Uniform Numbers

Moser316

I play baseball. I currently am spending most time at third base. My number is 24. I chose the number because two of my favorite baseball players where it. (Grady Sizemore, Manny Ramirez)

In the past my numbers have been,

12, 1, 4, 13

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I love this board. No one I know would appreciate this topic but you guys!

I have group of favorite numbers, mostly seen on the sides of really cool race cars when I was growing up.

#7 - Neal Broten

#9 - Former Minnesota Fighting Saint George Morrison, my first favorite player

#16 - the late Stefan Bellof in Formula 2 racing and Brett Hull

#19 - Johnny Unitas

#27 - the late Gilles Villenuve in Formula 1 racing

#30 - my birthdate

And my all-time favorite;

#71 - just really liked this one car at a Can-Am race when I was younger. The car was my favorite color blue and the font was really cool one and it was drop shadowed as well. It just struck me as perfect at the time.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1977...7-10-16-lh5.jpg

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1977...-08-21c-077.jpg

Not worn my many famous athletes, but Ilya Kovalchuk did wear it in Russia before playing in the NHL. Still uses it when playing on the Russian National team.

Sebastian Bordeleau wore it briefly when playing for the Minnesota Wild and it was my first choice when I bought a game-worn jersey but they didn't have it available.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

My past 4 seasons Ive had a differant # in hockey (the only sport i play) and well:

2005-2006: #10 (Marian Gaborik and my first ever jersey i wore when I was 4yrs old was 10)

2004-2005: #14 (Timmy Chang wore this number at University of Hawai'i)

2003-2004: #67 (I don't know why I love this number its just differant and It looks good.

2002-2003: #4 (Vincent LeCavalier. This season was my most top point season with 100points in 52games)

But all during high school season I played as #10 and one game as #6... I was awesome with #10...horrible with #6 so I stuck with 10. This season I was 10 and lead the team in points so next season Im already scheduled in as #10 and ill forever be #10.

spacer.png

I always wore 7 in hockey but one year i wore 9. This year 7 wasn't avalible so I took 27 but for some reason they gave me 10.

When i played basketball i was #4 for a year or two, #12 for another year, #4 for a game, it didn't well...then #10 for 6months and then #55 since 2000...which is the highest possible number in Australia....

for footy we usually go to number 24 but cos a player died, they retired his number and i got the new #25....the highest in the team and highest in the club, but now #25 jumpers are being given out everywhere, my bro got #25, my jumper from last year...

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The main sport I played that had numbers was footy. (Aussie Rules)

I was number 7 all through my junior years, then 58 in one season in seniors.

I was going to be given a lower number the next year, but I hurt my knee during the pre-season and gave it away before playing again.

I did play a season of basketball, which I don't even like, and I wore 7 in that too.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

3 for hockey because my number 29 was cut for a goalie. 4 in baseball because a kid ahead of me alphabetically took 3 and one of our coaches took 29. Why do coaches need numbers anyways? Like they are all of a sudden going to insert themselves into the lineup.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For basketball, the first number I was originally given was No. 5 back in elementary school, which I just thought was a solid number and stuck with for a couple of years. Then, when we all graduated to the next higher league in 7th grade, I missed jersey day and was stuck with No. 24. I wore that for the next two years before the high school years, where I took No. 2, if only because No. 24 was gone and I wanted some kind of continuity. For my senior year, I planned to do something ridiculous and make some silly basketball number using all of my 5s and 2s (something in the 50s, perhaps), but I actually found a jersey with No. 43 and took that because it was so odd.

As for volleyball, I wore No. 10. It's simple - I figured for a sport I'd never played before and somehow made the team, I'd need double the luck to succeed ... it didn't work.

High School Volleyball #6

College Volleyball #12

Both for my birthday. 12-6

Multiply the month (12) and the date (6) = the year I was born (72)

I have yet to find a student in my 9 years of teaching that can do this.

I can't do that, but my father can (born 10 April 1940), which I always thought was cool.

My numbers:

- started with #11 (born in November, and I share a b-day with Dwight Gooden; he went with #16, so I took the month), couldn't get it by junior high, went up to #12 for all sports*. Couldn't get #12 for HS basketball, so 1+2 = #3. Had #85 for one year HS football as a WR, then got #12. Couldn't get #12 for hockey, took #17 instead.

* wore #1 as a (non-jagoff) goalie through college.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived