Twins Wearing New Alts

pittfan11

I don't like it one bit. It just looks strange...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i'm not a big fan of vests...but what i REALLY dont like is Batista and his back pocket hanging out. constantly. on opening day, i thought it was just an accident, but the next few games it was out as usual..and starting to annoy me.

is there a story behind this at all, or am i the only one to notice it? :blink:

qvAvG.jpg

These are simply the most unnecessary alts ever created.

They're not ugly, horrendous or otherwise. Just unnecessary.

The clubhouse manager probably has to spend the night sewing the sleeves back on before tomorrow's game.

i'm not a big fan of vests...but what i REALLY dont like is Batista and his back pocket hanging out. constantly. on opening day, i thought it was just an accident, but the next few games it was out as usual..and starting to annoy me.

is there a story behind this at all, or am i the only one to notice it? :blink:

I don't know about him specifically but I do remember something about showing the kids that they don't use tobacco by keeping the back pocket out. It was popular a few years ago.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The vest idea is OK by me, but why oh why do they look exactly the same as the home jerseys?

That's what makes this so dumb. They should have gone with the TC logo or the classic script or something to make them different from the normal home jerseys. A real missed opportunity.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

hahaha :P

Tony Batista is now number 77 - only to compliment his signature dance routine at the plate and his extremely exaggerated golf swing.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

ok so i can see twins fans feel the same way i do. Completely effortless and pointless. Who wouldnt just buy a replica jersey on sale and cut off the sleeves? I mean you could use the tc logo with some piping (but would look exactly like the indians alt.) You could do something without pinstripes, you could even bring back the red "dairy queen" jerseys, and make them sleeveless. Anything but this.

Its just dumb.

Is there no Puckett tribute on the vests?

Right shoulder

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the vests in certain situations.

This is not one of them.

I understand why the Rangers and Angels have vests - it is really hot in Texas and California. My White Sox have vests, and anyone who has been to Chicago knows that the summers can be as brutal as anywhere. Vests are cooler than the regular jerseys because there are no extra sleeves, and the a nice breeze can go through the arm holes.

However, the Twins PLAY IN A DOME! Duh! Just like the D-Rays' jerseys, these are completely unnecessary. Are these alts for days when the dome is a balmy 75 degrees instead of 72? What a joke.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That just looks lazy. Seriously. They could've brought back the red alternate I know and love, or just used the blue alternate. This is just like "Let's make a sleeveless jersey??? Who cares why!!!"

Lame. <_<

Archived