New Duke Basketball Uniforms

jdukie

I pray to God that these are just fashion jerseys, but these were listed on dukeupdate.com as Duke's new "alternate uniforms". I not sure what that means, do these replace the old black and blue jerseys or does Duke have 5 uniforms now. It doesn't matter, I hate the shoulder stripes on all of the teams that have them. If Duke wanted to make a change they should have gotten rid of the black trim on the home whites

new_duke_alternate_uniform_black.jpg

new_duke_alternate_uniform_blue.jpg

The main problem with those is that they're the same template that Nike uses for almost every SEC school and when the ACC/Big Ten did their thing they used those uniforms too, I believe. I think it's ******* retarded that they would take all these schools, some with great basketball legacy (As a UK fan, I am specifically addressing them putting out a generic crap jersey), and giving them all the same template, an obvious one at that, adding different side-piping, to wear.

Watching some Nike schools play college football and basketball reminds me of the movie Teen Wolf where every school had the same adidas design with the stripes down the sides.

Just like 2006 Olympic Ice Hockey! (Sweden & Switzerland excluded)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On a side note, has anyone ever noticed how Coach K looks a lot like the Blue Devil?

Yeah, there are a few athletes/coaches who look like what their team is named after.

img9053870.jpg

raptor.jpg

sharpe_060403.jpg040131_john_elway_vsm11a.vsmall.jpg

denver-broncos.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

same shoulder stripe like the team USA jerseys and every other new nike effort (FLA, Kent. ect) But from the looks the side stripe will be the same as the old uni's, its not the USA striping in the other aspects.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Why does everyone say these are all the same templates? The only thing the same is the shoulder stripe. All the piping and panneling is defferent on all the Nike schools. This is still the same Duke design plus shoulder stripes, not the same template as another school.

Why does everyone say these are all the same templates? The only thing the same is the shoulder stripe. All the piping and panneling is defferent on all the Nike schools. This is still the same Duke design plus shoulder stripes, not the same template as another school.

Because it's the school's uniform...not Nikes. Nike is trying to make sure everyone knows who made their jerseys which is almost a form of branding. It's an indirect logo creep and it's not needed.

Because it's the school's uniform...not Nikes. Nike is trying to make sure everyone knows who made their jerseys which is almost a form of branding. It's an indirect logo creep and it's not needed.

I think this is Nike's way of combatting the Adidas 3-stripe motif. There was the big deal at Wimbledon about how the three stripes weren't considered a logo, even though everyone knows it's Adidas, which gave them an extra "advertisement" on players' clothing. Nike wants people to look at an asymmetrical or over-piped football jersey and think "Nike". They want people to see a corny, shoulder-striped basketball jersey on TV, and think about how Duke and the USA team use Nike, without ever having to look for a swoosh on a jersey. Maybe then they'll go buy some Nike crap because all the 'elite' schools have it on.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived