New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

I don't mind the use of a spear. I'll even suspend my disbelief and buy into the idea that a Viking somewhere, at some point threw a spear. I'm even indifferent to the crackle texture. What I cannot stand, however, is the little tribal tattoo design. That sends it from being something potentially cool into WWE world.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Better look at the portland state helmet:

1042664751_cc42c2b7bc_o.jpg

Looks like the tattoo that was cool to have on your biceps about 20 years ago. You see, the thing about tattoos is...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I don't mind the use of a spear. I'll even suspend my disbelief and buy into the idea that a Viking somewhere, at some point threw a spear.

You shouldn't have to suspend your disbelief and buy into something that is inarguably true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/vikin...eapons_03.shtml

Just because you picture them differently does not make it so.

Bill Goldberg called. He wants his tribal band tatt back.

Every third guy on my high school football team and half the guys at my gym called; they want their tattoos back.

HA!

If you guys are bored one day....go to Youtube and find George Carlin's routine on arm tatoos and the "jerkoffs" (as he so gloriously dubs them) that have them. absolutely priceless.

For all you consistency fanatics out there, I give you Kansas.

I actually don't mind that the Tigers and Yankees have different cap logos and uniform logos.

Kansas looks less generic now, so it's a good change, imho.

The thing is, Kansas had a chance to unify all their uniforms AND hold onto the most iconic part of any of their teams' uniforms - the Western style font from the basketball uniforms. That was as instantly recognizable as Texas wearing burnt orange. Put the Jayhawk on the helmet, go with the Western font for the numbers, and voilà! - there's your KU football uniform. It wouldn't be generic, it wouldn't be as dainty as using Trajan for your numbers or wordmark, and it would unequivocally scream "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!"

Noble idea, but they passed up the obvious answer for a stupid one.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

For all you consistency fanatics out there, I give you Kansas.

I actually don't mind that the Tigers and Yankees have different cap logos and uniform logos.

Kansas looks less generic now, so it's a good change, imho.

The thing is, Kansas had a chance to unify all their uniforms AND hold onto the most iconic part of any of their teams' uniforms - the Western style font from the basketball uniforms. That was as instantly recognizable as Texas wearing burnt orange. Put the Jayhawk on the helmet, go with the Western font for the numbers, and voilà! - there's your KU football uniform. It wouldn't be generic, it wouldn't be as dainty as using Trajan for your numbers or wordmark, and it would unequivocally scream "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!"

Noble idea, but they passed up the obvious answer for a stupid one.

I prefer the western font too. But you can't name another football team using Trajan, can you?

Everyone loves a roundel.

New Boston College uniforms. Key changes: eagle head on sleeve (instead of spread winged eagle - a downgrade imo), BC logo on collar (instead of eagle head), no more stripe on sleeve cuff, gold numerals on maroon shirt, return of stripes on pants, removal of black trim from numbers, addition of TV numbers on shoulders, introduction of white pants, and, apparently, no more maroon pants.

capt.e99f25f8be564840a0fd916d11bd804c.boston_college_media_day_maea105.jpg

capt.6ac294dd97f942f9891c7fd63fea11cd.boston_college_media_day_maea106.jpg

capt.03ad454d29d6412cbbbf36eba0d8bf51.boston_college_media_day_maea104.jpg

Old uniforms for comparison:

1077517688_a759c53205_o.jpg

boston%20college%20kick%20sealed%20a%2025-24%20victory%20in%20the%20meinke%20car%20care%20bowl.jpg

I like both the addition of the orange jersey and pants. Hopefully they don't go all-orange when they open up against Mizzou again, that was their worst look.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

New Boston College uniforms. Key changes: eagle head on sleeve (instead of spread winged eagle - a downgrade imo), BC logo on collar (instead of eagle head), no more stripe on sleeve cuff, gold numerals on maroon shirt, return of stripes on pants, removal of black trim from numbers, addition of TV numbers on shoulders, introduction of white pants, and, apparently, no more maroon pants.

And still they insist on forcing the worst font in all of sports down our throats. Italicized and overstylized in the name of being unique is a bad gamble, BC. I actually like the other things they've done - the gold numbers look good, and I am always for ridding the world of superfluous black accents whenever possible. The white pants I could take or leave, but I do like the striping. But until BC gives up on that hideous font, they'll never have good-looking uniforms IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And still they insist on forcing the worst font in all of sports down our throats. Italicized and overstylized in the name of being unique is a bad gamble, BC. I actually like the other things they've done - the gold numbers look good, and I am always for ridding the world of superfluous black accents whenever possible. The white pants I could take or leave, but I do like the striping. But until BC gives up on that hideous font, they'll never have good-looking uniforms IMO.

Agreed. Their font is garbage.

Big downgrade this year. They're looking more and more like FSU in my opinion. I actually liked the white numbers on Maroon because it broke up the visual orgy of gold and maroon. I do like the fact that they got rid of the maroon pants though. Never quite liked the look on them.

ILL: Pipe-a-pallooza. Nike pipes pic, please?

I never have paid a lot of attention to the Illini, so I'm guessing from the lack of outrage that these templates and inserts aren't new, but still. Ick.

I suppose it's possible that it could be worse, in this era of templates. No diamond print, vertical striping, or black. They look like Illinois...but badly designed ILL.

BC: Plummeted. To me the gold numbers on are very hard to read, esp when compared to the white. The spread-wings logo on the shoulder/sleeve looked much better and screamed BCFB. The smaller and relocated hip logo is a step backwards. The lack of off-colored collars takes some professionality away, and combined with the untrimmed numbers (or barely/pointlessly trimmed, as I can't really tell anything but the white around the gold #'s at this distance, much less from far away) just makes things look plain. Sure I'm in the minority, but the multiple strokes on the numbers looked classy to me.

TV numbers? Yeah, that's okay. Pants striping? Can't see if there was any on the old pants, other than none on the scrapped maroon; new stripes look decent. And the white pants? Well, I'm not a fan of monochrome, but it's a pretty clean look. I liked the white-over-maroon look, but the maroon pants just don't mesh with the iconic gold helmets.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Tulane unveiled their new uniforms for 2007,MAJOR upgrade imo.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/school...nal/986689.jpeg

Tried to post this a bit ago but it didn't go through.

Not a big fan of the letter and number trim on the top, and the numbers are a bit large, but those are just minor complaints.

Top looks good. Pants are pure class. I love the stripes, and that state-outline alt logo is PIMP.

Overall, a very nice home set. Might give it a B just because of the text-trim clutter...but as I've been so negative lately, I'll give them an A-. :D

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I have to say this, Bob Toledo knows what football uniforms should look like. Good job on giving Tulane a cleaner look. I just wonder if it's lighting with those outlines on the numbers and the "Tulane", because it looks lighter than the striping on the pants and sleeves. I wonder if it's like a metallic thread.

Archived