NHL Trade Deadline

Cujo

With the NHL trade dealine is just a week away now (March 9), rumors are already beginning to surface.

The hot rumor right now is a potential deal between Phoenix and Edmonton that would send goalie Curtis Joseph back north to Edmonton as the Oilers (currently 8th in the west) are deparate for a solid goaltender for their late season playoff push.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another rumour that Jim Rome reported that was apparently a tentative deal was Mike Ricci, Denis Gauthier, and Sean O'Donnell going to Vancouver and Ryan Kesler, the rights to Kirill Koltsov and Vancouver's 2nd round pick in 06 going to the desert.

8prlQWA.png

As randy said, Vancouver is actively looking for a defenseman. Rumours in Montreal send Souray in Vancouver for Bertuzzi.

Story (in French)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montrรฉal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

another rumour that Jim Rome reported that was apparently a tentative deal was Mike Ricci, Denis Gauthier, and Sean O'Donnell going to Vancouver and Ryan Kesler, the rights to Kirill Koltsov and Vancouver's 2nd round pick in 06 going to the desert.

I actually don't like this trade, and the reason, Ryan Kesler is showing TONNES of improvement this year and he's a grit guy, not that Ricci isn't, but he's on the downfall of his career. I do like the potential of getting Gauthier or O'donnell though.

Here's some rumors that I have heard:

-The Kings are interested in both Brendan Witt and Roberto Luongo.

-The Habs are looking at Mark Parrish, Tyler Arnason and Mark Bell and dangaling Mike Ribiero, Richard Zednik, and Radek Bonk as trade bait.

-The Flyers and Flames are both interested in aquiring Keith Tkachuk.

-The Oilers are interested in Tyson Nash, Dallas Drake, Jim Dowd, and Tyler Wright.

-The Senators are interested in Oli Jokinen.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

ย 

ย 

I haven't read specifics, but the Blues could very easily be sending Dallas Drake and/or Eric Weinrich out. There could be others too.

Keith Tkachuk however isn't going anywhere. He's has a no-trade clause and he's reiterated now many times that he has absolutely no desire to play anywhere else. Is it possible he'll change his mind? Yes, but it doesn't sound like it. Furthermore, no matter what return they got, trading KT would probably immediatley become one of the worst trades in Blues history.

I haven't read specifics, but the Blues could very easily be sending Dallas Drake and/or Eric Weinrich out.

Apparently the Canucks are looking to trade for Eric Weinrich because we need serious help about the depth on the back end.

I haven't read specifics, but the Blues could very easily be sending Dallas Drake and/or Eric Weinrich out.

Apparently the Canucks are looking to trade for Eric Weinrich because we need serious help about our depth on the back end.

I like Weino, but he's been kind of lost this year.

The thing is, I think if a team acquires him for depth, he'll regain a lot of his old form.

As far as I can tell for most of his career Weino has been a really good 3rd or 4th defenseman.

Suddenly due to some transactions and especially due to a series of injuries we had to count on Weino to be a top 2 and only real veteran defenseman (Salvador's been here a while, I guess he's a vet too...not quite like Weino though...and Salvy's also doing awful this year).

We've had some guys recover and Weino's been a little better since.

I really think if he was picked up to be a 4th, 5th, or 6th guy he'd fill the role quite well, so if Vancouver wants him, they oughta be able to get him.

I also left out Dean McAmmond. He's very tradable as well I would guess.

And now I see that Lalime wishes to be traded if the Blues aren't going to play him, and at this point he's a rarely used backup for the Blues.

The problem with him wanting to be traded is that he cleared waivers when the Blues sent him down to Peoria after he had an awful start (numberswise...trust me bad luck and a bad team hurt him bad...and I mean BAD luck). Then, he started playing great in Peoria and the Blues recalled him. However, before he could come up he had to go through the new reentry waivers which make it so a claiming team would only have to pay half of his contract...well...nobody picked him up.

He's played a couple of times since coming up and has been fantastic...but if nobody wanted to take a chance on him for half his salary and no players...are they gonna wanna trade for him? It doesn't seem so.

I believe the guy is a great goalie who ended up with a bad situation. (I'd have handled it completely different and I wish he was still our goalie for the near future...but that's no longer his role.) He probably won't play for the Blues beyond this year. I hope for him somebody gives him a chance though. He's a darn good goalie.

Anyways, I'd say he's available, but I'm not sure anyone wants him.

How bad is Hasek hurt? Is he even still hurt? Does Ottawa want him back?

I have heard that down here in Tampa Bay that the Bolts are shopping for a defenseman but it sounds like they are willing to give draft picks in exchange.

Ive heard that Brad richards might be moved to minnesota for roloson and a either velliuex or dupuis

I haven't heard about that, got a link for it?

Will the Wild do anything with Roloson now than Manny Fernandez has been starting most of the time?

And they gave Fernandez an extension last night.

That's about all you need to know. Rolo's gone.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Here's a little more on Jokinen:

Florida's Olli Jokinen, a key member of Finland's silver-medal Olympic team, is expected to be moved after turning down a four-year, $16 million offer from the Panthers. Several Stanley Cup contenders, including the Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames and Nashville Predators, are interested.

6uXNWAo.png

From what I've been hearing, the Leafs are looking to trade the Toronto Maple Leafs and all associated personnel for a team that actually cares about winning and not their pocketbooks.

Just kidding. Fergie's gone on the record stating the untouchables are Sundin, Poni (?!), Wellwood, Steen, Kaberle, and Tucker. That leaves a LOT of questions.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Here's a little more on Jokinen:

Florida's Olli Jokinen, a key member of Finland's silver-medal Olympic team, is expected to be moved after turning down a four-year, $16 million offer from the Panthers. Several Stanley Cup contenders, including the Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames and Nashville Predators, are interested.

I've heard(from one of my friends, not sure how reliable this is) that Philly's looking into Olli as well.

Asa Flames fan--I hope we don't see Tkachuk.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more scoring, depending who we gave up.

I don't see the Canucks trading Kesler.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived