New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

I am a huge K-state fan and ran into several former KSU players at an alumni function a few weeks ago. They are very ticked about Coach Prince changing the traditional uniform we have had since 1989. To a man, the word is Prince is intent on changing anything that Bill Snyder is known for and doing things simply to be different. My hunch is when Prince departs and a real K-State guy takes over (SMU Coach Phil Bennett is said to be the guy Coach Snyder personally asked KSU to hire when he retired) we will see the KSU look return. Tomorrow is fan appreciation day, so the new unies might be on display.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I have so many opinions on all these I don't know where to start.

MSU: Like the back-Trojan & NOB, hate the front name font and placement. Helmet stripe? Solid.

Tulsa: FAIL.

Kansas: Reserving judgement till I see the full look.

Colorado: I like it, honestly, echoing what has been said (positively) before.

UNC: Jerseys are good, though the blue looks a little off to me (may be my monitor), but the pants are funky. Broncos swoosh stripe doesn't work...I'd prefer a thin double vertical myself.

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

Middle Tennessee State switched to Nike last year, the USC template in blue and white with silver accents. What bothers me is that they almost always went monocrome, when their rare uses of the different color pants looked so much better. And I'd love to see silver pants to match the silver helmets (the only thing that doesn't seem to change every season other than the color scheme), but I doubt it.

I haven't heard anything uniform related that I know of, but as it's Middle I would be willing to bet we will have new jerseys again. Fan Day is August 12th, so we'll see. I'd love to see something more retro, like an old OVC set we had...basic blue with block numbers, with wide gray horizontal sleeve stripes separated by thin white ones (if memory serves), with a 2d side view of the helmet as an alt logo on the stripes.

We've been all over the map lately, so it could be anything. However, I'd almost be satisfied if Fan Day passes and I'm wrong--meaning we actually kept a set...and it doesn't have much piping!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Middle Tennessee State switched to Nike last year, the USC template in blue and white with silver accents. What bothers me is that they almost always went monocrome, when their rare uses of the different color pants looked so much better. And I'd love to see silver pants to match the silver helmets (the only thing that doesn't seem to change every season other than the color scheme), but I doubt it.

I haven't heard anything uniform related that I know of, but as it's Middle I would be willing to bet we will have new jerseys again. Fan Day is August 12th, so we'll see. I'd love to see something more retro, like an old OVC set we had...basic blue with block numbers, with wide gray horizontal sleeve stripes separated by thin white ones (if memory serves), with a 2d side view of the helmet as an alt logo on the stripes.

We've been all over the map lately, so it could be anything. However, I'd almost be satisfied if Fan Day passes and I'm wrong--meaning we actually kept a set...and it doesn't have much piping!

Plus it would be really cool if they bring back the blue face masks too.

31634259.jpg

Miami Hurricanes

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Plus it would be really cool if they bring back the blue face masks too.

Amen, bro. I didn't even pay attention to that until I read your post.

I looked it up, and saw the cages were silver. When I thought about it after seeing that...I remembered i"d seen it before, even in graphics. It just never really registered. Thanks.

So yes, the blue facemasks are definitely needed.

(And how hard would it be to get an alt logo (other than the never-used "RAIDERS" wordmark? I don't really count the quasi-official website lightning bolt either.)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

I'm a little surprised that K-State's pants are virtually unchanged. I was dreading that the traditional stripes might be gone, or some unnecessary black trim would be added. I still prefer the two stripes on the sleeves for KSU, but these look solid just as long as they don't mess with the helmet.

Here are a couple more angles...

TPBVWQSYDDFLFPW.20070805003247.jpg

EQIKEGLUSDWKVYA.20070805003431.jpg

UFOLNOCEWXREUHL.20070805003548.jpg

IDK about the Band-Aid...but those do look pretty solid. Especially when the sleeves are rolled up so you can't see the funky detail.

I miss the stripes, but at least this look is clean and un-Nike-like.

And if the 'cats do well this season, the team has a built in nickname...the Boo-Boo Boys! <_<

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

This looks EXACTLY like South Lake Carrol - where Todd Dodge coached until this year...

well, not EXACTLY.

SLC wore black pants with no piping.

there was no piping under the arms and over the names in the back.

helmet striping was reversed

Cage is black instead of Green

Numbers are green trimmed in black instead of the opposite.

so essentially, the base colors and the piping running up to the neck are the same. the rest is well, different. but thanks for playing.

newton.jpg

though, you would expect some similarities to have been there. Dodge played a part in designing both unis with UA.

This looks EXACTLY like South Lake Carrol - where Todd Dodge coached until this year...

well, not EXACTLY.

SLC wore black pants with no piping.

there was no piping under the arms and over the names in the back.

helmet striping was reversed

Cage is black instead of Green

Numbers are green trimmed in black instead of the opposite.

so essentially, the base colors and the piping running up to the neck are the same. the rest is well, different. but thanks for playing.

newton.jpg

though, you would expect some similarities to have been there. Dodge played a part in designing both unis with UA.

Same putried green, funky piping... close enough.

Both are ugly in my opinion

Actually those North Texas uniforms are EXACTLY like South Carolina's...minus the shoulder stripes. Everything else, including the number font, is identical. I wished they would have waited awhile before using the template on another team but oh well.

They haven't worn the golds since the late, mid 80's. It was also closer to the banana gold rather than the gold of today.

Oh I see.

I hope they wear them with the white pants they have. They'd look classy, and better than an all-gold look or a gold-red look.

Archived