New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if I like the white pants for FSU. I usually like FSU in gold pants with the Chief on the hip.

Why are both Clemson and Florida State wearing a black patch?

I think the patch would be for Virginia Tech, it's probably an ACC thing.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

For the past couple years, Florida State has trotted out in white top/bottoms for their first road games of the season. Not too bad of a look...I believe that'll be a more common combo moving forward. The stripes could use some thickening, maybe some gold inside the garnet...and that hip patch looks like it's a good bit lower than usual.

As I type this...my boys FINALLY score some points (a field goal). So far my beloved 'Noles done been gettin beat the f*** down. Conquered...and it's hurtin' me to my heart. Damn it...

I also see FSU has a new jersey template this year. New typography on the nameplates...and the same jersey cut Oregon uses. And it's making them look like they're running around in a bunch of see-thru t-shirts. I don't like those things at all. And is it me or does Drew Weatherford's #11 look like it's kerned tight as hell on his jersey?

(Clemson just ran another punt back for like 52 yards...this is getting beyond ridiculous.)

Back to the jerseys...FSU could stand to use a new fabric and TACKLE-TWILL numbers like YESTERDAY...if the U of Florida can use it for their jerseys, why the hell can't we?

[shameless promotional ploy]concepts for BOTH schools coming soon in my U-N-I-VER-SI-TIES series...[/shameless promotional ploy]

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is it just me sobering up from the long weekend or does FSU and Clemson have a pearl like sheen to their helmets not a basic sold color gloss or teh metal-flake that has been the recent rage?

Dump the Clemson piping and we have a great uni-match up tonite

RobbyBox2.jpg

Is it just me sobering up from the long weekend or does FSU and Clemson have a pearl like sheen to their helmets not a basic sold color gloss or teh metal-flake that has been the recent rage?

Dump the Clemson piping and we have a great uni-match up tonite

FSU has a metallic glossy finish to their helmets on top of the basic gold paint, and Clemson has a pearl sheen to the orange paint on their helmets.

For the past couple years, Florida State has trotted out in white top/bottoms for their first road games of the season. The stripes could use some thickening, maybe some gold inside the garnet...and that hip patch looks like it's a good bit lower than usual.

I agree with you about the stripes. I also have noticed that FSU has been wearing this combo the last few years, but did you hear the announcer say this is the first time since '88 they are in all white?

KISSwall09.jpg

For the past couple years, Florida State has trotted out in white top/bottoms for their first road games of the season. The stripes could use some thickening, maybe some gold inside the garnet...and that hip patch looks like it's a good bit lower than usual.

I agree with you about the stripes. I also have noticed that FSU has been wearing this combo the last few years, but did you hear the announcer say this is the first time since '88 they are in all white?

Yes I did...and I almost threw something through the TV. People who have no knowledge of which they speak...

...and this FSU all-white look thing goes back at least to 2003. Anyone want the video proof?

Check out a clip from

to open FSU's 2003 season. *WARNING TO ALL TAR HEEL FANS: THE PRECEDING CLIP MAY BE A LITTLE TOUGH TO WATCH...*

Makes me long for the better days at Florida State...

*EDIT: they've also worn these white pants for several home games, such as

against Miami (in which an unsuspecting Sean Taylor is the victim)...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Check out a clip from
to open FSU's 2003 season. *WARNING TO ALL TAR HEEL FANS: THE PRECEDING CLIP MAY BE A LITTLE TOUGH TO WATCH...*

Aw man...

But, I wish UNC would wear the light blue jersey and pants again.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yes I did...and I almost threw something through the TV. People who have no knowledge of which they speak...

...and this FSU all-white look thing goes back at least to 2003. Anyone want the video proof?

Check out a clip from

Makes me long for the better days at Florida State...

Sigh . . . I was at that game, and remember that play well. The sound quality really doesn't do that hit justice. But despite that association, I must admit that I love the Seminoles' all white look. Maybe it's because it helped put an end to the monochrome blues.

If the Buff's wore gold pants with that...

:woot::shocked:

Amen. Gold pants would look soo much better.

S0603BUFFS17_t600.JPG

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived