Uniform Numbers

Moser316

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baseball -- 10 (wanted 14, but someone else had dibs on it...other number I wantes was 4, but it was waaaaay too small :lol: )

Soccer -- 18

Dekhockey -- 22

Video games -- either 75 (birth year) or 58 (birth date (5/8) ).

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Whenever possible, I'm number 10...if not, then 21 (I was born on June 21). I'm number 10 in wiffleball, flag football, and baseball. I absolutely refuse to wear a single digit number. Just superstition.

I always try for the number 3, as my date of birth, month, date, year, day of the week* and zodiac sign are all multiples of 3.

* if you count Sunday as day 1 of the week, in which case Friday, the day of the week I was born is day 6.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I've always had a liking for #21. I have a personalized Mighty Ducks jersey with EPP - 21 on the back, and it was my high school baseball number as well.

Can't say I really have a reason though.

My number of choice was always number 7 because my older cousin wore it when he played baseball and when i started playing i wanted to be just like him.

I wore 7 for most of little league and in high school, a couple of years i wore 9 when 7 was already taken.

my last year of summer and fall ball i got stuck with 10 and was not very happy about it, for some reason i always had a liking for the single digits. Oh well i got over the number thing and decided wearing 10 wasnt so bad, change is good right?

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Whenever possible, I'm number 10...if not, then 21 (I was born on June 21). I'm number 10 in wiffleball, flag football, and baseball. I absolutely refuse to wear a single digit number. Just superstition.

i've got no superstitions, but i hate double digit numbers on me...

they feel awkward on my back, sometimes. if it's stitched on, it's definately strange.

also, double digits usually make the name jones look tiny to me, for some reason :)

My softball team stopped doing special numbers this season, but I ended up with the number I would have requested anyway, 33.

Much like the goatee that my girlfriend convinced me to keep, it's a part of my neverending quest to be more like Jason Varitek. :D

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

hockey - 4 (bobby orr), but i switched to 6 once my son was born (his birthday)

baseball - 4

basketball - 44

football - 54

4 is my lucky number.

in softball, though, i've worn 13, 16, and 00.

Hockey - 95, 5

Baseball - 5, 26

Basketball - 31, 5

Football - 85, 89

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Whenever I can choose, I pick either 5 or 55. In minor league, I couldn't choose, so I switched numbers every year.

Since Junior though,

hockey - 11, 55, right now wearing 26

dek hockey - 8

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I actually have worn multiple numbers over the years. The ones I can remember are 44, 32, 69, 51, and 00. My nephew however has just started playing high school sports in Iowa and they have some screwy system up there. For basketball each player has two numbers, and even for home games and an odd one for away. Has anyone else heard of something like that? Also something else he did in football this past year was to choose 8 because his usual 20 was taken. The reasoning behind this was because it is "an upward infinity".

KUHawks.png

Archived