Two name teams

spyboy1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PhilliesPhan: no, they're still officially Flying Dutchmen. shoot, I have no links to Hofstra at all, but I strongly feel "Pride" shouldn't be a nickname, hence I refuse to call them by that name.

miltonandlumbergh: that's War Eagle, and it's just a chant, not a nickname. both NCAA teams that call themselves Warhawks (my old school, UW Whitewater...and I guess UL Monroe) use the one-word variant.

PeytonManningRocks: yes, they are the Mean Green. shoot, put that together with their other (less often used nowadays) official moniker, Eagles, and they have the rare three-part name, Mean Green Eagles.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Must we forget, Norte Dame Fighting Irish

Oklahoma Boomer Sooners

Anahiem Mighty Ducks

Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox

Everett Aqua Sox

Not sure the least 3 are what you wanted ....

AquaSox is one word with some really bad capitalization.

Ask any Portland fan (a good one) and he'll tell you Winter Hawks is two words.

You guys forgot the Auburn War Hawks

What team is this...if you mean Auburn University...we are the Tigers. not the War Eagles, not the Plainsman.

Do you just mean teams with two words inn their nickname (Like Crimson Tide, or Fighting Irish) or teams that have two official nicknames:

Like Yale who are both the Elis and the Bulldogs or Army who are both the Black Knights and the Cadets.

You guys forgot the Auburn War Hawks

That's not the actual name of the school, it's just a chant at the Tigers games. According to a friend(who is an Auburn fan), the tradition started when some drunk stood up when he saw a bird and yelled "War Eagle" and that started the chant. Wikipedia has a better version of the story.

I'll bring up an obscure one here. I went to a rugby match last week in Atlanta that had the Life University Running Eagles.

Tulane Green Wave

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

My Favorites:

Arizona State Sun Devils

Minnesota Golden Gophers

UNLV Runnin' Rebels

UM-Eastern Shore Fighting Hawks (that's what it says on their bball court)

Tulsa Golden Hurricane

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

Ask any Portland fan (a good one) and he'll tell you Winter Hawks is two words.

Got that right, brutha! :D And for good measure, let us not forget the Portland Forest Dragons. Yes, it's a horrible name, but it meets the criteria.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Some from Canadian Interuniversity Sport:

? University of Alberta Golden Bears

? Université Laval Rouge et Or (Red and Gold)

? Université de Moncton Aigles Bleus (Blue Eagles)

? University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds

? Queen's University Golden Gaels

? Université de Sherbrooke Vert & Or (Green & Gold)

? University of Toronto Varsity Blues

? Wilfrid Laurier University Golden Hawks

Archived