Buffalo Sabres New Uniforms

habsfan1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few weeks ago, Sabres president Larry Quinn indicated during a radio interview--gotta love WGR550--that the Sabres were indeed seriously looking into reverting to the good ole BLUE & GOLD of yesteryear.

As far as any mid-season unveiling, I doubt that considerably, but probably sometime during the spring or offseason.

When they went to Red/black/silver 10 years ago they did a public unveiling at open skate---they old Aud was filled to the gills with 16,000+ fans to see the new awful jerseys. Maybe they'd do something like that again, but don't we all know what the old stuff looked like?!

Merry Xmas

A LOT of NHL teams are getting new uniforms next year. All jerseys next year are going to be made from a different tighter fabric that, if the new Team Canada jerseys are any indicator, will have a very, very, different cut than they do now. While I anticipate most teams will likely keep a similar striping pattern then they have now, a lot of teams may be forced to change their striping patterns because of it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If I remember correctly, they indicated Buffalo was getting a complete new uniform set at around the beginning of the season. They are to include the blue and gold colour scheme they once used, but the logo would be either the modern ones or a modernization of the original one.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I heard about this; my feeling is that they are going to be blue and gold, and the old logo is going be be brought back, but a little differently.

Apparently all the jerseys are being done by Reebok, with this new tight fit. Does somebody have a pic of the Team Cananda jersey, so I can get an idea of what it might be?

Blue and Gold next year is going to be huge...

I hope the Sabres don't revert to the old ones--they were awful. An updated version might be okay though.

The ghost of GIlbert Perreault is waiting to kick the :censored: out of you for that statement.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

When they went to Red/black/silver 10 years ago they did a public unveiling at open skate---they old Aud was filled to the gills with 16,000+ fans to see the new awful jerseys.

Buffalo can't even break 16,000 on opening night after an entire year without hockey. What would make them come out just to see a jersey? :P

Oh, and this has nothing to do with the new Reebok jerseys. This idea was floating around the Sabres organization for years and they planned this even before the lockout. Not sure how Reebok was brought into this conversation.

Not sure how Reebok was brought into this conversation.

Simple the entire NHL is getting new uniforms for next year and reebok is designing them.

Just tighter fit. No where has it been stated that the templates/colors would be different.

Not sure how Reebok was brought into this conversation.

Simple the entire NHL is getting new uniforms for next year and reebok is designing them.

Just tighter fit. No where has it been stated that the templates/colors would be different.

actually it has been reported that many teams will get redesigns.

To get sidetracked, the Mighty Ducks are reportedly set to unveil a new name, logo, design, and colors much to the shigrin of Roger.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I hope the Sabres don't revert to the old ones--they were awful.  An updated version might be okay though.

The ghost of GIlbert Perreault is waiting to kick the :censored: out of you for that statement.

And when he gets down with ya...me and my Sabre fan friends willl take our turn.

On that radio show, Quinn said the jerseys have already been designed. They would like to reveal them now, but they're waiting on Reebok to realease all teams at once. As far as I know, Reebok has not set a official date.

Danny Gare, when they retired his number, made a subtle comment in his speech that the Blue & Gold should come back. The current players were wearing Blue & GOld's over their home black's during the ceremony and the crowd ate them up.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

has anyone else seen this site?http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/index.html

It's got some great gold and blue concepts. I hope the sabres use some of them.

That website has been around for years, and some people believe that it might look like some of those concepts.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

has anyone else seen this site?http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/index.html

It's got some great gold and blue concepts. I hope the sabres use some of them.

That website has been around for years, and some people believe that it might look like some of those concepts.

Furthermore, that designer posts here, or at least once did (I apologize...there's so many members now I lose track).

Archived