Oklahoma City . . . Sonics?

yh

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of us went "off topic", check the thread bub.

EZ Street: 2 MORE minutes for Unfuny Impertinence! You need a timeout, son . . . keep it up & you'll be trolling indoor soccer fan sites . . . :Oo:

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

None of us went "off topic", check the thread bub.

EZ Street: 2 MORE minutes for Unfuny Impertinence! You need a timeout, son . . . keep it up & you'll be trolling indoor soccer fan sites . . . :Oo:

Why are you talking to a Moderator like he's a 5 year old?

Because he's channeling ANGEL?

Seriously, though, mrfab's been further off topic than anything we've done.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm just not seeing the appeal of Thundercats, Thunderbirds, Thunderpuppies, or Thundersticks. It's going to be shortened to T-Cats, T-Birds, T-Pups, or T-Sticks, immediately diluting the brand, IMHO.

Besides, since Bennett and the Boys also acquired the Seattle Storm of the WNBA, Oklahoma City Thunder would be the ideal name for them, since only 5 of the league's 14 teams even have an "s" on the end. If not Thunder, can we get "SuperWomen" at least? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, they did originally, but then a group of Seattlites bought the Storm from Bennett.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

You all have killed a topic that's hibernating if not actually dead with all your WAY off topic NBA re-alignment prattle. NOTHING more boring . . . :sleeping: Say, what IS the topic . . .

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

You all have killed a topic that's hibernating if not actually dead with all your WAY off topic NBA re-alignment prattle. NOTHING more boring . . . :sleeping: Say, what IS the topic . . .

pancakebunny.jpg

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

pancakebunny.jpg

2 times mrfab's said something incomprehensible, and 2 times rams80's been there with the pic. You guys are doing a nice job of being consistent. :P

But to make this post relevent, I REALLY hope they don't name the team Thunder. That Barons concept, as bad as it is, would be much better than anything Thunder-related.

pancakebunny.jpg

2 times mrfab's said something incomprehensible, and 2 times rams80's been there with the pic. You guys are doing a nice job of being consistent. :P

Well...reasoning with him failed. Utterly. So that will get trotted out instead.

Oh, and I'm a fan of Barons as well. Or Thunderbirds. I think both could be good

Today, we are all otaku.

It should be the Blunder, as in moving the team from Seattle was the ultimate blunder and I hope that dumbass owner gets what he deserves when the Blunder do the unthinkable and go 8-74 to insure that Oklahoma City gets the worst record ever and the fans leave because they've realized what a freaking idiot the owner is.

(Whew! Not bad for an old Sonic fan, eh?)

God, Thunder? What a terrible name. It reeks like it's a D-League name. Actually, a WNBA name.

Thunder? That's the best they could come up with?

It's a Big Thunder Mountain Trainwreck of a name.

:P

/hurl

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'm calling it now, the mascot (not necesarily the logo) will be some jacked up, high flying version of Thor, God of thunder.

No no no, you're all wrong.

It will OBVIOUSLY be spawned off of the Orlando Thunder's graphic masterpiece.

Let's hope for Day-Glo jerseys as well.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'm calling it now, the mascot (not necesarily the logo) will be some jacked up, high flying version of Thor, God of thunder.

That is the only way I will approve of the name.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those unis were a thing of beauty!

orl_thunder.jpg

B)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived