new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

I'm not here to steal Murtaugh's thunder; I'm just here to spread the news and share the wealth of his excellent rendering. All the credit goes to him.

Chicago Fire 08-09

Details of note, gleaned from the board:

* The badge will mercifully go back to being embroidered, instead of the screened, flocked cheapo garbage of recent years (think of those "revolutionary" numbers on MLB BP jerseys introduced last year.

*Chicago-based Wrigley is strongly rumored to be in talks for shirt sponsorship. That opens up possiblities for a ton of brands across the stripe, though the perfect fit, "Big Red," is so brilliant you know it's never gonna happen. Regardless, though, if the Fire land Wrigley, whatever's on the front will be leaps and bounds above the likes of Herbalife and Xango.

*No goofy piping, and no squeezed sports-bra style chest stripe. Huzzah!

This looks to be the best kit the Fire have had since the early days of Puma. I'll miss the "Fire" and "Chicago" wordmarks across the chest, but if it helps keep the franchise going, I'm willing to cave and go with all the Euro/Global football community blah-blah.

Still, my favorite all-time, likely never to be topped, is the Fire's '99 Nike home kit. So glad I've got one to call my own.

uniforms_1999.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI, the new rendering is much more accurate, after seeing the shirt firsthand. Also, Wrigley will not be the sponsor, but it may be awhile still before that process is complete.

adidas0809.gif

*raises hand*

Will Chicago put its wordmark in place of a sponsor until a deal is done on the shirt sponsor?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Will Chicago put its wordmark in place of a sponsor until a deal is done on the shirt sponsor?
My understanding is no. I actually prefer the look without the wordmark or sponsor -- but we're not likely to see it anyhow. Expectation is the sponsorship is still done by the kickoff to the season.

Anyone catch highlights of the Wigan vs Newcastle match? Wigan wore their home kit as they were entitled. So what do Newcastle wear against a team in blue and white striped shirts and blue shorts? Well their blue away kit is out, and their blue and white striped third shirt is definitely out.... so they wore black and white stripes with black shorts. The socks were different but honestly it was tough work picking out the players if their fronts faced the camera as all you saw was the stripes blending into one another.

Actually surprised the referee didn't force a change, but he probably didn't have a lot of options. Newcastle I'm sure have white shorts that might have helped?

liverpool-1.png

I just saw some pics of the new Brazil away kit for 08/09. Make your own judgments:

l_3f3fa20bb2226b2016498e07996d20f8.jpg

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Beautiful Brazil kit... I don't even remember what their most recent change kit looked like, I don't recall it ever being worn.

Take the home kit and replace all the yellow with blue and all the green with white. White shorts with blue socks.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Here's the new France away shirt for 08/09. It's not yet official, but I definitely prefer it to their previous away shirt and their current home shirt. I think I'm gonna have to pick one of these bad boys up when it's released.

new%20france%20away%20adidas%20shirt%200809%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Puma seems to have debuted many of their new home shirts. The ones that I've so far are:

Italy:

new%20italy%20jersey%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Morocco:

new%20moroco%20home%20shirt%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Senegal:

new%20senegal%20home%20shirt%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Ghana:

new%20ghana%20home%20shirt%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Cameroon:

new%20cameroon%20home%20shirt%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

More to come....

Here are the remaining Puma home kits that were recently debuted:

Tunisia:

tunisia%20home%20home%200809%20puma%20anc%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Ivory Coast:

ivory%20coast%20home%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

In addition, I've found some images of Croatia's new home shirt for Euro 2008. I definitely prefer their away shirt, personally. Judge for yourselves:

l_36a8915ab0b8264d3043c889d9e73e6a.jpg

l_64b0dee90a314809a17c9e86b40266eb.jpg

l_5e9e8ddc8a02943a07e33a2b7a3d19cb.jpg

Here are the remaining Puma home kits that were recently debuted:

Tunisia:

tunisia%20home%20home%200809%20puma%20anc%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Ivory Coast:

ivory%20coast%20home%200809%20puma%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

In addition, I've found some images of Croatia's new home shirt for Euro 2008. I definitely prefer their away shirt, personally. Judge for yourselves:

l_36a8915ab0b8264d3043c889d9e73e6a.jpg

l_64b0dee90a314809a17c9e86b40266eb.jpg

l_5e9e8ddc8a02943a07e33a2b7a3d19cb.jpg

Wow...I'm really not liking how that red outline where the numbers would go looks.

Croatia needs to stick with the full white bib on the back of their kits. Any other way looks (more) obnoxious.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Here's the new France away shirt for 08/09. It's not yet official, but I definitely prefer it to their previous away shirt and their current home shirt. I think I'm gonna have to pick one of these bad boys up when it's released.

new%20france%20away%20adidas%20shirt%200809%20www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

Just remove the blue from the stripes, maybe change the sublimated pattern on the front... Liverpool home shirt 2008/10?

liverpool-1.png

Hmmm, maybe. I'd also say slap a white stripe across and we have the Fire's home shirt which is already confirmed. I think this is the best looking design for adidas' teams this season. Does anyone have a picture of the shorts? The shirt looks good but even the Reds deserve better shorts then what Newcastle got stiffed with.

The one bad thing about these Puma shirts is they will have an ugly number font slapped on them. I agree with gettinf rid of the Puma's on the shoulders, either slide them to the sleeves or take them off altogether.

As for Croatia, didn't their last kit have the box for the numbers as well? I think this is because UEFA wants to see numbers more clearly otherwise it wouldn't be there

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived