New Frankfurt Galaxy Jerseys

Wellsandt

That's the logo of the League's main sponsor Skoda (carmaker). Also each team will have the logo of it's main team sponsor on the other side. The jerseys look very packed that way. But in Europe it's usual that sports teams have the logo of their sponsor on their jersey. And the NFLE is still not very profitable. So the teams need the money.

He means the orange pits on the blue jersey and the blue pits on the white jersey. I personally don't thing it looks tacky, I think it look good without being excessively "modern".

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

They look alright.

I really hate how the NFL Europe puts a BIG patch of their NFL team on most of the players jerseys.

Just imagine that jersey with a LARGE NFL team logo on the front and it'll be more accurate.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

They look alright.

I really hate how the NFL Europe puts a BIG patch of their NFL team on most of the players jerseys.

Just imagine that jersey with a LARGE NFL team logo on the front and it'll be more accurate.

I agree. I don't mind the idea of putting a player's team affiliation on the jersey, but why does it need to be gargantuan.

He means the orange pits on the blue jersey and the blue pits on the white jersey.  I personally don't thing it looks tacky, I think it look good without being excessively "modern".

that's purple, not blue.

one thing I figure, unfortunately, the Fire's version will probably have white numbers with black trim (again)...I'm hoping they go back to gold numbers trimmed in white, which is how it was from 97 to 99 (and gold numbers on the road would be nice too)...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

They look alright.

I have noticed the GALAXY-Script below the collar. They will most likely not put that ugly and HUGE Team patch at the same position. I guess they'll stick it on the other shoulder.

not likely...the last sets, with allocated players, had the ginormous logo over where the NFLE shield and team wordmark would be on a national or non-allocated player. let's just hope they shrink it a bit.

on a funny note, not even that would save that Berlin team from looking tacky as hell :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

I am pretty sure that there was no wordmark on the 2005 Jerseys. Not allocated players had the NFLE shield instead of a team logo. Same size as the team logos.

The logo will properably not be on the shoulder, they need that space for another sonsor.

9_%20106.jpg

Gah. Those team-allocation logos really cheese me off. They even further clutter up a jersey that has sponsorship logos crammed onto the shoulders. Logos that size belong on the sides of a helmet, not the front of a jersey. When they first decided to do this, the team logo simply replaced the NFLE shield at the v-neck of the jersey. Or, here's a somewhat tasteful idea - for allocated players, put the NFL team's wordmark in place of the NFLE team's wordmark.

I wish the teams would have their own individual uniform designs again, but I know the NFL doesn't see any upside to putting that kind of effort into what's basically a financial vacuum. If this is the new template though, I've gotta say it's an upgrade over just copying the Patriots' template. Please don't stick those plopty block numbers on these, though.

Ah, it all makes me long for 1995... good stuff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If I remember right, when they first started doing that for allocated players, it was simply a decal on the back of the helmet. That was five million times better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The last euro league game I saw they had the HUGE LOGO on the front plus a decal on the back of the helmet.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

My guess it that its an attempt to sell jerseys of the American teams more in Germany (Since all but one team is in Germany right?). You know, one of a fans favorites is say the Green Bay dude in the pic. So he buys the Rhein jersey, plus the Packers jersey of the dude, and some other stuff as well. Thats twice as many jerseys. I'm sure that is their idea. Build up the brands (teams) in Europe.

If I remember right, when they first started doing that for allocated players, it was simply a decal on the back of the helmet. That was five million times better.

I remember, that was either 97 or 98 IIRC. I remember 97 well: the last season that big-logo jerseys were used before all the teams went traditional (though the Monarchs were a year ahead in that department, reverting from big-logo to a style similar to their original duds, complete with gold numbers at home), and the goddamn Dragons beat the Fire in the World Bowl :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived