The long awaited Sabres jerseys

Sabrejeff

These designs are here to stay.  Jerseys were sold out within and hour and all of the new merchandise sold out today as well.

Hah. i do have to say thats pretty funny. I went to the pond first thing this morning because the new jerseys went on sale to the public for the first time as well today. I got there pretty early because I expected it to be PACKED. It was deader than a doornail all day long. Id be suprised if they sold 20 jerseys all day.

Yeah, but that's California, where most of the population has no idea there is a hockey team there...Or two even.

slugbat.jpg

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my God, people! They are not that bad. I'm not sure about the logo yet, but I can guarantee that it will grow on people. People seem to think that everybody hates it, however, just like everything in life...the more vocal people are the haters. People who are content or actually like the logo, do not feel a need to tell everybody they like it. The people who hate it, feel compelled to complain about it. This is a fact of life and it is happening here.

Other than the number on front, I think it's absolutely fine. I echo DGivens' sentiment... I'll pick one up on discount, and I hate the Sabres! :D

And despite what Repo Man may think about turnovers, I like the color sleeves on the white jersey. I don't think it's been used since, say, the Penguins in the 70's and 80's

Honestly, I think the Sabres fans and all of the other detractors out there need to relax. These could've ended up a whole lot worse, slug or no slug.

philly.png

Other than the number on front, I think it's absolutely fine. I echo DGivens' sentiment... I'll pick one up on discount, and I hate the Sabres! :D

And despite what Repo Man may think about turnovers, I like the color sleeves on the white jersey. I don't think it's been used since, say, the Penguins in the 70's and 80's

Honestly, I think the Sabres fans and all of the other detractors out there need to relax. These could've ended up a whole lot worse, slug or no slug.

pG01-2339976dt.jpg

While the entire sleve isn't coloured, roughly 3/4 of it is, which means there are currently two teams with coloured sleves in the NHL. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

detroit has colored sleeves or "red wings"

these uniforms would be good were it not for three things. The number on the front, the logo on the front, and the road socks. Everything else looks pretty good, and I think everyone here would like them if they looked like this.

sabres.png

The jersey itself is innovative, so are the pants, could do without the stripe like that on the white socks, but the jersey alone minus the logo and frontal number is pretty good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

An improvement on the Goat Lord. At least the colours are (sort of) right now.

But man, oh man, those are absolutely terrible.

I'm happy that my team is back in the blue and gold again. That's the best I can say about these sacks of crap.

I will continue to wear my Lafontaine vintage jersey and dream of the days when the Sabres will be properly dressed again.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

So far, any poster that has replaced the "slug" on the new jerseys with one of their own Sabres concepts is FAR superior to the new logo.

The colours are fine, the design layout isn't all that bad, but why in the hell if they are called the SABRES do they have a slug with the head of a buffalo on it? What is the logic in that?

It's just dissapointing that something great could have been done here and now it completely blows.

First off, does anyone feel that everything on the jersey is just too small. The numbers are modern, but they look small. The buffaslug, though we should never make it huge, looks small. IT is just a butch job that would be corrected by just geting rid of the slug. The nubmers i suppose are fine. Sad, sad, sad.

I don't like the fact that the new Sabres colors are so similar to the Preds:

Between the primaries, only the Gold is slightly different...

How does the navy and the gold compare to the Blues navy and yellow?

I'm thinking the navy is NOT the same, but I'm wondering if the Sabres gold might be the same as the Blues yellow.

I don't like the fact that the new Sabres colors are so similar to the Preds:

Between the primaries, only the Gold is slightly different...

How does the navy and the gold compare to the Blues navy and yellow?

I'm thinking the navy is NOT the same, but I'm wondering if the Sabres gold might be the same as the Blues yellow.

St. Louis's Navy/Dark Blue is the same as the Predators and the new Sabres...same Gold as the Preds.

Archived