New IIHF Jerseys

beesharps

While I don't like them, I have to point out that nothing on these new jerseys is "screen printed." They're using a process called dye sublimation, and it's very, very different.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike has done it again, all though im a Nike fan as opposed to other brands. They do this in soccer, with their total 90 template. I agree with most posters that the 2002 models are probably the best to date. I think each country should have individual designs, I don't mind much if the jersey cut, material and all that new thin stuff remained, because I do see it as the future of the game. The socks are weird, but Nike has this ability for their designs to grow on you, I don't know how they do that, and Nike also has the ability where they can get other companies to copy their styles(i.e, if you look at soccer, many manufacturers still copy Nike's template from the 2002 world cup, the template with the two spikes coming down the side of the jersey.. even to this day Adidas has done that with some of their jerseys for the upcoming world cup, i.e Japan).

So if soccer indicates anything, expect the NHL in the future to look like this.

Yep, Nike has done it again.

They've taken one of the world's greatest games, presented in a global showcase, and made it look like an intramural rec league tourney.

Nice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Didn't those old Bronco's unis teach them that vertical stripes on sports socks look wrong.

Or the late 60s Tulane University?

(Oddly enough, Nike has some soccer teams like Juventus and Arsenal with one vertical stripe along the Achilles tendon ...)

I'm sick of Nike selling this cookie cutter crap. With all their freakin money you think they could have different designers do different things. Like that stupid colored sleeve we had to put up with this year in college football. One team--it's innovative perhaps. Four teams, it's stupid.

Bring back the Whale!

I was being sarcastic. Who knows why, maybe this is a cheaper method, and in the long run, you can quickly remove the numbers and nameplates and add new ones on if you trade that player.

How do you get traded from a national team?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I was being sarcastic. Who knows why, maybe this is a cheaper method, and in the long run, you can quickly remove the numbers and nameplates and add new ones on if you trade that player.

How do you get traded from a national team?

Haha, whoops, I need to fix my sleeping habbits... What I meant to say is this allows teams to quickly make these jerseys and change them...say...if a player is injured, its cheaper to modify an existing jersey then have to go get a new one, especially if the injured player might not be able to play again in time to wear that jersey again.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I haven't seen them in action on TV yet, but from the first round of photo galleries I've seen, these are so unexplainably bad it's not funny.

It's bad enough that so many teams are once more sharing the same template, which took ages to get away from the first time, but I really, really, really hate the arm stripes that only run for 10 inches or so. What's with that anyway? Run them all the way down to the cuffs of the sleeves you idiots! Why on earth do they stop in the middle of the arm for no reason?!

And nothing on the shoulders of nearly every team. Booooooorrrrrrrrring.

They all just look so damn generic, like players from a table hockey game. They all look alike, and appear to have only the most basic logo slapped on like clip art with no thought or creativity added. NONE AT ALL.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I really enjoyed all of the jerseys from the 1998 Olympics. They all looked professional, unique, and fitting for the country they were representing. These new jerseys are pretty awful.

I was pissed when I played NHL 98 that it didn't have the official international jerseys. However, 1998 was about when I stopped paying attention to hockey. Oh well.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

While I don't like them, I have to point out that nothing on these new jerseys is "screen printed." They're using a process called dye sublimation, and it's very, very different.

nike is changing everything traditional about jerseys too freakin fast. I think i will boycott nike until they see the error of their ways.......

well, if there is a good thing about the new jerseys, National Sports in Canada is selling off the authetic 2002 Jerseys for 90 bucks a piece

care for a trip up to 5 pts after work? :)

If you guys buy me a red authentic third jersey from 2002, size 56 I WILL pay you back!!! (likely via Paypal) In fact, I will pay it to you before you have to ship to me. And if I don't pay you, you can keep it (obviously).

Your choice, obviously. I won't care if you don't do it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

^ you got some good taste Rog. I have the replica...I dunno how many are left, but I guess we could check it out for ya. I mean, if they still have them, you're never going to find a better deal on an authentic jersey, especially team Canada. Those things sell like Furbys in the late 90's.

if I didn't drop cash on a printer yesterday, plus dinner I'd be all over them. i guess we'll check it out for ya Rog. What size?

I don't have a problem with Nike using a base template. I know as far back as the Canada Cup in 1990 or whatever year that it was that Tackla had their diamonds on the shoulders of the Czech team and Sweden, and in '94 at the Olympics Reebok was the uniform supplier and they were very similar (I have my illustrations of them in front of me) and they all had the Reebok logo on the shoulders. The best collection of jerseys that I know of were the World Cup in '96 all made by Nike, classy and unique to each country. It's just hard to find pics of any of these jerseys at the present.

Archived