NBA Finals

HeartLockArt

I'd be happy with either, because on the one hand, I really like Dirk and Cuban, and on the other hand, I'm still a Shaq fan from his Laker days, and I'd love to see the aftermath in the Lakers' front office after the player they traded away to appease King Kobe is walking around with another ring while the Lakers are out on the links.

That being said, I'm leaning towards the Mavs.

VmWIn6B.png

Maybe the Hawks would get better if they picked up some guys like, oh I don't know, Jason Terry and Boris Diaw??? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm going for the Mavericks for one reason and one reason only:

My dad wants them to win. Seriously, this is the first series in the playoffs that I'm not totally interested in. But I'll still watch. :D

I'm goin' for the Mavs, who were my former favourite team (when Nash was still on the team) and I respect Cuban as an owner. I'd hate to see Shaq win another ring, although seeing Dwyane win won would be pretty cool, but I'd rather cheer for the big German, Dirk. Go Mavs!

although seeing Dwyane win won would be pretty cool,

I just have to give you props for spelling Wade's first name correctly...don't see that too often B)

I'm rooting for the Heat, big time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Mavericks because I like Jason Terry

*shudder* Terry might be my most hated athlete.

dude look at his sig, it should tell you everything.

With that being said, i'm pulling for the Heat, I'm going for a Eastern Conference team because my Pistons are not in this one this year.

This is goin to be a great series. Its been a long time we had 2 exciting teams in the NBA Finals.

In the beginning of the season i said it would be Heat vs Spurs

In the beginning of the playoffs i siad it would be Pistons vs Mavericks

Heat VS Mavs - Can't Get No Better

AmericanAirlines Arena VS AmericanAirlines Center

Miami Heat in 6 (Shaq gets 1 more ring before he's done)

With that being said, I?m pulling for the Heat, I'm going for a Eastern Conference team because my Pistons are not in this one this year.

Yea, I noticed the connection. Still, my dislike isn't all due to the "college" he went to. He just rubs me the wrong way, and I don't respect anyone who punches another guy in the family jewels.

Beyond that smuck, I don't really have a preference who wins. If I had to chose I would say the Mavs simply because it will make the Suns look better if the Mavs dominate. But I really wish there was a way both teams could lose.

PopHeading-1.gif

Goin with the Mavs here for 3 reasons

1.) Dirk Nowitzki

2.) Mark Cuban

3.) The Heat knocked my Pistons the :censored: out

Yeah, I'm bitter...:censored: sue me :P

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I really, really, really, really, really hope that Dallas wins this thing. I love Wade's game, but my dislike for Shaq's public persona prevents me from rooting for the Heat in the Finals.

Please remember, Shaq was the one that forced the trade, not Kobe. Shaq demanded the trade a few days after they lost to Detroit. Kobe was opting out of his contract so he could be a free agent. Jerry Buss, the owner of the Lakers, made the decision to not give Shaq the 5 year, 100 million contract extension he got from Mickey Aronson, the owner of the Heat, that wasn't Kobe's fault either. Mitch Kupchak, the GM, was the one that traded Shaq to the heat for Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, and Brian Grant, not Kobe Bryant. The way he's continually belittled Kobe makes him sound immature and jealous because he never "owned" that town like Kobe did.

With all that said, Miami will probably win in 6. The mismatches in this series are tremendous. Who on Dallas can guard Shaq and Wade? Who on Miami can guard Dirk and Howard? This is going to be fun to watch. One of these teams is going to win their first NBA Championship. A great way to end a great postseason.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't know if this was brought up yet, but I found this article this morning about American Airlines, and how giddy there are that both the Heat and Mavs are playing in arenas where they are the corporate sponsor.

American Airlines would be winner in Heat-Mavs matchup

As for my pick in the American Airlines NBA Finals, I gotta go with Miami, since they have slightly more depth than Dallas.

With that being said, i'm pulling for the Heat, I'm going for a Eastern Conference team because my Pistons are not in this one this year.

Yeah Terry, Mike Bibby, Miles Simon, and Michael Dickerson won the college basketball tournament in 97 with the WILDCATS!! Also how many players does ASU have in the NBA? (I only know one, Ike Diogu)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived