Oklahoma City . . . Sonics?

yh

Don't worry the league will realign again when we get these future moves: :wacko:

Brooklyn Knights

-Former NJ Nets, I'm still waiting for the groundbreaking please!

Las Vegas Kings

-former Sacramento

Kansas City Wolves

-former Minnesota Timberwolves after the Target Center becomes outdated or they could move to St. Paul and share

the Excel Center and stay in Minnesota

Anaheim Clippers

-former L.A. Clippers. Donald Sterling finally kicks the bucket and his family sells the team to the Samueli's

Other than possibly the Sacramento to Las Vegas move, none of those would really have any effect on the alignment. They basically would still fall into the same division they are currently in (or previously proposed) geographically. And even Vegas could still fit in the Pacific Division (mainly because they're slightly farther west than Phoenix.)

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was about to disagree...but upon further view, that makes the most sense....until New Orleans moves to Kansas City, then you flip the Sonics and Hornets.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

The new governor and the Hornets jointly called for and are working on a new long-term lease, without "benchmarks" (which coincidentally, were met and now only need to be maintained) and should have that done before the start of next season, if not sooner. Season ticket sales are increasing (naturally, after a season like this), and should be about 8,000 to 10,000 before next season.

You know that old adage, "you don't know what you have until you lose it?" Well that's the story of sports teams in New Orleans:

- In the last 4-5 years prior to Katrina, the Saints would usually sell out home games, but barely (just in time for the blackout to be lifted). Katrina hit, they played games in San Antonio (whose mayor and movers/shakers tried to "do us a favor" by taking them off of our hands permanently), and when they came back after one year, they sold out the season for the first time ever and now have a 30,000 person waiting list for season tickets. The state and the Saints are working out a new long-term (15-20 year) lease, which will probably have continued improvments to the Superdome in the short-term and a new stadium coming on-line in the latter part of the lease.

- The Hornets went away for two years, and all many people heard was that they weren't coming back at all. Then when they came back, all that was put forth was that it was good for one year, through the All Star break. Attendance suffered despite a decent (at the time) team, as folks still didn't want to invest money and emotions into a team that had been gone for two years, even wore another city's name on its jersey, and was strongly hinted would only be here for a short time. It all came to a head with the announcement about the revised lease with benchmarks around the first of this year. At that point it was quite clear that the team would stay, if folks would only support them with tickets. Attendance began to pick up, got a boost from the All-Star game, as well as from the realization that the team was NOT going to fade down the strech and that they were for real.

I have read that the power that be behind the Sprint Center in KC are looking more towards an NHL tenant.

They have the fans now...but my personal jury is out until we see them stick around when the team isn't as good. It's one thing to fill the stands with bandwagoners and call basketball saved. It's another thing to see them stick around if the team dips a little into mediocrity. If they stay, then yes, the Hornets are sticking around. If the fans don't stay, well, the Sprint Center is open to anyone who wants to move a franchise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If the fans don't stay, well, the Sprint Center is open to anyone who wants to move a franchise.

I want to move the Red Wings there.

...what?

There fixed it for you :P

Now it's fixed!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the fans don't stay, well, the Sprint Center is open to anyone who wants to move a franchise.

I want to move the Jets there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I want to move the Senators there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

Nope.

I saw, I came, I left.

I want to move the Canucks there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

Nope.

Fixed again, because none of you know what you're talking about.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I want to move the Wild there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

Nope.

Really?

I saw, I came, I left.

I want to move the Raptors there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

Nope.

Really?

Yeah, in your FACE!!!

MofnV2z.png

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The New York *crap* Yankees ought to move to OKC!!!!!! That ought to be something to see!!!!!! (OH Yeah I 100% hate the mofo NY CrapYankees!!!)

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The New York *crap* Yankees ought to move to OKC!!!!!! That ought to be something to see!!!!!! (OH Yeah I 100% hate the mofo NY CrapYankees!!!)

Fred T Jane, give this man a post of the day ribbon.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I want to move the Expos there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

This is how it's done, son.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I want to move the Eagles there.

...what?

Now it's fixed!

Am I doing this right?

This is how it's done, son.

No, THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE!!

MofnV2z.png

For the love of God, it is not time to stop now!

How's this?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived