Best goals in Hockey History

josh_cat_eyes

Whats your favorite NHL Goal? What do you think is the best all time. I found a top ten and top 20 list and added 2 of crosbys goals this season. Personally I think that the Ovechkin goal against Joseph is pretty sweet but I'm not much of a fan of his so I dont know what goal I like the best. What do you think is the best goal?

http://hockeyhype.wordpress.com/2007/02/16...ls-of-all-time/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Muu2sFkh6k

http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals

http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals

OH the ones from NHL.com might have a beer comercial before it so just let it play through to see the goal.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I think you may need to "qualify" the question.

Most exciting from a skills stand point could be way different than exciting to watch as a fan for its importance to your team's success (i.e. Overtime, heartbreaking, etc.)

From a skills standpoint?

Crosby HotDogging Lacrosse move in Junior is way up there with Ovechkin's flat on his face.

Value and excitment?

Jacques Lemaire goes end-to-end in 1977(???) playoffs?

Pat Lafontaine's against Washington in 1987 is awesome, cos it's almost a fluke goal.

Speaking of Fluke, how about Steve Smith's own net - or should I say Grant Fuhr'd own net (he IS responsible for that goal)

Brett Hull's skate in the crease in 99?

Of of my favourite remains Nikolai Borschevsky's in 1993,

and 1985's Game 7 goal by Peter Stastny against the Habs.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

For one thing, it was Brian Boucher that Ovechkin scores that over-rated goal against. It was a complete fluke of a goal because everybody, even Ovechkin, was out of position and he happens to just flick it in the right direction.

Another goal I was never a fan of was that Bobby Orr goal from the 1970 Cup Finals...you know the one. I understand the significance in that it won the Stanley Cup, but there doesn't seem to be any special skill wise about it. Hell, even that goal of Carney-to-Rucchin in Game 4 of the 2003 Detroit-Anaheim series was even more impressive than Orr's goal. It's that picture of him flying through the air that makes it more distinguished.

Probably one of the best goals I've seen in recent years was the one where Jonathan Cheechoo beats a goalie by shooting from behind between his own legs. Marek Malik did the same thing in a shootout last year, but Cheechoo was better because he wasn't alone.

The best goal I've even seen, if it is the flukiest of the flukiest, is one I found in a hockey highlight video I own. A player is coming up the side boards at center ice and shoots the puck towards the opposite corner, possibly to get off on a line change, and the goalie goes out of his net to go behind it and play. The puck hits the skate of the lone defender who's standing at the bottom of the face-off circle. It then goes straight across the ice and hits the skate of the other lone defender who's standing at the top of the other face off circle, and goes straight into the empty net. It's hilarious to watch.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think you may need to "qualify" the question.

Most exciting from a skills stand point could be way different than exciting to watch as a fan for its importance to your team's success (i.e. Overtime, heartbreaking, etc.)

Just what are some awesome goals. And what do people think is "the best". I will leave it up to you guys to determine what "the best" is.

Roger...that would be a pretty funny goal to watch :P

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Well, Red Wings bias here, but they're good to see.

First off, he's my favorite player. Plus, the move he makes around Niinimaa is quite impressive, considering he's Darren McCarty(a guy who doesn't have a point this season, although he's been injured since Christmas). Although Detroit swept the Flyers, it's still a cup-clincher.

Datsyuk - TurcOWNED

Well, one of the best goalies in the league made to look ridiculous. Datsyuk's stickhandling's just unbelievably smooth...I can't stickhandle for crap, but the backhand toedrag works so well if you can pull it off.

I don't think I'd even seen this goal before I did some searching, but wow, impressive. It was his 400th goal, according to the video below.

ESPN's top 10 Goals of all-time

Came across this guy as I was searching for the one I want. I'm in a bit of disagreement with the selection, but all nice goals regardless. The Afinogenov one is just disgusting. Granted it was just a lucky bounce of the puck, but it's just so quick and seems almost intentional. I'm not that impressed with the Lemieux one, personally. He had the goalie beat before he fell.

Top 10 Yzerman Goals

Finally found it! Of course, it's the #1 on the list - the snipe from the blue line against the Blues. Good shot of Paul Ysabaert in there as well.

Evgeni Malkin vs. the Devils

More nice stickhandling...I'm more of a quick wristshot kinda guy, but hey, these guys who can stickhandle are impressive. I wish I could find a video of Malkin's slapshot from basically the goal line from a few weeks ago. That angle was crazy.

Effort

One of the best efforts to score I have ever seen was this year between UND and Minnesota. WCHA Championship Game and in OT. Mabye not the best skill but it was great.

Fluke

Here is a fluke one also in a game with UND and Minnesota this year.

Homer

Maxim Afinogenov just WOW!!

My Favorite Goal Ever

Jason Pominville made Alfredsson and Emery look like fools.

saBS.png

I'm not watching the videos links but....

has anyone mentioned Lemieux's where he is driving the net being hung on, loses the puck in his feet, reaches around between his legs (still tied up mind you) and then roofs it?

Ridiculous. Forget the concentation or dexterity.....I don't know how you can roof a puck when you can't lift the stick more than 3" because its' between your legs.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Here is THE goal by THE best player in NHL history:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NXrswWuDjTI

Here is possibly the greatest goal in Hockey history:

As much as it pains me to say, this goal was great. Seeing as who it was against:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6QOxEWYnbg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I always remember the goal made by a guy that got the puck, skated forward, pointed to the goalie as saying "I'm going to score one to you" and then made the goal!!!

That was very funny. But I lost his name (it was in a NHL game).

As the best remembered goal (not necessarily the best goal) is the one for USA against the late USSR in the 1980 Olympics.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I always remember the goal made by a guy that got the puck, skated forward, pointed to the goalie as saying "I'm going to score one to you" and then made the goal!!!

That was Owen Nolan at the 1997 NHL All Star Game in San Jose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSb_5PHRb1w

Considering this was an important game (that in the end, alas, only delayed an inevitable fate for a tired team and a dynasty), this goal is near and dear to my heart. The walls of the old building shook that night, and alas this goal was probably the last good thing to happen to the flyers for a decade.

Apologies for the low volume.

philly.png

Of of my favourite remains Nikolai Borschevsky's in 1993,

Yes sir! A Timeless goal that will never be forgotten by Leafs fans. :D Was just discussing that goal today in class and the teacher couldn't believe I remember it as I was only 2. It's one of my earliest memories.

untitled-6.jpg

I love how some guy jacked my video (it's the 1st one on the list next to it, the "Owen Nolan at the 1997 all star game") just so he could put that one goal up. It's obviously the same clip as mine.

Yeaaah, this same one!!! Owen Nolan. What a cocky, funny goal!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Before anyone post any I would like to say I don't think shootout goals should count. For 2 reasons:

1. They actually don't count as goals, the player does not get credit for a goal.

2. There is no defenders on the ice. It's easier to make a fancy move when there is no defensemen bearing down on you.

Archived