new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, Didn't someone say to be on the lookout for somthing big from the US Soccer kit. I wonder if they meant the away kit(highly unlikely if this is legit) or just the material being used. I agree the racing stripe needs to stay.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

having seen the 08/09 Chicago Fire shirt - it's the same template as the new Germany shirt and is about a ten-times upgrade over the current uniform. Much, much cleaner and more in line with our traditional style. Larger, embroidered badge as well, no more tiny flocked crap. The one I saw lacked a championship star as well, maybe they stood up to the league's mandate.

The US kit will be unleashed next month... :spideysense:

I love that NFL Pro Set card image. "Jankovich to fix Pats", that was the one all the kids were after, i'm sure. And he did a bang up job doing so...

thanks leeds...his hiring of Dick MacPherson was perhaps the single greatest move in Patriots history. :upside:

having seen the 08/09 Chicago Fire shirt - it's the same template as the new Germany shirt and is about a ten-times upgrade over the current uniform. Much, much cleaner and more in line with our traditional style. Larger, embroidered badge as well, no more tiny flocked crap. The one I saw lacked a championship star as well, maybe they stood up to the league's mandate.

A refresher so you dont have to look it up:

Germany-08.jpg

That sounds great. Can you tell me if its a solid white/red stripe, or multi colored (black or blue lines maybe?) like Germany's?

Solid white. The badge is about the same placement and size as Germany's but the stripe is lower, not level like Germany's. It's also a separate panel sewn into the shirt.

The stripe was blank, ready for a new shirt sponsor due next season. If there is no sponsor the stripe will remain blank until there is. The FIRE wordmark that was on the shirt front has been moved to the back collar, like on the PUMA shirts.

Solid white. The badge is about the same placement and size as Germany's but the stripe is lower, not level like Germany's. It's also a separate panel sewn into the shirt.

The stripe was blank, ready for a new shirt sponsor due next season. If there is no sponsor the stripe will remain blank until there is. The FIRE wordmark that was on the shirt front has been moved to the back collar, like on the PUMA shirts.

Any idea on when these (or any other MLS kits) will be unveiled?

This just in: one of my favorite blogs, footballshirtculture.com, has acquired a picture of the new Germany away shirt to be worn during Euro 2008.

adidas%20germany%20away%20shirt%200809www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

To me, the cut makes the shirt look like a women's team jersey. I wonder where the inevitable chest numbers will go?

PS: I apologize in advance if this image falls into the 'leaked-images-that-can-lose-everyone's-connections' categories. Mods, feel free to remove this image of it's taboo.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Germany needs to go back to green aways.

That is all.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That is all.

Absolutely true. They've never looked right in anything else. It was simple and iconic.

liverpool-1.png

That is all.

And yea, the great koizim spoke from on high, and said, "Let it be so."

Amen.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

This image was on the first page of the kit thread on bigsoccer...

65815973_o.jpg

Matches the description spot on, with the exception of the championship star.

Archived