Uniform Numbers

Moser316

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sophmore year of football i wore 31. Then this year i switched to 13 and next year im gonna go with 12 in honor of Randall Cunningham. In Rugby your numbers are assigned by position and i usually play flyhalf #10, Fullback #15 or scrum half #9.

I wore number 5 in football in honor of my dad. He was number 5 in college. My second choice was 86, because 8+6=14 and 1+4=5.

For basketball, I wore 55. I think I wore 32 in track, but I'm not sure.

In 4th grade on the football team I wore number 2, because thats what i was assigned, btw i played safety and left guard - odd combination of positions

In basketball i wore 3 most of the time, cuz thats all i shoot anymore, 3-pointers

Fresman year someone else wanted 3 so i settled for 51, and i got 3 back this year

Im thinkin of switchin numbers now because i keep seein alot of people wearing number 3 and i want to be different, prolly number 12, 15, or 35 next year

On my softball team this summer idk what number i might pick

either 6, 11, 12, or 63

When I played baseball in high school, I played first base and was 17 after my favorite player on the Cubs, Mark Grace. I had that number for all four years. Freshman and sophomore years of high school basketball, I wore 53 for no particular reason, just what I was given.

Playing baseball in college, I am now 47, because 17 was taken. I didn't switch after my freshman year, because it wasn't a big deal and 17 isn't really a pitcher's number anyways. Whenever anyone asks why I have 47, I say it is for Scott Eyre (who I am watching pitch for the Cubs right now.)

Playing baseball in college, I am now 47, because 17 was taken. I didn't switch after my freshman year, because it wasn't a big deal and 17 isn't really a pitcher's number anyways. Whenever anyone asks why I have 47, I say it is for Scott Eyre (who I am watching pitch for the Cubs right now.)

When I think of a pitcher who wears #47, only two pitchers come to mind: Tom Glavine, and former Red Sox Bruce Hurst.

When I played softball, I was given #29, and I wore that for 3 seasons.

I wore it again when I started playing hockey, but after one season I switched to #22 (I liked Claude Lemiuex. Honestly. A Bruins fan who liked Claude Lemieux).

Neither is my favorite number. That is 77.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I haven't often had a number--but I've tended to favout 23, 12, & 27.

(#23 --I like the number & it looks great on jerseys--an aesthetic choice.

#12--Yvan Cournyer & later- Hakan Loob)

#27--Darryl Sittler & Gilles Meloche.

I was never a Leafs fan--but I like Sittler.)

These days I might pick 42.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

9, 15, 60, and 74...with 15 being "my" number, as you can see in my username.

First year of organized basketball (5th grade) I picked #9...not sure why.

I wanted to get #9 when I started playing football in 5th grade, but it was taken, and I was given a random number: 15.

15 became my number for every sport (football 5th-7th grade, basketball 6th-12th grade, baseball/softball 7th-11th grade) after that...with the exception of one season of softball where all the jersey numbers were above 50...I picked 60 because it was a multiple of 15.

74 for intramural basketball this year, one of my teammates reckoned he wanted 15 and wrote it on his shirt before me, so I just picked the most awkward, random number ever to clusterfluff :D the refs.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Baseball: 11

It's Brian Harper's number and it can be easily read with the strap from the catcher's chest protector running between the digits.

Hockey: 11

Ice and Roller. Same as Baseball.

Soccer: 11

I like 11, OK?

Football: 30

11 was our QB's number and I was a cornerback. I would have chopped it in half but the number 1 is for hockey goalies and jagoffs.

I remember wearing the #10 and 16 during youth soccer, and - for at least one season - #5 for little league.

in high-school and college rugby I usually ended up with either the position's true number or whichever XXL jersey I could get my hands on - so 1, 3, 4, 5, or 16 or 20 (the big extra jerseys we had).

if I play sports with a number now? 5 or 20. those are also what I try and use when I play games where I get to select the number (racing online, creating myself in sports games, etc.). #5 in Winning Eleven 9 and racing online, #20 in online motorcycle racing :)

harperdc.gif

Little League #7

Baseball Jr. High #2 and #7 -- Babe Ruth Team 2 and School team 7

Highschool JV #26, then varisty I was #8. I swore never to wear 8 again and have not since, bad experience. Summer teams I wore #2.

College #14. 2 and 7 were taken and 2 x 7 is 14! Plus Pete Rose wore it.

Softball, #2. One year I wore #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson, then back to #2. Now I am retired after 15 years of Softball, and my knees finally went.

Soccer through highschool

Started with 7, but had 8, and 26 by the time was done.

Coaching Baseball now I wear 73, my wife's birth year. I did this mainly so the kids can get the numbers they like, I am just a Coach. Plus my birth year is not very tasteful if you consider kids are around.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

only number i ever wore is #2.

from rec-league hockey, to video game fantasy land, all the way back to elementary school "field day", when we made our own team tshirts.

originally in honor of derian hatcher.

now i just wear it, because i'm #2.

Started off as a Varsity QB and wore 4. Lifted and got huge that off season and moved to FB, my old jersey wouldnt fit anymore so I took 44. Also wore that number in both Varsity and Legion baseball. Then played college football and 44 was already doubled up, so I first again took 4. When we got new uni's for some reason they changed my number to 40.

Even through the darkest days....this fire burns...always

EAGLEZZZZ.png

High School Volleyball #6

College Volleyball #12

Both for my birthday. 12-6

Multiply the month (12) and the date (6) = the year I was born (72)

I have yet to find a student in my 9 years of teaching that can do this.

High School Volleyball #6

College Volleyball #12

Both for my birthday. 12-6

In all my 34 years, I never realized I can do the same thing.

Birthday/month = 4/18

Birth year = 72

4 x 18 = 72

:)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

High School Volleyball  #6

College Volleyball #12

Both for my birthday.  12-6

In all my 34 years, I never realized I can do the same thing.

Birthday/month = 4/18

Birth year = 72

4 x 18 = 72

:)

I finally found someone! I figured that at least one person on this board would be able to do it.

Archived