New College Football Uniforms

tohasbo

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cover0820.wva.jpg

NOT pretty at all...definite downgrade

Did you see their unifoms last year? They would have to come out in potato sacks to be a downgrade. I like the new set. Its like they took the Bronco font and streamlined it.

Do the pants have stripes or are they solid?

it seems like they had to squeeze the number in there amongst all the slashes...it looks really small. Let's also not forget Steve Slaton's not exactly a big guy. Imagine how small those numbers will look on a lineman

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

New Boston College uniforms. Key changes: eagle head on sleeve (instead of spread winged eagle - a downgrade imo), BC logo on collar (instead of eagle head), no more stripe on sleeve cuff, gold numerals on maroon shirt, return of stripes on pants, removal of black trim from numbers, addition of TV numbers on shoulders, introduction of white pants, and, apparently, no more maroon pants.

And still they insist on forcing the worst font in all of sports down our throats. Italicized and overstylized in the name of being unique is a bad gamble, BC. I actually like the other things they've done - the gold numbers look good, and I am always for ridding the world of superfluous black accents whenever possible. The white pants I could take or leave, but I do like the striping. But until BC gives up on that hideous font, they'll never have good-looking uniforms IMO.

My friend from across the river - we usually see eye-to-eye on these matters, but I'm going to have to disagree 100% with you on this one. BC's old uniforms were in my personal group of the best college sets. I loved the colors, the modernized-spread-eagle logo, the stripeless pants (though a single stripe to match the helmet would have been better), the maroon pants on the road, and THE FONT! I have no real reason for liking it so much, other than I think it looks great on their uniforms, and makes it so you can instantly identify a uniform as being one of BC's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't know if these were posted before, but here are Western Kentucky's new football uniforms. They look a lot like those alternate Washington state uniforms from last year.

1170738390_3e3b84db6e.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Picture of the new Bowling Green helmet:

1300995.jpeg

Looks pretty good- clean and crisp and easily identifiable.

In itself, its a good helmet. However, I prefer logos over letters on helmets. For example, the Michigan State Spartan head vs. the block S. I really liked the BG bird logo on the helmet.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I didn't know if these were posted before, but here are Western Kentucky's new football uniforms. They look a lot like those alternate Washington state uniforms from last year.

I actually really like all of those uniforms. The grey basketball uniform looks a bit off from the set....something about it doesn't seem to completely fit but I love the idea of having a grey home uni.

1300995.jpeg

In itself, its a good helmet. However, I prefer logos over letters on helmets. For example, the Michigan State Spartan head vs. the block S. I really liked the BG bird logo on the helmet.

Ha ha, you must hate Ole Miss and North Texas' helmets, then.

I actually really like all of those uniforms. The grey basketball uniform looks a bit off from the set....something about it doesn't seem to completely fit but I love the idea of having a grey home uni.

I'm not wild about the football unis, but the basketball ones are awesome. Those are what I want Wazzu to have (minus the black).

Of course, this is Russell, so I'm sure the Wazzu basketball team will either keep our old Stanford-like unis or change to another lame design for the 1,667th time.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1300995.jpeg

Ha ha, you must hate Ole Miss and North Texas' helmets, then.

I hate the ole Miss helmet for much the same reason. I too perfer logos in general, unless you have generally associated a particular letter logo with a school, like Indiana Univ. Of course, they have fiddled around with theirs a lot. That said, I don't have a major problem with these BG helmets, but the BG bird logo was becoming a "brand" logo for me.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

1300995.jpeg

Man, I'm going to miss the old look. A school called Bowling Green whose colors are brown and orange and whose logo looks like an LT is just gloriously nonsensical.

New Bowling Green road jersey:

-5.jpg

I must say I am glad adidas didn't stick us with a complete template- I have not seen a two color shoulder quite like that on any other schools' uniforms. I like it, but I only wish it said BOWLING GREEN instead of FALCONS on the chest. Also, the number font is the unique BG font used in the word mark.

It replaces this road jersey:

ojacobs.jpg

This brown jersey, which has been an alternate top the last three seasons will be the full-time home jersey:

sheehan.jpg

You might say it is a USC knock-off and although it is the same template it is actually a replication of uni BG had in the 70s:

wright.jpg

fade.gif

-5.jpg

I must say I am glad adidas didn't stick us with a complete template- I have not seen a two color shoulder quite like that on any other schools' uniforms. I like it, but I only wish it said BOWLING GREEN instead of FALCONS on the chest. Also, the number font is the unique BG font used in the word mark.

ojacobs.jpg

This brown jersey, which has been an alternate top the last three seasons will be the full-time home jersey:

sheehan.jpg

You might say it is a USC knock-off and although it is the same template it is actually a replication of uni BG had in the 70s.

The brown home jersey would look even better if they added orange to the shoulder insert for a look like the road jersey.

-5.jpg

ojacobs.jpg

sheehan.jpg

You might say it is a USC knock-off and although it is the same template it is actually a replication of uni BG had in the 70s.

I think Akron has that style too. They changed up from looking like the St Louis Rams

The Adidas two-color fang template has been out for a few years now. I think that UAB may have been the first to use it. They use it on their black alternate jerseys.

Also, it looks like that Bowling Green has ordered just new road jerseys for this season. I won't be surprised if they order dark jerseys with the two-color inserts with the custom numbers for next season.

University of Tulsa's new jerseys...

999361452_3d68e674d9.jpg999361332_08c5e783fa.jpg

For comparison, here's TU's previous uniform set. It's a shame that these are being replaced by yet another Nike template job.

999361296_d9d3d9ee80_o.jpg

999361282_a23b2d669c.jpg

They're on ESPN2 as i type,and seeing the whole uniform.

MAJOR downgrade.

tulsa.jpg

Archived