San Antonio Marlins?

RickV

Looks like Miami-Dade might propose a half cent tax increase for a year or a car rental tax this November as-well.

Although as the days pass I grow more and more pessimistic. :(

Loria and Samson are the scum of the Earth.

1997 | 2003

Now people start to beleive me. I've only been saying the same thing since 2001.

come on, does anyone really think they are scum?

saschaatkins_loria.jpgvilleray_jarry.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Now people start to beleive me. I've only been saying the same thing since 2001.

Loria is nothing but a backstabber. He said Montreal would get a new ballpark, but he went too far, and just left the city out to dry.

Don't anybody trust him.

Don't you dare try to take credit for it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

One question with San Antonio -- where would they play while a new stadium was being built? The only options would seem to be playing temporarily in a minor league stadium or staying in Miami as lame ducks. As tough as the situation is in Miami right now, neither option seems terribly attractive.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2007 in Miami, 2008 in a minor league park, I guess. Is it possible for the Marlins to get out of their lease and not even bother with 2007?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2007 in Miami, 2008 in a minor league park, I guess. Is it possible for the Marlins to get out of their lease and not even bother with 2007?

According to local reports, the earliest a new park could be finished would be 2010. Their lease runs out in 2008 I believe. The only thing I can think of is they expand the local minor league park by 10,000 seats and they play there for one or two seasons. I agree, not an attractive idea.

metslogo_215.gif

Hello, Mr. Krinkle

How are you today?

Seems the rumors are abound

Your team might move away

Now, me I'm sentimental

But, I'm not one to cry

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Jeffrey Loria is ownership sleaze. He took one team, intentionally ran it into the ground, and somehow leveraged his way into getting another team - and a loan to buy it - through his sheer ineptitude and the buffoonish fraternity of his fellow owners. And now he gets to do it all over again and ruin pro baseball for another city in the process. Carpetbagging d***weed.

If you wake up one morning and suddenly find Jeffrey Loria owns your team, you'd better start finding a new team to root for, and fast.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think that what they could conceivably do is play in the Minor League stadium for some games and play other games in Dalls or Houston or Austin or something.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I think that what they could conceivably do is play in the Minor League stadium for some games and play other games in Dalls or Houston or Austin or something.

And I'm sure the Rangers and Astros wouldn't mind another team playing in their city.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Loria is nothing but a backstabber. He said Montreal would get a new ballpark, but he went too far, and just left the city out to dry.

Don't anybody trust him.

You forgot to mention Bud Selig. He was involved in getting rid of the Expos since 1994!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

And I'm sure the Rangers and Astros wouldn't mind another team playing in their city.

Okay, good point, but maybe they could do the "more then one home field" gig that the Expos did near the end of their existance:

It could get the team Fans in surrounding areas.

The San Antonio Marlins could play:

60% of their home games (a little more then 48 games) in the Minor League stadium of San Antonio (which could be expanded by 5,000 to 10,000 seats)

20% of their home games (about 16 games) in the Baseball Stadium of the University of Texas

10% of their home games (About 8 games) in Texas A&M's Baseball stadium in College Station

5% of their home games (about 4 games) in the Dell Diamond in Round Rock, Texas (it's the home of the Astros AAA affiliate, so I'd imagine it would have to involve the Astros in some way)

5% of their home games (about 4 games) in the Baseball stadium in Corpus Christi.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Utter nonsense. If Les Expos were to be moved, surely we would have heard something by now.

Now, what's all this about the Jets moving to San Antonio?

Are there NO other cities in the US that can be rumored to be landing a team of some kind? This is really geting silly as all :censored:.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I heard that they were suggesting Monterrey, Mexico as a temporary site while they built the stadium.

And Lamicus, I'm pretty sure Peoria, Illinois isn't in the running for a major league sports team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Okay, good point, but maybe they could do the "more then one home field" gig that the Expos did near the end of their existance:

It could get the team Fans in surrounding areas.

The San Antonio Marlins could play:

60% of their home games (a little more then 48 games) in the Minor League stadium of San Antonio (which could be expanded by 5,000 to 10,000 seats)

20% of their home games (about 16 games) in the Baseball Stadium of the University of Texas

10% of their home games (About 8 games) in Texas A&M's Baseball stadium in College Station

5% of their home games (about 4 games) in the Dell Diamond in Round Rock, Texas (it's the home of the Astros AAA affiliate, so I'd imagine it would have to involve the Astros in some way)

5% of their home games (about 4 games) in the Baseball stadium in Corpus Christi.

This all over Texas caravan is a worse idea than the shaft job the Expos got with the Puerto Rico experiment.

Let's not forget that baseball players and management are, at their core, human beings. They like to ignore this sometimes with their wealth and sense of entitlement, but it's true. Most of them are human beings with families.

By this plan, they don't have a true home of their own. No more than 50 games in any one city means that for over 2/3 of the season, they're not at home (including almost half of their "home games").

And it's not like any of these cities are near "home". Austin's 80 miles, which means 90 minutes by car each way. Corpus Christi is almost 150 miles away, and College Station is almost 200 miles away - or about as far as it is from Baltimore to New York City. 3 hours, 45 minutes from San Antonio. What player is going to sign off on this as an acceptable way to work?

If I were living in one of these secondary homes, what incentive would I have to shell out cash for (crappy) Marlins baseball when the team's never coming back again? I could watch a college powerhouse like UT play other schools like Baylor for a fraction of the cost, and they're not leaving any time soon once they get a new stadium built.

No one wins with this arrangement. The players are vagabonds, and the fans in those markets likely won't raise an eyebrow to watch.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

<_< I've also read the San Antonio temp ballpark plan is Monterrey MX, much like OKC hosting the NBA Hornets to finagle a franchise. Que viva beisbol Mexico! I feel for ya BlueFish Fans; you DO have 2 WS wins to enjoy. Q: Why can't even ONE MLB team make in in FLA? A: There's presently no retractoroof baseall park in FLA? I hates ta bring up the "C" contraction word, but . . . it seems there's a finite # of N. American cities that can host an MLB team, a few present MLB cities included. Especially if MLB is hands - off on Las Vegas as a franchise site, which would be GREAT, if anyon'd like me to keep a' rantin' about THAT. :therock: Guess it's tough making folks fork up the $ for 81 count 'em games a year.

Keep the faith FishFans!

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Archived