Denver Nuggets throwback question

roxfan00

For their 40th Anniversary season what throwback jersey would you like the Nuggets to wear for some games this season?

Denver Rockets

1972DenverHome.JPG

Denver Nuggets(1974-75 jersey)

1974DenverHome.JPG

(1975-76)

1976DenverHome.JPG

or will they use the rainbow jerseys

alex-english-thumb.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I remember that the Nugs have worn the 75-76 throwbacks before. Karl got in trouble for wearing it on the sideline. I would bet that they would wear those again.

Yeah remember when he got in trouble for doing that...I personaly like those uniforms the best from the 75-76 season, but I guess it'll be cool to see them bust out the rainbow uniforms for a game or two.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

They've also worn the rainbow uniforms (home version) before.

What? No love for the Mutombo-era? lol

The Mutombo-era had those 2 playoff seasons and that was it....i'm trying to forget about the late 90's seasons. lol

I believe they switched to the better-known royal blue/yellow rainbow unis in the mid-to-late '80s.

I wanted one when I was 14, and I still want one now. Just awesome.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Personally, I prefer the rainbows. The one shown was teh jurst version, moving to royal blue later. Now George Karl did get fined for that game, but i think it is more due to the fact that he took off his suit jacket/sportcoat too. The dress code for coaches is long standing and jackets must be work at all times during the game.

I remember that the Nugs have worn the 75-76 throwbacks before. Karl got in trouble for wearing it on the sideline. I would bet that they would wear those again.

My favorite Karl throwback was when he coached the Sonics. The team wore the 70s era unis and Karl came out in a garish suit and feathered hair. How can you not like that guy?

My favorite Karl throwback was when he coached the Sonics. The team wore the 70s era unis and Karl came out in a garish suit and feathered hair. How can you not like that guy?

Be a Bucks fan, that's how. <_< I can remember the Great Collapse like it was yesterday :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

from roxfann400 or whatever that ID wuz...

1974DenverHome.JPG

Since this is the second to most generic of all the jerseys shown, I'll go for this one. I'm really digging the diamonds on the sides and the nearly the same font as the White Sox from the late seventies

from roxfann400 or whatever that ID wuz...

1974DenverHome.JPG

Since this is the second to most generic of all the jerseys shown, I'll go for this one. I'm really digging the diamonds on the sides and the nearly the same font as the White Sox from the late seventies

Here are those unis in action

CalvinDribbleSimpsonJoyce2.jpg

JonesSlamFloatMalone.jpg

and here's the away jersey.

1975DenverRoad.JPG

Remember that there are 2 versions of the rainbows - I don't think they wore the earlier green trim / darker blue versions that are posted above, right?

royal blue

Alex-English---Photofile--C10100443.jpeg

Archived