League Logos

brinkeguthrie

i don't think any league needs to change logos, but after direct comparison I see an extremely close similarity in the designs of the NBA and MLB logos:

NBA_2971.gifMLB_1986.gif

Both logos are white silhouettes of athletes, with blue on the left and red on the right, and the MLB logo's only 3 years older that the NBA one (1969 vs. 1972)-- maybe the NBA got "inspired" by the other.

And no, it's not like I've never seen either logo before, or even side by side for that matter, it's just that I'm too damn lazy to notice it...

I gotta agree with what's already been said: I think these league logos are pretty classic and don't really need to be changed. Sure, maybe a tweak here and there every couple of years just to keep things current, but none need a major overhaul.

why change iconic logos? they are great logos and dont need to be touched.

Because this is CCSLC where if it's more than 2 years old it needs to be "updated." I am sure that there is a good percentage of folks around here who feel that the Statue of Liberty and The American Flag are "outdated." Relax kids I am just having a little fun with you. :D

I think all the league logos are just fine the way they are. The NHL should not have changed their logo to begin with but I understand why they did it.

BB52Big.jpg

I remember hearing from several sources that the player depicted in silhouette in the NBA logo is LA Lakers guard Jerry West, based on a photo of him.

You heard that from several sources? That's just silly...You've heard that because it IS Jerry West. Haven't you ever heard him referred to as The Logo before?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

MLB's official stance on their logo is that it is no player in particular, Killebrew was just something the fans came up with. I don't know if the NBA has officially claimed Jerry West as the man in their logo, but it seems to be more officially recognised than Killebrew.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The NFL until the mid-60s had little pinstripes behind the letters NFL as shown on the cover of the 1967 "Ice Bowl" NFL Championship Game:

1967_NFL_Champ_IceBowl.jpg

Oh, as for the BB logo, for many years I heard it was Pete Rose. It's only in the last few years they said Killebrew. Looks like the Fat Kid's nose, anyway.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

The NFL until the mid-60s had little pinstripes behind the letters NFL as shown on the cover of the 1967 "Ice Bowl" NFL Championship Game:

1967_NFL_Champ_IceBowl.jpg

Oh, as for the BB logo, for many years I heard it was Pete Rose. It's only in the last few years they said Killebrew. Looks like the Fat Kid's nose, anyway.

NFL_4711.gif

from sportslogos.net

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That NBA logo is in need of some longer shorts.

What he's wearing look very 80's.

Actually Jerry played in the 60s

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived