it's a rule that every concept has to either BE an alternate uniform, or INCLUDE an alternate uniform... i knew if i didn't post one, someone would say something like "i'd like to see one of those in orange, for the thirds!"... and then i'd be too lazy to go draw it up... so i just threw it in, while i was inspired. i'm not a big fan of this alternate... the orange i chose was supposed to be harsh on the eyes... just something to jazz up the piping on the dark green jerseys. a little goes a long way, so i'm not sure i love the all-orange look... so hey, if you like this uniform set, then it's part of this concept. if you find it difficult to look at, then it's not part of the concept, and it's just there to gawk at. that way, i can't lose.

here it is:

bucks-thirds.png

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS CONCEPT! as i've said before... i'm not a professional, nor do i strive to be one. i'm not doing these to add to a portfolio or to get my name out there... my sole purpose of taking the time to draw these up, is to get feedback on my ideas. every little comment helps me feel like i didn't waste my time :)

Your incessant babbling drew me to the conclusion that it looks great. :D

j/k. It does look good. I like the color scheme, though I think the Sonics would have a :censored:fit. I really like the aways. I think the bucks could use that dark green and a more metallic shade of gold like the Cavs', though.

Your incessant babbling drew me to the conclusion that it looks great. :D

j/k. It does look good. I like the color scheme, though I think the Sonics would have a :censored:fit. I really like the aways. I think the bucks could use that dark green and a more metallic shade of gold like the Cavs', though.

you know, i tried that... but as much as orange and green looks like the miami hurricanes to lmu, the green and gold looked just like dallas stars basketball, to me :)

but then again, the stars are my obsession, so any amount of green will make me think of the stars. :)

That is a very nice design. Less purple is usually a good thing.

I think the full logo on both sides of the shorts is a little much. It looks too busy or bottom heavy or something.

As someone who is fully "old school," I'd like to see the yellow replaced by red.

When I read "hunter orange", I had grim visions of Day-Glo traffic cone shades of orange attacking my retinas. But I looked at the concept. I really like it. Those colors look great together (especially on my Irish flag), and you blended them well.

My suggestions, for what they're worth:

- heighten the contrast between the two shades of green. Green and blue (and black/gray, I guess) are the only colors in sports that can be put on a uniform in 2 differing shades. On your concept, the difference is so subtle that it can be easily overlooked.

- the Padres numbers are nice, but I actually prefer what the Bucks use now, and they'd probably look fine. You've done enough to make a significant change with the new colors that you could keep the old numbers, which work well with the wordmark they use, and you kept.

Great stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, if you're going to do an official Wisconsin uniform with blaze orange, you should probably add camouflage for the duck hunters ...

Actually, the orange uni made me think of the University of ILLinois. So maybe that's not a good thing. Perhaps instead of an all-orange third, something that mixes in more orange while not being dominated by the orange would be better.

Not sure I like this number font. Certainly it's time for a different font from what they have now, but I'm not sure this is it.

However, merely removing the purple improves the uniform considerably. And the orange is a logical addition (the deer in the Bucks' original logo is vaguely yellow-orange), as the secondary logo shows. The Sonics don't use brick red anymore, so who cares what they think?

Good work. Reflects Bucks heritage (such as it is), and gets away from the damnable purple.

Packers-2.png

I'd reiterate the Miami thing, but I think you get that.

How about trying it with a red-orange type color and make the green more like the Eagles (green/blue coloring)

I think the reason why it doesn't look as distinct as it could is because the tints of each color are just like other recognizable team colors.

I think it can work though, just play with it.

What about red and green with a purple accent?

eh....maybe not

i know it's almost december and all, but i'm not mixing red and green in one of my concepts... those 2 colors together look terrible, and remind me of the dreaded mooterus.

i appreciate all the comments so far. keep them coming. :)

Interesting look, Cole.

I do have to wonder why purple has seemingly joined black as some sort of evil colour, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I do have to wonder why purple has seemingly joined black as some sort of evil colour, though.

I don't know why. Go Kings Go.

These look great. Good idea sticking the green and orange with each other. My favorite of the three unis is the road. That green one looks nice. I agree with VitD on using the Bucks' current number, I think they would look pretty good. What you have now, works, but I don't think that change is necessary. Good job.

teamsnew2.png

Only real criticism I can make is that the alt screams Miami to me. Yes, it's college, but those colors just scream that with all that orange. Besides that, not bad.

actually when I saw the alt, I saw the Phoenix Suns Alternate. Colors looks great together, but the atl I would change

Interesting look, Cole.

i'd have no problems with purple at all, if it weren't so over-used in the NBA...

in the NHL, there's 2 purple teams... both in the LA area.

in the NFL, there's 2 purple teams, minny and baltimore.

in baseball, there's 2 purple teams, colorado and arizona.

why does the NBA need the lakers, sacto, milwaukee, phoenix, utah, the hornets, AND the raptors... all wearing purple somewhere in their look.

it's just overkill, is all.

also, to anyone not "feeling" the alternate... again, neither am i... so if you don't like it, follow instructions, and pretend it's not there to begin with :P

Interesting color scheme, Cole. Still doesn't hold a candle to what Forest Green and Copper would look like, but it at least allows for an alternate jersey. The overall design is solid, I could really see my Bucks wearing something like this.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived