Blue Jays 2nd Place Watch

Suigi

So, three games left for both Toronto and Boston.

Do you think Toronto will finish above 3rd for the first time since 1993?

I'm feeling optimistic. Already printed a banner for the dorm room door.

What about you guys?

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering you're in the same Division as Boston and the Yankees' payrolls, yes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

... And it's only taken the Red Sox being devistated by injuries for it to happen.

Oh boo-hoo... every team got smacked hard with injuries, it's the teams that rise above them that are truly better.

Every pitcher in our starting rotation missed time to injury... Halladay (3 weeks), Burnett (3 months), Lilly and Chacin (1½ months) were all out for various periods of time, and the only one of our rotation to not get injured went 1-10 with an ERA over 9.00.

I could say, "If Burnett, Gus and Roy were healthy all year and Towers went 5-6 instead of 1-10 we'd be in the high 90s in wins" but whatever.

Second place is my division championship, so there! Red Sox fans can continue with your "oh who cares" and "yeah well we're still better" type responses, but you just know the Yankee fans will be all over you all offseason about it :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well the Blue Jays have bin threw alot since 1993. Even though we wont make it in the playoffs, i think coming in 2nd place and beating the Red Sox, would be a great improvement.

But then again we already made the red soxs not make the playoffs :D .

4kv29i.jpg

All you no good dumb Boston fans are just mad. I mean, you had your shot..now it's the Jays turn to be #2.

Did I take the parody too far?

Quiet down there Mr. 4th place Braves ;)

I don't think anyone has said 4th place Braves this late in the season since the days of the Crusades.

Second place is my division championship, so there! Red Sox fans can continue with your "oh who cares" and "yeah well we're still better" type responses, but you just know the Yankee fans will be all over you all offseason about it :)

Isn't it more of the Jays fans responsibility to make fun of Boston this time?

That's a pretty good leap getting to second place. Get used to it :D.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

Second place is my division championship, so there!  Red Sox fans can continue with your "oh who cares" and "yeah well we're still better" type responses, but you just know the Yankee fans will be all over you all offseason about it :)

Isn't it more of the Jays fans responsibility to make fun of Boston this time?

That's a pretty good leap getting to second place. Get used to it :D.

Hey, we're doing you a favour. Now you have one more thing to bug Red Sox fans about.

All you no good dumb Boston fans are just mad. I mean, you had your shot..now it's the Jays turn to be #2.

Did I take the parody too far?

Quiet down there Mr. 4th place Braves ;)

I don't think anyone has said 4th place Braves this late in the season since the days of the Crusades.

Wow, I didn't realize the Crusades lasted until 1990.

When the Twins were horrible in the late 1990s, I sometimes watched in hope that they would finish above the cellar (though I never made a banner).

So I know how you feel. The Yanks/Sox have been 1/2 for like 7 years. I think you can enjoy it a little bit, though you deserve any :censored: you get for putting a banner in your dorm room ^_^

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived