Augusta GreenJackets New Logo

charliec107

Did the old logo also have golf clubs? I really like that touch. Also, does anyone know if it is coincidental that the insect's right wing (our left) looks like an S? Overall, I like it. Go, Cal (and Bill, let's not forget :D ).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Also, does anyone know if it is coincidental that the insect's right wing (our left) looks like an S?

It's gotta be coincidental...what would it stand for if it was intentional?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know he owns a few minor league clubs, not just the Ironbirds-he's building a baseball empire of sorts. I remember reading about it in USA Today a few months back...anyway, didn't the old logo have a bit of hot pink in it? or was I hallucinating?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Also, does anyone know if it is coincidental that the insect's right wing (our left) looks like an S?

OH MY GOD!!!!!

The SS!!! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!! :shocked:

:oops:

*cough*

I do have to say that, I love that interlaced 'GJ' hat logo, thats really smooth how the letters meld together. I'd buy a hat.

Pardon me for being clueless on this, but what is the SIGNIFICANCE of the "S"? I see it , but what does it stand for?

Overall, interesting improvement on the logo. I like the addition of the golf clubs, and the fact that the bug is no longer "lounging around" and chewing on a long blade of grass.... ( see below)

Augusta.JPG

It is what it is.

Is this the first time equipment from another sport has made its way into a logo?

This is what i want to know. MOST intregu- intreeg - integui... interesting.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

My thought as well, but I figured I would ask in case I was wrong.

As for the sports equipment crossover, I can't think of another one.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Is this the first time equipment from another sport has made its way into a logo?

On second thought, would this count, since the jockey is presumely wearing silks and carrying a whip? Maybe I'm stretching it a bit, especially since this a logo for use by a college for all of its teams.

MurrayStateRacers.GIF

Thanks, LogoServer

Archived