New Uni Watch

BRice16

coffeetalk2.jpg

"Talk amongst yourselves."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Helmet (4 points): Seattles helmet is a unique color in sports, has a great metallic paint, and sports an almost wrap-around design. The steelers rock the carcoal flat black with the one sided logo. Close competition here. Toughness goes to Pittsburgh, but color and logo to Seattle. Push, two points each.

Jersey (4 points): Some folks still haven't forgiven the Steelers for their 1997 shift from classic block numerals to their current sleek italics, and this writer is one of them. Stuid decision. Change for no reason is bad change. The sleeve stripes are bad, but thats an NFL player-uniform-code need, not a design flaw. Seattle's team logo is so small that it's almost overshadowed by the Reebok logo, which is sloppy, but theor creative color and traditional block numbers are enough to propell it over the Steelers. Advantage: Seahawks.

Pants (3 points): Seattle's neon-green stripe is an awesome accent color, and looks tasteful in the thin width. The solid-color look in Seattle is one fo the few non-black uniforms that looks right in all one color, and for that, they are commented. The steelers look silly in their white, since they wear yellow stripes and yellow pants, they look washed out. Advantage: Steelers.

Hosiery (0 points): This is silly to attribute so many points to, and even sillier to call it that. In fact...

Socks (0 points): Both teams wear a similar look, with the texture and the white with color. Seahawks miss a chance to add a little of the lime here in a pinstripe, which is a shame. Advantage: Even.

Footwear (1 point): Black shoes beat white. Advantage: Seahawks.

Patch Compatibility (1 point): Pittsburgh will be wearing two jersey patches -- which is, let's face it, totally bogus. Advantage: Seahawks.

Coaches (1 point): In the battle of the facial hair, you have to go down to clothing and expression. Cower does exactly the opposite of his name, and even goes so far as to over-correct with his consistant scowl. Silly. Holmgren never looks flustered. Nor excited. Boring. Advantage: Neither

Our final tally: Steelers 5, Seahawks 8.

paynomind expects the game to be simliarly close, with the same victor.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Did anyone else notice a clearly biased opinion for the Steelers? I mean, how can one possibly condone the italic numbers?

I don't care what the say just as long as they don't plug the boards, keeping us down the entire day.

6uXNWAo.png

all checked in a few days ago with an extremely urgent Logo Creep Alert involving North Carolina women's basketball coach Sylvia Hatchell. Check out her jacket lapel -- jeez!

Wow, this has been going on for at least five years now. Huggins wore a pin when he was coaching the Bearcats, and I'm pretty sure Lavin wore a vector back when UCLA was with Reebok.

For some reason I thought the Seahawks were still using the wraparound logo on their sleeves like they had with their previous uniforms. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention during the playoffs. Anyway, the old sleeves were great. The new one's are terrible. Advantage Steelers just because of that.

I think we all know by now that he believes that all jerseys should have elbow-length sleeves, have no striping anywhere but the sleeves, have single-colour block numbers and letters, and have no logos on them whatsoever.

Wake me when he decides to stop living in the 60s.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The number change wasn't change for no reason. The reason for the number change was to make the uniform numbers match the helmet numbers. That's why I like them. Anything that makes a uniform's separate parts rmore cohesive is a good thing. The Steelers need to get rid of that awful sleeve striping. It's severely outdated for today's jersey cuts. How about a single gold stripe on the home sleeves, and a black-gold-black set on the aways, like Vanderbilt's jerseys.

And what's all Paul Lukas' bashing of the Seahawks' uniforms? The OLD LOGO better than the new one!? Is he insane? The green NOT a good accent to the Blue? The man is now officially nuts, and wrong. He has no appreciation for any design fundamentals; he only wants to see uniforms that were made in the 1950s.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think we all know by now that he believes that all jerseys should have elbow-length sleeves, have no striping anywhere but the sleeves, have single-colour block numbers and letters, and have no logos on them whatsoever.

Yeah right, 'cause we all know that no sleeves, shiny pants, and ridiculous piping is the way to go. If that's "progress," then count me out.

Yeah right, 'cause we all know that no sleeves, shiny pants, and ridiculous piping is the way to go. If that's "progress," then count me out.

There's such a thing as middle ground.

For example, I rather like the Seahawks' all-blue look, even though other monochromatic looks (for example, the Ravens' all-black) make me want to hurl. I also like the simplicity of the Steelers' uniforms, though my only complaint isn't that they don't use block numbers, but that the numbers are italicized. Those same rounded numbers straightened out would look so much better.

Not everything has to be futuristic. Not everything has to look like a practice jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

you know what I don't understand is why the seahawks can't make a third sticker that completes the wraparound bird heads on the helmet, why does it have to get cut off at the middle helmet bump.

Why can't they just do this?

hawks.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

you know what I don't understand is why the seahawks can't make a third sticker that completes the wraparound bird heads on the helmet, why does it have to get cut off at the middle helmet bump.

Why can't they just do this?

hawks.png

Beacause then it would be a weird two-headed bird.

Now if every team had monochromatic uni's then that'd be horrible, but if one team does it, then that's a cool unique look for them in the same sense that it's cool that the Steelers have a helmet logo on only one side.

To speak to something about the Steelers' numeral font used on their helmet for a long time, I've noticed that the same numerals are used on both the Bengals and Pitt's helmets. Just a fun fact to know and tell...

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

And don't forget that purple is strictly verboten under any circumstances -- for reasons that I have yet to see be explained. There is a reasonable and logical stance to take. :upside:

Also, don't forget that socks must have stripes.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived