An interesting find.

Mings

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pretty good, got a good kick out of it. Poor Tom can't play God and be almighty to people. Baby want some cheese to go with that wine?

If a company is going to be stupid enough to not keep their designs under wraps and people find ou t about it, how is it our fault? It's not like we're sneaking into the offices and stealing the drawing off the wall. Like the Coyotes logo. the Video Game company let it slip, people were just quick enough to pick up on their mistake

Poor Tom, it must be a sad, sad existance to let an internet message board consume you so much

Apparently I started my site because I'm a wannabe logo designer... good to know.

I actually started my site because I wanted to be a professional web designer... and now I am, so... yeah... do I really need to respond to this?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

What a fantastic advertisement for this site.

I take it the man has someone edit his stuff before it gets released, it was difficult to follow with all the spelling and gramatical errors, however, this self important little man makes some very good points:

1. If you want to find out what's going on, get on to the Sportslogo forum and

2. For those people who are interested in spending "countless hours debating the merit of good or bad logo and uniforms in professional, college and minor league sports" they'd do no better than to register and contribute.

I would like to know where he got the quote that we here are an "authoritative body". Or did he make that quote up?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Wow. I'm surprised, and yet I'm not.

I feel bad for those that work for his firm, knowing that one of the most callous, jealous pricks is the image that is projected to all the clients. Maybe now the NBA, MLS, etc. will see him for who he truly is, and think twice about sending business in that direction.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I am sorry that he feel this way. Thankfully, auto execs are not like this, or Car and Driver and Motor Trend would not exist and show "spy" photos of new models.

I think the moral could be, "If you are a blogger, make sure you write about something that interest the public." I say this since none of his posts had comments (sadly, I took the time and bandwidth to check them all). We could probably flood him with feedback, and nasty comments, but it would only give him false sense of success.

NOTE: While Generation X, I am a not a loghead. Maybe those of you who are Gen Y could be.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. It sounds like he definitely has some issues that need to be worked out. There is probably only one thing that would cause a middle-aged man to become so consumed with an internet message board, his wife probably left him.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. It sounds like he definitely has some issues that need to be worked out. There is probably only one thing that would cause a middle-aged man to become so consumed with an internet message board, his wife probably left him.

O'Grady = JamesCraven?

Makes ya think.

---

Chris Creamer

Well that was good for a chuckle or two.

Seriously, though, there is nothing wrong with what is done here. If a logo's in the public domain, then it is in the public domain. If the team is foolish enough to register the logo and name with the uspto well in advance of the official announcement and it ends up getting discovered, well its the team's own fault. Anything on the uspto website is also in the public domain.

Also, if the "Bobcats" were really a part of this tremendous shell game, I think the real losers are the basketball fans in Charlotte. :wacko:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

my favorite line

"But unlike paid professional reviewers such as Ebert & Roper, who actually have experience making films, (Roger Ebert I believe helped produce The Valley of the Dolls)," What great evidence to back up a point lol.

The only thing we are doing by reading this is being the ONLY hits to his website.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Recent Donors:

Andy Gronneberg - $17

Christopher Griffen - $3

SingerNet - $27

Thomas O'Grady - $50

Anthony Memme - $10

Now I see why he is so mad.....He gave ya 50 bucks and you banned him. :D

Recent Donors:

Andy Gronneberg - $17

Christopher Griffen - $3

SingerNet - $27

Thomas O'Grady - $50

Anthony Memme - $10

He donated after I banned him... that's what professionals do, after they're punished for their behaviour they slip the officer a little cash.

Hope you're paying attention wannabe designers.

---

Chris Creamer

Recent Donors:

Andy Gronneberg - $17

Christopher Griffen - $3

SingerNet - $27

Thomas O'Grady - $50

Anthony Memme - $10

EDIT: CC beat me to it. Maybe it was a donation to try and save our souls from Logo Design purgatory. That 50 bucks pretty much invalidates his entire rant

I would just like to point out that I for one am in the sports industry(front office of a team) and have worked with two organizations that have undergone branding and identity changes, I don't know how he gets off assuming every poster on here is a 14 year old creating fantasy league logos or something. . .

fade.gif

Recent Donors:

Andy Gronneberg - $17

Christopher Griffen - $3

SingerNet - $27

Thomas O'Grady - $50

Anthony Memme - $10

EDIT: CC beat me to it. Maybe it was a donation to try and save our souls from Logo Design purgatory. That 50 bucks pretty much invalidates his entire rant

Looks like Tommy Boy was trying to bribe you Chris, thanks for not giving in to the bribe. :D

my favorite line

"But unlike paid professional reviewers such as Ebert & Roper, who actually have experience making films, (Roger Ebert I believe helped produce The Valley of the Dolls),"  What great evidence to back up a point lol.

The only thing we are doing by reading this is being the ONLY hits to his website.

Funny, I noticed that one as well. He "believes"? :blink:

Come on, lad. Actual research won't hurt you - and if you're trying to make a point, it's well worth the three minutes to be able to sound as though you actually know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

And Ebert was a writer, not a producer. And it was "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls". Similar names, big difference.

Aww... It sounds like some widdle man needs his Depends changed...

'Coz all I hear is pissing & moaning.

Is there any way we can have him double-secret banned too? :banned:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Recent Donors:

Andy Gronneberg - $17

Christopher Griffen - $3

SingerNet - $27

Thomas O'Grady - $50

Anthony Memme - $10

He donated after I banned him... that's what professionals do, after they're punished for their behaviour they slip the officer a little cash.

Hope you're paying attention wannabe designers.

There's a section on the blog for Comments.

Please, please, please Chris.

Just a small note.

Maybe even just a link to the Donations thread.

PS I'm nearly 40, and an Aussie Rules historian and fan of North American sports who runs his own marketing business.

Does this qualify me as a 20-something designer wannabee?

(It would be nice to be 20-something again.)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I have no clue where anyone can gather that there is some kind of collective Hollier than thou attitude around here. I think the praise for the professional designs of the major leagues far outnumbers the ridicule. I know alot of people have disliked gamplan's logos (ex: bobcats) but there has been plenty of praise for the other versions of the Charlotte Basketball teams logos. Also there was quite a bit of praise for the recently release MLS all star game logo, also created by Gameplan Creative. Its like I've always said about the fairer sex (and this could apply alot here). Personallity can make up for someone's appearence, but it can also take away from it too. The ridicule that came out against Gameplan Creative around here was based only on his attitude around here. To the best of my knowledge, the Bobcats logo is the only Gameplan creation that recieved ridicule before Mr. O'Grady came to the boards.

I have been in the design business long enough to realize that sometimes, the client has no clue what they are talking about. I rarely blame a designer for a bad logo. For the most part its always on the head of the person paying the bill. Its not to say you don't have to be skilled to have a good logo. I wish we could have found out, but I'm betting that's got a little bit to do with the Bobcats logo that recieves so much ridicule. I also know that if you designed something, publicly you will stick by it to the end. Its only your closest friends and coworkers that you say "This sucks, I can't believe they made me do _______."

The search for leaks to me, is not a "lookie what I found...I'm so cool!" Its, we enjoy design, we enjoy sports. We are so excited for unveilings that we search to try to find stuff as soon as possible. We are fans. We want to know as much as we can. there are some bad apples, but there are bad apples in everything.

I'd love to break into the sports design business. I've had my share of experiences thus far in that realm some large, some small. I jsut really wish that Mr. O'Grady would have been more civil towards the boards so we could have learned some of the inner workings of how it all goes down. He would have been a great asset to the boards, just as the other pros on the boards are. Unfortunatly it hasn't worked out that way.

Archived