Rejected/Unused Logos

impulsive106

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got some Trailblazer stuff I've posted before. Some of the new folks might like a glance at it.

Let me dig it out.

Try these: circa 1998-99

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/blazers2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/blazers1.jpg

I'm one of those posters. Those are great, but understandable as to why they weren't used.

Here's more NCAA:

North Carolina Central University Proposed Logos

eagle2.gifeagle3.gif

^The best ones IMO...sadly they went with these instead:

http://www.nccu.edu/campus/athletics/5logoslr.jpg :mad:

Mount St. Mary's University Proposed Logos

180279.jpeg

As the link indicates, these were to be voted on, but I haven't seen any of them anywhere, so I guess MSM opted to stay the same.

IndyColts6.GIF

Just some interesting ones .

I know the first one, but teams where going to use those last 3 logos ???

The third one (colts logo) was never thought to be used by the team. Union Federal Bank which is a major sponsor and has naming rights to the practice facility used this logo for a while. There must be a liscencing issue about using the horseshoe on their stuff. I know my UFB "Hometown Blue" Checking Card has a horse silloutte on it instead.

Maybe someone else from the indy area knows more about this logo.

Hope that helps...

-dwboiler

IndyColts6.GIF

Just some interesting ones .

I know the first one, but teams where going to use those last 3 logos ???

The third one (colts logo) was never thought to be used by the team. Union Federal Bank which is a major sponsor and has naming rights to the practice facility used this logo for a while. There must be a liscencing issue about using the horseshoe on their stuff. I know my UFB "Hometown Blue" Checking Card has a horse silloutte on it instead.

Maybe someone else from the indy area knows more about this logo.

Hope that helps...

-dwboiler

It was used by the Colts for advertising a couple years back. It was classified as an alternate, it just never made its way on the field or uniforms and was dismissed after a couple years.

that Tennessee Oilers logo you posted was used, under the left shoulder on the front of their whites (they never wore the blues that year, sadly)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Nuggets logos were designed by a guy that used to run the NBA Design Group.

His name is Tom O'Grady. He showed these to us in a Sports + Design class he lectured at Columbia College like 2 years ago. I am a grad student in Graphic Design in Chicago (Go UIC) and remember his work. He has a firm here now called Gameplan. He was a pretty cool guest.

He also showed us some really cool stuff he did for the Bobcats and the Cavaliers too...

Fred Gehrke

that Tennessee Oilers logo you posted was used, under the left shoulder on the front of their whites (they never wore the blues that year, sadly)

Anybody knoww hy the hell they didn't wear those blues? They were awesome. One of the best NFL jerseys all time. Did they wear that Oilers logo for the second (and last) year they were known as the Tennessee Oilers?

Oh yeah, I saw the Blazers stuff at the same class. O'Grady said the Nike Team Sports group worked on these for the NBA Design Group and some guy named Rodney Richardman did the primary logo design. I think they presented them to the Blazers owner, Paul Aaron (or something like that)...

He said the NBA used to commission different designers based on the marketing and branding direction of the team and then would do all kind of focus groups and stuff.

I remember Mr. O'Grady saying that usually the best stuff never was approved because by the time it went through all the approvals both team and league that the final direction was usually a very much watered down creation of the original idea...

That kinda sucks...

Fred Gehrke

SanFrancisco49ers69.GIF

ArizonaCardinals4.GIF

ChicagoBears51.GIF

TennesseeOilers98.GIF

LABuccaneers26c.GIF

Thta Cardinals logo, which is officially the most stolen concept ever, is actually a piece of art done by Nitroseed, a former regular around here.

Never was submitted to, or considered by, the Cardinals.

EDIT: Wilson beat me to the punch.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Oh yeah, I saw the Blazers stuff at the same class. O'Grady said the Nike Team Sports group worked on these for the NBA Design Group and some guy named Rodney Richardman did the primary logo design. I think they presented them to the Blazers owner, Paul Aaron (or something like that)...

He said the NBA used to commission different designers based on the marketing and branding direction of the team and then would do all kind of focus groups and stuff.

I remember Mr. O'Grady saying that usually the best stuff never was approved because by the time it went through all the approvals both team and league that the final direction was usually a very much watered down creation of the original idea...

That kinda sucks...

I'm not sure, but I think you may mean Rodney Richardson, who now owns RARE Design.

The Nuggets logos were designed by a guy that used to run the NBA Design Group.

His name is Tom O'Grady. He showed these to us in a Sports + Design class he lectured at Columbia College like 2 years ago. I am a grad student in Graphic Design in Chicago (Go UIC) and remember his work. He has a firm here now called Gameplan. He was a pretty cool guest.

He also showed us some really cool stuff he did for the Bobcats and the Cavaliers too...

Funny, he's a complete jerk elsewhere...

(search the board for bricknivy)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived