The long awaited Sabres jerseys

Sabrejeff

Well it took me a while, but I finally fond something I like about the Sabres new look-Extra ammunition as a Leafs fan :hockeysmiley:

...and that will help the Leafs avoid getting pummled how?

Oh I don't know, I have faith in the Leafs this year...besides even if they are pummled at least I know my team at least looked the part of a pro hockey team, and not like some ECHL rejects.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it took me a while, but I finally fond something I like about the Sabres new look-Extra ammunition as a Leafs fan :hockeysmiley:

Oh I don't know, I have faith in the Leafs this year...besides even if they are pummled at least I know my team at least looked the part of a pro hockey team, and not like some ECHL rejects.

Just shutup now, k? This is a battle that will not be won no matter who you are or who's side you are on.

So before you continue to make the rest of LeafNation look foolish and rude, I command you to cease!

^_^

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Just shutup now, k? This is a battle that will not be won no matter who you are or who's side you are on.

So before you continue to make the rest of LeafNation look foolish and rude, I command you to cease!

^_^

The Leafs suck........or something.

Not that I am much of a hockey fan.

^_^

I think it is settled. The Sabres look like **** and the Leafs play like ****. Let's hear it for the rainbow!

Pride.gif

That was a vote to use them for 2006/07... they are still expected to be worn for 2007/08 (which is why all third jerseys are being eliminated)... last I heard we should expect some sort of announcement around late December.

from what I was told was the GM's voted no to them period not for this season but forever according to my friend with the Hawks.

I suspect that if they are forced, I know at least the Hawks and Habs will not go to them

That was a vote to use them for 2006/07... they are still expected to be worn for 2007/08 (which is why all third jerseys are being eliminated)... last I heard we should expect some sort of announcement around late December.

from what I was told was the GM's voted no to them period not for this season but forever according to my friend with the Hawks.

I suspect that if they are forced, I know at least the Hawks and Habs will not go to them

Sounds like names on the backs of team jerseys... league-wide mandate to include player names on all jerseys, at least one team refused.

Guess what happened? :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Basically, I like the logo and the jersey....never had a problem with the logo in the first place.....and I was at the arena when it was unveiled and I love the jersey. Many people on here are saying they hate the logo and the jersey, but I don't think everyone feels the same way seeing how long the line was to the Sabres store. Quite frankly.....i'm pretty sure many people outside of the sabres fans like the jersey, we just have tons of wannabe critics on here...its sad and quite pathetic lol.

I think these are one of the best jerseys in the league now...and i'm not just saying that cause i'm a sabres fan. Its a sharp design...and for those who think these are done in a few years, you're smoking...it won't happen.

Then leave.

Just because he/she disagrees with you? Come on.

No, because he/she is obviously not happy with the atmosphere of this board. If so, then why would he/she continue to post here?

Well, frankly, the atmosphere on the board has gotten a bit nasty w/ all this Sabres stuff.

It has, I agree, thanks to the fans of this new look, who call everyone who disagrees with them "logo snobs."

Don't try to jam your opion of the Sabres new look down our throats, and we won't respond in such a "nasty" manner.

I hope I wasn't placed in the category of people that called other snobs...because I didn't say such a thing. I basically said "wannabe critics". Quite frankly, I don't even have to call you a snob...because the fact that you told me to "leave" just because I didn't agree with you or because I allegedly don't like the atmosphere of this board is saying something in itself.

Sounds like names on the backs of team jerseys... league-wide mandate to include player names on all jerseys, at least one team refused.

Um, they wore white lettering on white jerseys and blue lettering on blue jerseys?

No, no, that would just be ridiculous. ^_^

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Sabres really clash with the Preds quite a bit more.

And it seems like they both have a sabretoothed tiger as a mascot? That's funny.

Anyway, as far as the redesign, I've seen worse. The logo is pretty crappy, but I love the colors and think the jersey design is kinda neat. Definitely unique, if nothing else.

we will see what transpires. I think we have heard the end of the form fit though

Third jerseys aren't being eliminated; some teams, like Boston and Edmonton have discarted them to use vintage ones; other teams, like Minnesota, Nashville and Philadelphia, still have the alternates.

We are talking about next season which is the 07-08 season. Not this up and coming season which starts in October.

Has anyone mentioned what was said in the Buffalo News article on Sunday regarding the unis?

The Sabres tried to incorporate their original emblem, but they couldn't make it work.

"It was easier to start from scratch," said Frank Cravotta, Sabres director of creative services. "When your old logo is such an icon, it's hard to redo it."

Cravotta said the Sabres evaluated about 80 logo designs before settling on one. Then there were about 12 revisions before it was finalized.

Buffalo News- "Blue and Gold, Part II"

I'm not sure why they couldn't incorporate the old logo, or even an updated version of it. And the slug was the best of 80 designs? Dear God, what did the other 79 look like? And it was revised a dozen times -- I can't imagine what it looked like in its embryonic form.

"When your old logo is such an icon, it's hard to redo it." Excatly, so why bother with the slug at all jackass!!!! You just admitted you have an iconic logo, the exact thing the organization was asking for from Reebok.

couldn't make it work, or didn't want to?. It's a circle for crying out loud and the photoshopped pics JS did clearly show it looks fine. To me the Slug looks off balance on the jersey.

This jersey design was/is meant for the swift unis, I'll post the pics later to

back up my claim. Along with some other nice tidbits. I did say that they would

probably have some pants stripes that would try and continue the jersey striping downward. RBK, trying to bring the NFL into the NHL.

well i didn't like the logo when i first saw it, but man, i am totally in the minority here and i love the jersey. the logo looks great on it because it isn't too big like most teams today (see calgary, LA etc)

The blue/gold concept that was offered up on here in an earlier post looks oustanding and i far prefer that to what the Sabres went with, but what can you do...I don't find it as terrible as alot of you are claiming it is. My only real beef is that the designs under the arms get lost, until the player holds up his arms in victory so I'm not sure if that was a thought behind the design or not.

Would this design work as a template for other teams? It could work for the Oilers as we have a circle logo.

gagner3.png

Archived