Visa's New Logo

paynomind

Visanew.jpg

Visa USA today unveiled its new logo, the first change to its blue, white and gold icon in 30 years, and a new card design.

The new brand mark is designed to better reflect the range of electronic payment products provided by Visa's member financial institutions and the expanding environments in which the card is accepted. The updated brand mark, which debuted in regions outside of the U.S. in September, features the iconic Visa brand name, the blue, white and gold colors and italicized type style, as well as graphic enhancements. The new design will appear on all new materials, including Visa payment cards, merchant decals, marketing materials and stadium signage. The new logo will be featured in upcoming print and TV advertising.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The new brand mark is designed to better reflect the range of electronic payment products provided by Visa's member financial institutions and the expanding environments in which the card is accepted.

I can't believe that some marketing assclown actually had the balls to write this. What a freaking joke.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

A freaking joke? Yes. They way corporate design works? Yes again. Companies (and professors for us university-goers) like to see a thought process like that. It shows the designer was intimately involved in the process of updating the mark. Whether it's true or not, marketing is all about feeding a consumer what they want to hear

The worst thing you can say at a presentation is, "And I've placed this yellow shape here because it looks good." A consumer wants to hear an in-depth story, process, and explanation of the work. A good habit to get into is always writing down your mental thought process for any project you do, and keep it in your book with your visual though process (sketches).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Do you want to know the sick awful truth?

80% of the time, a design justification is complete and utter bull :censored:. Most of the time the logo is designed and the colors are chosen before you write "Yellow conveys caution and blue conveys power in the psychology of color" (they don't, but they do "convey" something)

The design justification is for the client so they have a story to tell their "friends" or the "public." They love being able to say "That little line there represents _______" and "We used green for the logo because ________"

Personally...I love making them up. Its fun.

:P

wow...uh....it looks like they just italicized and smudged some gold on there

i don't understand all these corporations redesigning logos that were perfectly fine to begin with. once your brand has been used for such a long time and people are familiar with it- why make the change....not that this change is radical enough for people to go "is this is same Visa", but still -- just noticing a trend

Apparently corporate logos are now becoming incredibly abstract art.

"Oh, yeah, I definitely see what they were trying to do with the colors!"

It's one thing to have a design and a fathomable reason/story behind it. It's another to have a design and come up with the most inane interpretation ever known to mankind.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do you want to know the sick awful truth?

80% of the time, a design justification is complete and utter bull :censored:. Most of the time the logo is designed and the colors are chosen before you write "Yellow conveys caution and blue conveys power in the psychology of color" (they don't, but they do "convey" something)

The design justification is for the client so they have a story to tell their "friends" or the "public." They love being able to say "That little line there represents _______" and "We used green for the logo because ________"

Personally...I love making them up. Its fun.

:P

All true, but doesn't it kinda make you sound like what we would call "a wanker"?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I think the serif has been there forever-ish, but a few years ago, they did change from the old typeface pictured above to the current typeface, except VISA was all blue. Seems they've just removed the bars, and yes, colored the tip of the V gold.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

visa.jpg

this is the one we've been doing for...

the new design will appear on all new materials, including Visa payment cards, merchant decals, marketing materials and stadium signage.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived