COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2007

BloodAtFirstBite

Alright, lemme get this straight. On 4th and goal, Oregon throws a TD pass, which is then booth-reviewed. Note that the booth called for this.

The booth reversed the call on the field, citing that the receiver had stepped out of bounds and then caught the pass, which is illegal touching. Loss of down, USC ball. Over? No.

Oregon then challenged the ruling on the field. Amazingly, they reversed the previous reversal, saying that the ball was tipped by a USC player, reestablishing the receiver's eligibility to catch the pass. Touchdown is good.

All this took up 15 minutes of time.

The heck?

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, lemme get this straight. On 4th and goal, Oregon throws a TD pass, which is then booth-reviewed. Note that the booth called for this.

The booth reversed the call on the field, citing that the receiver had stepped out of bounds and then caught the pass, which is illegal touching. Loss of down, USC ball. Over? No.

Oregon then challenged the ruling on the field. Amazingly, they reversed the previous reversal, saying that the ball was tipped by a USC player, reestablishing the receiver's eligibility to catch the pass. Touchdown is good.

The heck?

Too bad Pete Carroll didn't challenge that. Then there'd be a reversal of a reversal of a reversal.

VmWIn6B.png

The heck?

Too bad Pete Carroll didn't challenge that. Then there'd be a reversal of a reversal of a reversal.
Of course, this is more reason that next year, the Pac-10 referees will wear shirts with black and white swooshes on them -- they're already in the pocket of the University of Nike.

LvZYtbZ.png

1. Piscataway USED to be a pro sports town - the Nets played there for a couple of years before moving to the Meadowlands.

2. Why is Wisconsin getting ripped off? ESPN did a list of the one-loss teams and left off the Badgers - thank goodness for Lou Holtz (who I otherwise have little use for) speaking up for them (of course, he's a buddy of Barry Alvarez).

/wishes Wisconsin would schedule somebody a BIT tougher than Buffalo during the nonconference games

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Since no one else said it, I will: Little Old Wake Forest shut out Florida State. In Tallahassee. The Deacs killed them. Most boring game I've seen all season.

Why do I feel like no one is paying attention to my Demon Deacons?

Because, sadly, no one is. Rutgers is biggest turnaround story this season and, I think, the ACC lost all of its luster once VT, Miami, and FSU turned in less than stellar seasons.

But congratulations all the same.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The BCS is a complete and utter JOKE this year, especially after this past weekend.

How can Louisville, Texas, Auburn, AND Cal lose and yet NOT drop any spots in the BCS? What bullcrap is that?

(http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS)

Wisconsin is getting a major screwjob all-around. A 10-1 Big Ten team and only 15th in the BCS? 10th in the coaches? :wow:

Rutgerts and Boise St. never moved, either. :shocked:

sig1.gif

Since no one else said it, I will: Little Old Wake Forest shut out Florida State. In Tallahassee. The Deacs killed them. Most boring game I've seen all season.

I hope no one pays attention to Wake, so when they win the ACC it will be even a bigger deal! Yesterday was great, I can't believe FSU was actually the favourite. Wake proved that they are a force to be reckoned with. Jim Grobe is the man!

1zqy8ok.gif

UPDATED WEEK 11 AP RANKINGS

1. Ohio State (11-0)

2. Michigan (11-0)

3. Florida (9-1)

4. USC (8-1)

5. Arkansas (9-1)

6. Notre Dame (9-1)

7. Rutgers (9-0)

8. West Virginia (8-1)

9. LSU (8-2)

10. Louisville (8-1)

11. Texas (9-2)

12. Wisconsin (10-1)

13. Boise State (10-0)

14. Wake Forest (9-1)

15. Auburn (9-2)

16. Oklahoma (8-2)

17. California (8-2)

18. Georgia Tech (8-2)

19. Virginia Tech (8-2)

20. Boston College (8-2)

21. Maryland (8-2)

22. Tennessee (7-3)

23. Brigham Young (8-2)

24. Nebraska (8-3)

25. Clemson (8-3)

saBS.png

Um, I think you're looking at last week's rankings...

I don't think so dude. Note the W-L records - Louisville (previous undefeated) with 1 loss - Texas, previously with one loss, now with two. Not to mention OSU and Michigan both at 11-0....sure looks like THIS week's to me.

sig1.gif

Um, I think you're looking at last week's rankings...

I don't think so dude. Note the W-L records - Louisville (previous undefeated) with 1 loss - Texas, previously with one loss, now with two. Not to mention OSU and Michigan both at 11-0....sure looks like THIS week's to me.

It was last week's rankings the website just updated the Win-Loss. Check the post above you and that has the new rankings with Rutgers moving up to 7.

Don't look now, but Rutgers is No. 2 in the Computers.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Time to roll out another legitimate look at how the bowls would shape up if the season would end today.

BCS TITLE GAME: Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v Michigan (At-Large/AQ)

Rose Bowl: Cal (Pac-10 Leader) v Notre Dame (At-Large/AQ)

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas (SEC Leader) v USC (At-Large/AQ)

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech (ACC Leader) v Rutgers (Big East Leader)

Fiesta Bowl: Texas (Big XII Leader) v Boise State (WAC Leader/AQ)

To explain:

OSU is considered the leader of the Big Ten due to the "Rose Bowl Rule", disqualifying Michigan.

Texas is the leader of the Big XII due to their win over Oklahoma.

Georgia Tech is the leader of the ACC due to head to head over Maryland. Wake Forest is eliminated due to having more losses in division than Maryland.

Cal is the leader of the Pac-10 due to having a 2-0 record against Oregon and Oregon State, compared to 1-1 for USC.

By rule, the four at-large bids must include #2 Michigan (top 2), #12 Boise State (top 12 and not from a BCS conference), #5 Notre Dame (top 8), and #3 USC (#3 and not a conference champ).

National title game takes #1 OSU and #2 Michigan.

Rose Bowl gets #15 Cal, Sugar Bowl gets #7 Arkansas, Fiesta Bowl gets #13 Texas, and Orange Bowl gets #18 Georgia Tech, by contractual agreement.

Since the Rose Bowl lost the Big Ten leader to the title game, they have the first choice. Rather than take #3 USC and set up a rematch with Cal, they take #5 Notre Dame.

The Sugar Bowl gets the next choice. They take #3 USC.

Then the Orange Bowl chooses. They choose #6 Rutgers.

Finally, the Fiesta Bowl takes #12 Boise State.

(Note that Florida, though completely deserving of a BCS bid, is locked out of a BCS bowl at the moment because there are four automatic qualifiers -- the BCS bowls' hands are tied on this one!)

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived