new Oregon State football uniforms

bowld

Turns out they aren't bras after all. Upgrade.

112-2616_detail.JPG

112-2616B_detail.JPG

112-2616O_detail.JPG

It looks like they flopped around the materials with the mesh being on the sleeves and sides and the usual dazzle shoulder material on the rest of the jersey, which is the opposite of what is usually seen. Couldn't that make it less breathable, and I wouldn't want to be playing in the black jersey at home on a sunny day in September if that's the case.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the replicas, yes, that's dazzle nylon.

But for what's worn on-field, it's not dazzle - it's one of those proprietary stretchy moisture-wicking fabrics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Did someone holler for a new concept post?

I'll get right on it!!! :D

Naw--seriously though, whose idea was this??? I mean...the numbers are bad enough; this jersey design is BEYOND atrocious.

I seriously think Phil Knight paid somebody off to make sure OS (since that's what they're "branding themselves as") had a more ridiculous look than his boys at the U of O...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

looks like arena league jerseys

It's cute how the uninformed still use that as an insult.

It's not 1991, and these aren't Zubaz. Moving on.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

RPYXZHKEPMCTZUS.20070427201923.jpg

Yikes.

VXNXUUFAHVTVSUV.20070427201802.jpg

Turns out they do kind of look like bras. I was wrong - it's a downgrade. Too many weird things going on. I like the pants and the number font though. If they just made a solid one color jersey with no piping and the shoulder numbers as is it would be a good look.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

looks like arena league jerseys

It's cute how the uninformed still use that as an insult.

It's not 1991, and these aren't Zubaz. Moving on.

Oh get over yourself. The poor guy didn't say anything out of line, and yeah, they do look like arena jerseys. They have the stench of Arena-esque gaudiness all over them.

i'm telling y'all...Phil Knight PAID SOMEBODY OFF AT OS!!!

That is just atrocious...and that's giving them a compliment.

"Oh lookie..we have two diferent color shoes!!!"

And yeah...Imma DEFINITELY have to get the pot that is my brain stirring on a concept for this mess...stay tuned.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Say what you will about liking or disliking but at least they have their own uniforms and not a Miami ripoff.

Touche...you do have a very valid point.

I also don't think we'll have to worry about any team trying to copy this look...at least I HOPE not...cuz that whole Superman cape thing just ain't getting it. Neither is any of the rest of it.

RPYXZHKEPMCTZUS.20070427201923.jpg

Yikes.

VXNXUUFAHVTVSUV.20070427201802.jpg

Turns out they do kind of look like bras. I was wrong - it's a downgrade. Too many weird things going on. I like the pants and the number font though. If they just made a solid one color jersey with no piping and the shoulder numbers as is it would be a good look.

For the second time in less than an hour, I am highly dissappointed in a football uniform.

So this is the reward OS gets for being the first Pac-10 team to beat USC in forever: Nike coming in and smacking them upside the head with that. Ugalyyy.

Still better than that crap Oregon has.

Still better than that crap Oregon has.

So is what I just flushed down the terlet, but I ain't braggin'. :P

As much as I like the conspiracy theories about Phil Knight sabotaging OS(U), we couldn't prove it even if we're right.

This is another one of those "looked great on paper, looks like :censored: when worn in real life" concepts. The contrast color triangles probably looked OK, but once stretched across the oversized bodies of some linemen, it looks like a bra that's woefully undersized for what it's supporting.

And calling these Arena-league uniforms is outdated and misguided. If anything, Russell homogenized the AFL when they took over this year. A lot of teams lost a lot of unique elements when Russell redid many of the uniforms. They're anything but gaudy at this point, and far better looking than the trash being worn by Oregon athletes.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived