The NFL Draft

logodawg

The draft isn't til what, next week right? And I already to bitch slap everyone at ESPN.

They go on and on and on, and it's all over the top 10 picks if that. Hell ESPN has had a NFL Draft special for the last week at least and it's all the same crap

Reggie Bush is going #1, are the Texans coolling off on Bush? The Texans are really going to pick Young, no they're going to pick Matt. Mix order and change the talking heads every once and awhile and boom you have a NFL Draft Special.

Anybody esle feel the same?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I dont get ESPN, but Im not sick of it, I cant wait. I love the Draft, most exciting Sporting Event involving no sports what so ever.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

my only question is why doesnt the nhl get this type of draft coverage on ESPN?

Probably because the NHL doesn't have a contract with ESPN so they don't have a reason to plug it endlessly like they do with the NFL.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

even when they did espn didn't cover the NHL draft as much they are for the NFL.

It all comes down these reasons:

1. NFL is more tv popular and than the NHL especially on ESPN.

2. ESPN doesn't have anywhere smart as I am when it comes to the NHL draft.

spacer.png

The NFL Draft on ESPN has been overkill this year its ridiculous nightly preivew shows. I like the team previews on Sportscenter but you dont need nightly preovew for a month.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I can't watch ESPN right now. The pre-draft hype and pre-hype hype and the endless coverage is completely overboard. STFU ESPN.

And yet some people will continue to watch, as we are all a nation of lemmings.

BTW, on DBSForums.com there is a thread about this subject and one of the posts to that particular thread say's it's better programming than the NBA or Baseball. True Story, go look it up if you must.

[gets on soapbox]Oh, and I'm just as sick as all of you are of this coverage too. Come on Rupert, come on Time Warner and yes, come on Communistcast, form a new network to go at ESPN's throat.[/gets off soapbox]

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

My question to all is: Are there draft parties held for NHL, MLB, NBA, etc. like fans have for the NFL?

The fact is the NFL draft has helped make football a year-long sport. College football has a strong following, and anyone drafted has a serious chance of making an immediate impact. Basketball season is too long and the draft is too short, so the interest just isn't there. MLB draft is too long and immediate results from those drafted is a long shot. And the NHL alienates the casual fan with too many European players with the bizarre names, hence crippling any chance of building interest.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The only way you can get me to watch anything draft-related is if you can guarantee me that, at some point during the given program, Mel Kiper Jr. will be unceremoniously pistol-whipped. Here's a guy who probably pulls down 50x what I do by providing year-round overanalaysis of a 2-day event. It's akin to a weatherman who goes on every night and gives you the forecast for only one weekend in April, no matter what time of year it is. Sure, he really knows that weekend, but you really don't give a flying flip about it most of the year - and there's still no guarantee he's going to be right.

The fact that the NFL has become a year-round sport despite having pro sports' shortest schedule reminds me of a headline I saw in The Brushback a little while back: "NFL Fans Beg League For A Couple Of Months Off."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

personally im tired of hearing all the things associated with this years nfl draft...

should the texans trade, titans are taking vince young..etc...etc...etc...

just get it over with already!!!!!

i swear this is like the first draft i can remember that had so much coverage/exposure in a long while...they are hyping this thing majorly!!!!!

not saying that the players arent great players...but how many times do we really need to hear how great reggie bush is..or lienart...etc

- joey

It really is getting annoying. It's all they talk about on espn, besides that steroid taking jerk-off Barry Bonds. I don't really watch all that much of the NFL Draft anyway. Just the first few picks because they are the most hyped up and I usually wait to see who the Browns draft and every year I don't have to wait too long for that because they usually don't know what their doing. But I'm really starting to get sick of the NFL Draft.

I love the draft in NFL and NHL but this is the year i remember theres more coverage over the NLF draft more. Where was this hard-on for the NFL draft last season? its just cause Bush, Leinart, and Young in the draft thats the only reason if it were another Smith and Rodgers draft they would'nt have near as much.

Im not as interested in the draft this yr because none of my college team's players are in it the draft at all.

spacer.png

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi....1.exclude.html

Seems like a lot of Colts and Bengals on this list. Bears too.

Gotta love SI...

On the page about Akili Smith

Tedford-coached quaterbacks -- Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller -- haven't had much NFL success

Yes, a Super Bowl ring as a starting QB, and a reputation as a superb tutor of young QBs isn't much success on the NFL level. :rolleyes:

In addition, I don't think you can call Joey Harrington a bust just yet. Considering the offensive line in front of him, and the front office in charge there, he gets a pass for his tenure in Detroit. However, if he tanks it somewhere else, then I'll be glad to agree with the bust moniker. Besides, where's Ricky Williams on the list? Ask Tom Benson if it was worth trading an entire draft plus for him...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm sick of the pointless speculation that this team will pick this player, this team will pick that player. Who cares? in the end, teams make their own decision regarding which player best fits a team's need. You don't need a month long coverage of the draft, and overemphasizing on combines and some stupid wonderlic test instead of actual on field abilities. For example, people were actually speculating that Vince Young is not gonna be picked in the top 10...WHAT? Come on, Rose Bowl? hello? Heisman runner-up season? hello? Instead of covering the draft, cover something that matters. MLB season, NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs. It's not like there's nothing going on in sports at this moment. In my opinion, the draft has higher impact in the NBA and the NHL. I don't remember seeing as much NBA draft coverage during the year LeBron, Carmello and Dwayne Wade were drafted.

Archived