"The Anaheim Ducks" *merged*

Mr. Vicious

I guess we owe that guy who started this thread an apology....

Now if we could only get some confirmation on the rumors about the Reebok jerseys...

Think they'll be revealed over the Olympics as well?

Apology accepted, now that my street cred is in full effect, I just just found out last night that the owner wants to wait till the end of the season to unveil the name and logo, but is still being pressured by the commissioner to do it sooner.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if we could only get some confirmation on the rumors about the Reebok jerseys...

Apology accepted, now that my street cred is in full effect, I just just found out last night that the owner wants to wait till the end of the season to unveil the name and logo, but is still being pressured by the commissioner to do it sooner.

How come you know have a different naem and by the looks ofit post account? you've made more then two post!

untitled-6.jpg

If you are going to change, why not go all the way and pick something cool and exciting instead?

Well, you know, you should trade nicknames between the Wild and Ducks. Ducks WOULD be an appropriate name for a Minnesota team. Wild is terrible. Another bad singular moniker with weird colors and font lettering. Now bring back "Fighting Saints," or better yet, "North Stars!" I only wished the Wild had tried to use "North Stars," just to watch that pirate owner in Dallas squeal! :D

How come you know have a different naem and by the looks ofit post account? you've made more then two post!

Yeah, when I changed my Email address my account got screwy and locked me out.

So I re-registered.

Yeah, when I changed my Email address my account got screwy and locked me out.

So I re-registered.

I responded to your email about it, but you ignored my instructions.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Now ... isn't it funny that most of you people on here gave this guy that broke this story a ton of :censored:.

Hmmm ... who's the lying idiot now?

Not sure, but I can tell you who's being unnecessarily belligerent, with his third post. Please endeavour not to continue this trend. Thanks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If you are going to change, why not go all the way and pick something cool and exciting instead?

Well, you know, you should trade nicknames between the Wild and Ducks. Ducks WOULD be an appropriate name for a Minnesota team. Wild is terrible. Another bad singular moniker with weird colors and font lettering. Now bring back "Fighting Saints," or better yet, "North Stars!" I only wished the Wild had tried to use "North Stars," just to watch that pirate owner in Dallas squeal! :D

what exactly makes tom hicks a pirate? :)

or are you still under the impression that norm green has anything at all to do with the franchise?

A quote from the AP:

The name change was first reported in Friday's editions of the Los Angeles Times and Orange County Register.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2308588

I don't think so. I believe the site sportslogos.net reported it first. In fact right after Chris posted the article it showed up on the google news search so this site does count as a reputable news source. I think it is time to write the AP some nasty letters

"At the same time, the research found strong support generally for preserving the history of the team in some way."

History? The team's been around for 13 years, how much history does it have? Sure, a Western Conference Championship, but pretty much lackluster years besides that. And you're named after a Disney movie. You want some history, go rent The Mighty Ducks and see how close Anaheim is to Minnesota.

Now ... isn't it funny that most of you people on here gave this guy that broke this story a ton of :censored:.

Now, I'm not going to go out and accuse anybody of anything first of all, but considering that Mr. Vicious re-registered once...I find it interesting...

Now ... isn't it funny that most of you people on here gave this guy that broke this story a ton of  :censored:.

Now, I'm not going to go out and accuse anybody of anything first of all, but considering that Mr. Vicious re-registered once...I find it interesting...

Save it for when I get the go a head to drop the logo on ya!

"At the same time, the research found strong support generally for preserving the history of the team in some way."

History? The team's been around for 13 years, how much history does it have?

Enough that a majority of the fans will be reasonably attached to the Duck theme, I'm guessing...

History? The team's been around for 13 years, how much history does it have? Sure, a Western Conference Championship, but pretty much lackluster years besides that. And you're named after a Disney movie. You want some history, go rent The Mighty Ducks and see how close Anaheim is to Minnesota.

Well, let's see...

My oldest kid is 4 and I consider that to be "history."

When you follow a team day in and day out for 13 years (even longer when you consider that we knew a team would be coming when the arena was built), I'd consider that to be a lot of history.

Did the team stink the first four years? Absolutely.

But, I don't think I identified with Petr Sykora and Sergei Fedorov any more as part of this team than I did Terry Yake and Bobby Dollas.

So, yeah, IMO, "history" is totally appropriate and that's why I think this was the best route to go.

PS: And since someone mentioned the official team message boards, I may as well add that the link there is how I found this site.

Now ... isn't it funny that most of you people on here gave this guy that broke this story a ton of  :censored:.

Save it for when I get the go a head to drop the logo on ya!

Glad to see you were proven right man. I really cant wait to see the new logo/jersey set, as long as its not too..."ahead of our time" and not too "vintage" im sure it will be a really great looking set. Can't wait to see the stuff, keep up the good work, and thanks for givin us this info. I can now brag I heard about the name change days in advance of the actual announcement.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived