New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

Someone get this guy some Under Armor logos for his socks. If UA is going to get their monies worth, we better see more than 5 logos on a uniform in every picture. :P

WhiteJersey.jpg

It's there. The logo is on the back of the sock. Which means if they're going to have UA socks and wristbands, there is going to be double digit UA logos from head to toe. Other than that I think the uniforms look alright.

Let's just worry about getting this guy some underarmour, then we can worry about the logo placement. :P

The fabric over his torso looks lighter, like its mesh. Good thing he wasn't wearing #1 or we would have been able to see his nipples. No thank you.

Everyone loves a roundel.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Portland State Uniforms:

newuniforms.jpg

and a rather unique helmet:

helmetweb.jpg

ugh no dark green ANYWHERE on those??......wow what a complete crapolia of a uni

Is it true Jerry Glanville is their coach? He's a tool. I mean, what does that stuff have to do with the green and white Portland State Viking? I'd love to see him at Tennessee or Texas where they'd tell him to blow it out his ear. He'd likely not take the job anyway if he couldn't control the unis.

And there was a note about $89,000 and Kansas. What did that money buy? That wasn't just design fees, I take it.

What a heartbreaking step in the wrong direction. God help them if they don't switch back to the machine font in 2-3 seasons.

The University "rebranded" itself to connect the athletic and academic identities. The university was desperately in need of consistent mark on campus as there were many variations. Though for the athletic identity, essentially they tweaked the colors to a brighter blue and changed the typeface on the Jayhawk logo to Trajan with an extended leg on the K.

KU-2.5.jpg

The kicker though...a university called Kutztown University already uses Trajan.

crit_ku_logo.gif

Like the photo says, one of the other 4 finalist for Kansas' new logo was even more similar to Kutztown.

This is really a touchy subject for me because I'm a graphic design student at KU and the University never once approached our department for input. Instead they went to some marketing company in Oregon who also did Oregon State's athletic identity recently. Now the Kansas trying to include the Trajan type on all university uniforms, including basketball. The basketball team's trademark "circus" typeface for the past 25 years will be no more. It's a shame because as much as I like Trajan, it does not fit an athletic identity.

I like Kansas's new helmet and look, but it's completely unnecessary. Those Portland State unis are awful. They look straight out of All Pro Football 2K8.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

helmet_t640.jpg

murphy_front_t640.jpg

greene_back_t640.jpg

If KU is going to pay $89,000 for basically the Trajan typeface, we could atleast use it on the names...

that's wat im sayin!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Portland State's unis do look like something out of the create a team feature in a video game, and that's not a good thing. Well at least I have another reason to go to the SDSU game against PSU so I see these unis in action.

sig.jpg

If the 2007 Nike Replicas are any indication, it looks like BYU is adding the proverbial unnecessary collar insert this year.

88227835733.jpg

BYU Bookstore - 2007 BYU Replica Jersey

It's the negative image of the oval-Y logo. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate that negative image? For some reason, my eye sees the white oval and not the blue Y in the middle. Ever since they reintroduced the retro uniforms, that stupid negative image of the oval-Y has always popped up (Nike is the main culprit, though other have also followed). During the glory years, the oval-Y was always blue oval, white Y. I think using the negative image dilutes BYU's identity package. You never ever see the Packers G logo in any color scheme other than green oval, white G or the 49ers logo with a red oval, and white SF.

If the logo must be on a blue background, isn't this:

BYU-Helmet3.jpg

better than this:

BYU-Helmet2.jpg

I'm obviously a huge Cougar fan, but I hereby vow to never purchase an item of BYU apparel adorned with the negative oval-Y logo.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

For all you consistency fanatics out there, I give you Kansas.

I actually don't mind that the Tigers and Yankees have different cap logos and uniform logos.

Kansas looks less generic now, so it's a good change, imho.

Everyone loves a roundel.

New jersey for The Griz.

Edit: The image is the replica jersey. New uniforms to be unveiled August 23.

FF_146990_l.jpg

I was looking for a picture of Montana's old jerseys with the yellow helmet, and I came across this:

dave.jpg

Good. God.

These are slightly more bearable (pun intended):

griz6.jpg

Montana needs a consistent identity. The maroon and gray thing always bothered me as a WSU fan, and now they have a sleek looking uniform with the exception of that stupid double outline around the numbers. I hate those. I hope the rest of the jersey looks decent, but they should change to being maroon and gold. It's unique and it incorporates the past and the present of the Griz.

Montana was just copying these double-outlined numbers:

Cougunis.jpg

Yea, Washington State was the first team EVER to use a double-outline!

A Better look at the portland state helmet:

1042664751_cc42c2b7bc_o.jpg

I love that helmet, that is a great logo. Very original, but I don't think it looks like it should be for a team called the VIKINGS.

Same here. It would be great for Florida State and even the Kansas City Cheifs or Redskins.

I love that helmet, that is a great logo. Very original, but I don't think it looks like it should be for a team called the VIKINGS.

Same here. It would be great for Florida State and even the Kansas City Cheifs or Redskins.

Or how about Hawaii could possibly still fit the H on their too haha

brewerssig.jpg

The University "rebranded" itself to connect the athletic and academic identities. The university was desperately in need of consistent mark on campus as there were many variations. Though for the athletic identity, essentially they tweaked the colors to a brighter blue and changed the typeface on the Jayhawk logo to Trajan with an extended leg on the K.

This could be an interesting topic for a new thread. The University of Oregon also adopted the "O" as the single logo for the entire university. It is used in connection with all communication and media regarding the university as well as all letterhead, etc.

Is this a common habit?

Love it. My new favorite team. And I hate black unis but this is, well, awesome!

By the way, we recently had a "Viking Days" festival here in Seattle and there were a number of authentic spears that looked very similar to the one shown on the helmet. So, for me, the spear works just fine.

Bloody Hell! Ok, I'm blaming Nike. They've gone bonkers. I mean, I think a "spear" might've been cool lookin', but why does it have a gator-esque texture to it?

And is it just me, or does the shell of the helmet have a bass boat style glitter finish to it? (Ok, that would actually look pretty cool if it was done in, oh I don't know, green. :D)

Archived