It's Official, Rays considering name change

TBGKon

Below the poll is a link to the Rays blog and you can even suggest a new team name.  Who knows, maybe team officials will see your idea and implement it.

Then again, they could be just putting up a smoke-screen and pretending to want input from fans on a name...

...because they wouldn't have picked a new name, logo and uniforms already if they were opening this to the public, would they?

B)

I hate the fact that you have info that you cant tell us. I only wish I could have the same sources.

If only there was a place you could share it where the public couldn't see it!

IF ONLY!

(you're killin us don :) )

....but where, WHERE, WHERE would such a place exist?

<cough> via PM <cough>

I tried prying it out of him via PM a week ago. He ain't budgin'.

nav-logo.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That picture of Jamie Foxx didn't mean anything...I was just being silly.

I've heard from more than one source what the new name will be, and that there are already colors picked out.

I haven't seen anything myself; it's just what I've heard. And since the MLB knows about this board (!), I really can't talk.

I've heard from more than one source what the new name will be, and that there are already colors picked out.

I haven't seen anything myself; it's just what I've heard. And since the MLB knows about this board (!), I really can't talk.

That reminds me I have to say I hi to Bud. :D

it says no team has changed names without moving since the colt .45's but doesn't anyone remember the whole California - Anaheim - L.A. of Anaheim Angels mess the past few years

I don't think that's quite the same thing.

If nothing else, no team has changed nicknames without moving since the Colt .45s became the Astros.

Bullets---->Wizards

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

it says no team has changed names without moving since the colt .45's but doesn't anyone remember the whole California - Anaheim - L.A. of Anaheim Angels mess the past few years

I don't think that's quite the same thing.

If nothing else, no team has changed nicknames without moving since the Colt .45s became the Astros.

Bullets---->Wizards

I started to post the same thing, but the article limits it to baseball teams.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Alright, Alright I'll spill the beans Just so MLB knows I did not get this information from Pantone. I got it on my own asking around here in Tampa.

With that said the picture of Jamie Foxx did mean something. However they are not changing their name to Rays. They will be changing it to

The TAMPA BAY FOXES

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Seriously.

Ok...

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Below the poll is a link to the Rays blog and you can even suggest a new team name.  Who knows, maybe team officials will see your idea and implement it.

Then again, they could be just putting up a smoke-screen and pretending to want input from fans on a name...

...because they wouldn't have picked a new name, logo and uniforms already if they were opening this to the public, would they?

B)

I hate the fact that you have info that you cant tell us. I only wish I could have the same sources.

If only there was a place you could share it where the public couldn't see it!

IF ONLY!

(you're killin us don :) )

....but where, WHERE, WHERE would such a place exist?

If such a place exists, i sure hope i'm there for the fun.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The concourse walls, formerly green, white and exposed cement, now glow with warm burgundy, lime, purple and pacific blue hues. The bathrooms were brightened with paint, a grid ceiling, and a new lighting system, countertops and tile floors.

I know that paint is cheap and easily applied, but think that these are the colors that they have in mind?

Pantone??? Anyone? Anyone?

What we need here is a sports logo "psychic" who posts his/her visions as to what the new logos, colors, uniforms, etc. are going to be.

OR

Pantone could just create a new user name, use a proxy server to cover his tracks, and play the role of the psychic. After all, Pantone is being stripped of his reputation as a resource if he knows all but says nothing. :P

***This is posted in good fun. But seriously, being a logo dick tease is irritating. Why say anything if you cannot share anything?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

What we need here is a sports logo "psychic" who posts his/her visions as to what the new logos, colors, uniforms, etc. are going to be.

OR

Pantone could just create a new user name, use a proxy server to cover his tracks, and play the role of the psychic. After all, Pantone is being stripped of his reputation as a resource if he knows all but says nothing. :P

***This is posted in good fun. But seriously, being a logo dick tease is irritating. Why say anything if you cannot share anything?

And people getting bent out of shape because he can't reveal his sources is getting old also. Would you rather be completely out of the loop?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

OR

Pantone could just create a new user name, use a proxy server to cover his tracks, and play the role of the psychic.  After all, Pantone is being stripped of his reputation as a resource if he knows all but says nothing.  :P

***This is posted in good fun.  But seriously, being a logo dick tease is irritating.  Why say anything if you cannot share anything?

And people getting bent out of shape because he can't reveal his sources is getting old also. Would you rather be completely out of the loop?

Hey guy, the point is Pantone doesn't reveal anything. So you're not losing out anyway. There's no denying that the color information is solid. But having people speculate as to what a logo is and having him say 'maybe' isn't helpful in the least.

So tell me, if Pantone says he can't comment on something, how exactly are you being kept in the loop?

And BTW, if Pantone did reveal his sources, he wouldn't have to be bothered at all. Apparently, I'm missing how Pantone saying I know, but I'm not telling helps. More power to Pantone for having sources to this information. But if you can't say anything, why bother telling others you know? Is it just to feel self important?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived