"Creamerites"?

ashbob

Somehow I came across this dudes "blog" and he basically rips everyone who post here and calls this site "a sounding board for online sports logo "wannabee" designers, who spend countless hours debating the merit of good or bad logo and uniforms in professional, college and minor league sports at this site: www.chriscreamer.com.

Read his blog titled -Leaked Accidentally. Hardly.

http://sportsbranding.blogspot.com/

I then found he donated money to this site...go figure??? See Thomas O'Grady-http://www.sportslogos.net/donors.php

If you listen to Adam Carolla then I nominate for "Jerk of the Week"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that would be Tom O' Grady or what I would like to call him the Spawn of Satan, he created several usernames here and no one knows when he'll come back and bash us and our ways even more

I find it hilariously ironic that he says: "The Creamer site in particular, takes something so arcane and subjective as the design of sports teams logos and attempts to be an "authoritative body" and instill some logic and reason to why some sports logos are good or not so good."

When that is exactly what he does...he even goes so far to say later in the same post: "We are creating a Sports Branding Society of America (SBS of A) network of professional designers who would be interested in establishing a governing body to improve the state of sports design in the US. It's not a very respected in the overall graphic design and marketing community."

Ok. Now, being here for many years, I can say in absolute comfort that VERY few of us think of ourselves as the "authoritative body" of anything. Hell, im not even the authority on my own body. We discuss (some of us not even discuss) logos, we all share a bond. Bottom-line...its an internet message board...where in that does it imply anything about being anything more than a hobby for more than 95% of us. I can see how an outsider, who obviously has his own standards of how the design community should be run would criticize such a place. But the fact that in the same breath he mentions creating a society...something Donovan has done years before him...well, thats just plain stupid.

I think Mr. O'Grady needs to find himself a dark wood-shed to stay in for a few decades, so he can be even more out of touch. At least then he would be funny.

I can't remember most of his other aliases, but read the posts by a member "bricknivy", and you will understand the man behind the blog.

Tom O'Grady is the president of Gameplan, a primarily sports marketing firm out of Chicago. He was once the art director (or some similar position) in the NBA for many years. So credentially speaking, some of his posts have some merit. He also designed the logo for the 2006 MLS All-Star game.

Unfortunately, he turned out to be one of the most insanely jealous professionals in the industry. Never failing to express his displeasure of a logo, he had used his soapbox more to insult other professionals in the business (such as Joe Bosack, Dan Simon, and SME Branding) rather than provide an analysis of the design on its own merit.

He also claimed to be the the innovator behind the idea of secondary logos for teams, oblivious to the fact the Black Hawks have used a secondary logo on their jerseys' shoulders since the 1950s.

So the more people read his blog and find his posts on this board, the more of a bitter, petty, jealous man he makes himself out to be. And the more people mention his name, the bigger his ego gets.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

He also went by Dropshadow an meangreen as well.

A grown man, a professional who takes the time to spam and flame people on a message board, and takes the time to re-register once he's been banned. A true professional he is

I've never seen any of his posts, but it sounds like the dude is trying to compensate for something. B)

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Is this the same guy with the DC Baseball stuff? He's pretty annoying too.

Anyway, I guess I'm proud to be a Creamer? Gross...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is this the same guy with the DC Baseball stuff? He's pretty annoying too.

Anyway, I guess I'm proud to be a Creamer? Gross...

No. "DC Baseball guy" is a member named P.I.L.L.

His name is Christos Joannou (sp?), if you search for him you'll find a link to his website where he advertises shirts and caps with his various logos on them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Design is all about work, not talk. Part of the reason many of us post here is to get constructive criticism from other design professionals who happen to have an eye for sports branding. I know I do. This board sees the trends, what's new, what's old and overall, provides a nice place to get a balanced viewpoint.

It's never been an "authoritative body," because the authoratative body for any designer is the CLIENT. This guy is a wet blanket.

"Imagine the shock and disappointment of hundreds of "leakers:" when they realize that the Leagues have outsmarted their plots."

darn, i can't leak anything anymore :D:rolleyes:

PvO6ZWJ.png

This guy actually did the Charlotte Bobcats NBA logo.

But he didn't really take contructive criticism about it, by people here, very well.

It was almost sad, really...while at the same time very, very funny.

I really don't understand his logic in "fooling" us... he said the league leaked the material on purpose so we'd report it?

How is that fooling us?

If they leaked inaccurate information THAT would be fooling us, but the Bobcats jerseys we found were the ones they ended up using, and we found it before they unveiled it.

So if the NBA tried to fool us by giving out the real jerseys before they were unveiled, then who were the real fools?

It wasn't an intentional leak.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It's clear to me that O'Grady's constant badgering of this site, via his various screen personnae here and his rather immature blog rant betrays his very poor business sense. Let's face it, there's a community of avid sports design enthusiasts who spend a lot of time critiquing (AND PRAISING, I might add) various sports logos, uniforms, etc. Rather than using the site as a tool to learn what this highly motivated group of POTENTIAL CONSUMERS OF SPORTS APPAREL AND MERCHANDISE like and dislike, he pans and ridicules the lot as being "wannabee" (sic) designers and a bunch of sports design dilettantes. Seems to me that this is the type of behavior which generates bad p.r. within a target market. I'm going to be honest, some of O'Grady's stuff is pretty good, but other works such as the Bobcats' logo, are downright awful. So, rather than tossing brickbats at his critics, he might do himself a favor and use the criticism as a learning experience. He needn't shower us with profuse thanks for the admittedly often less than elegant feedback, but he might want to ease up on the sour grapes. Meanwhile, we as a community should take his actions and commentary with a grain of salt. He's obviously affected by our critiques and engaging in his brand of immature mudslinging does nothing more than give him fuel for his fire. Keep on making this community a must-visit destination for the exchange of opinions on logos and sports design and leave out the unnecessary personal attacks on those not smart enough to see the forest for the trees.

Archived