Fun or Gooberific?

amare32

NOT FUN. NOT FUN.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Fun if you're 8 years old or younger.

If you're a 42-year -old accounts payable supervisor from Arlington Heights wearing that at Soldier Field, thy name is "Goober."

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

...And yet I can still picture a bunch of goons in the stands wearing them. They ought to go well with the half-naked guys in the stands covered in facepaint, the men wearing dresses and pig snouts, the guy in the barrel, the colonial brigade, the nuts in surgical scrubs, the wackjobs wearing dog collars and milkbones, the entire black hole of Oakland, the yahoos with the towels, and everyone else who treats Game Day like Halloween.

:spideysense::vaderandluke::ghostface:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

They look like the helmet Cartman wears when he pretends to be retarded to compete in the special olympics.

pics-803-6.jpg

If they're going for the old-time leather helmet look, I'm not sure it works.

That said, there's still something totally goofy and self-deprecating about them that I like.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Lame...especially for newer teams who never wore leather. Reminds me of those plastic baseball helmets they sell to fans. Just a gimmick for your $$$$$$. When are you going to actually sport that besides after a 12pack during the game?

KISSwall09.jpg

I think you need to be 300 lbs + with a nice goatee and dobule chin to pull that off, otherwise you'd look pretty ridiculous.

Are you using "pull that off" figuratively, in the sense of "not making the situation that much worse"?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Okay I have to say I personally think those are cool... yes, I'm a bit off, but heck for watching a game in your home why not? I mean we put on jerseys and stay home and watch a game or two, so why not throw this on. Actually I think they'd be great for your local turkey bowl. I can see it now:

"Why did you throw that ball?"

"He was open!"

"Didn't you see his ORANGE HEAD?!"

:P

Gooberific. Especially at $35 for one hat? :cursing: You NFL!!! :cursing: YOU!

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived