Two name teams

spyboy1

I was just listening to a sports talk show and the discussion mentioned the Running Utes and my icon is from the Fighting Saints and it made me wonder what some other teams used for "Two Name Teams".

I'm not so interested in things like Blue Jays or Maple Leafs as much as I am the kind where the first word is more of an action or verb.

Which ones are you aware of and what are your favorites? Pro, College and High School are all welcome.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my old high school in red oak, texas is called the red oak hawks...

but the class of 80-something bought a sign for the front of the school that says "home of the fighting hawks" which i always thought was ridiculous, since it's the only place i've ever seen them referred to as fighting.

on a similar, and also irrelevant note, my fantasy football team is the murmansk fighting jesuses.

then there's the obvious former "mighty" ducks of anaheim.

Off the top of my head, UNLV Running Rebels. California Golden Seals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not necessarily favorites, but Albany River Rats and Bridgeport Sound Tigers

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Blackburn Battlin' Beavers always makes me laugh. I lived in Blackburn Australia, and for us 'battling' means just getting by. And Beaver is another name for...well, actually, I think it's the same in North America.

North Carolina Wesleyan College & Ohio Wesleyan University are both called the Battling Bishops

Wayland Baptist University Flying Queens. Uh huh.

New Jersey City Gothic Knights . Which are obviously different from other knights. But they have a cool helmet logo.

Oregon Institute of Technology Hustlin' Owls. Again, the divide of language.

Hustlin' means doing deals, to me. Mostly to your advantage, and someone else's disadvantage.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Must we forget, Norte Dame Fighting Irish

Oklahoma Boomer Sooners

Anahiem Mighty Ducks

Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox

Everett Aqua Sox

Not sure the least 3 are what you wanted ....

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Must we forget, Norte Dame Fighting Irish

Oklahoma Boomer Sooners

Anahiem Mighty Ducks

Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox

Everett Aqua Sox

Not sure the least 3 are what you wanted ....

Oklahoma teams are the Sooners - NOT Boomer Sooners.

"Boomer Sooner" is a chant associated with Oklahoma Athletics.

Archived