Adidas, get outta here you!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Adidas logo isn't on any official NBA jerseys. But it is here, for blatant marketing purposes. smh

Just a general question, but do you guys find that people rip Nike far more than Adidas. IMO, Adidas is just as bad as Nike when it comes to ruining tradition, milking their brand and whoring themselves out.

Juventus.png

The Adidas logo isn't on any official NBA jerseys. But it is here, for blatant marketing purposes. smh

Just a general question, but do you guys find that people rip Nike far more than Adidas. IMO, Adidas is just as bad as Nike when it comes to ruining tradition, milking their brand and whoring themselves out.

I think people have more a problem with the teams (college and pro) who whore themselves out to Nike/Adidas/Reebok/Puma rathern than the company itself, which is just doing what companies are supposed to do: make the cream, the cash, dolla dolla bill y'all.

I'm more amazed that the horrid Wizards alts. were used...there are a handful of far better unis to put on the cover.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

if your company spent millions and millions of dollars to have their mark on sports uniforms, wouldn't you want them on there? just saying.....

and last time i checked Gilbert is an Adidas player.

They didn't spend millions to have their mark on the NBA uniforms. The NBA is the last league to not have a manufacturer's logo on the uniform. They spent millions to be the only on-court licensor. Adidas put the logo on the picture just for the cover. That's why we think its lame.

I love that Gilbert got the cover, and I think that putting the gold jersey makes sense because it will sell more than the blue jersey would have.

I'm more amazed that the horrid Wizards alts. were used...there are a handful of far better unis to put on the cover.

worst alternates in the league!!!!!!!

They're growin' on me. I like 'em.

And worst alts in the league are the Mavs' greens with the flouncy wordmark. Now that's bad.

And in today's sports scene, that's a helluva lot more important than whatever team you play for.

Anyone else find it funny this was written by someone's whose sigfile includes the Nike Swoosh logo?

Ever consider the fact that someone on this board might consider using the GD word offensive? Is that

really necessary? I don't see why I should have to read that.

I agree. I don't mind hearing the word every now and then and something like it may slip out of my mouth from time to time, but it seems tasteless to type it out and post on a forum- there are many other words that could've been used.

if your company spent millions and millions of dollars to have their mark on sports uniforms, wouldn't you want them on there? just saying.....

They didn't spend millions to have their mark on the NBA uniforms. The NBA is the last league to not have a manufacturer's logo on the uniform. They spent millions to be the only on-court licensor. Adidas put the logo on the picture just for the cover. That's why we think its lame.

I love that Gilbert got the cover, and I think that putting the gold jersey makes sense because it will sell more than the blue jersey would have.

I understand that the NBA is the only league that doesn't put the logo of the manufactuer on the uni, my point is that these companies spend plenty of money to have their mark seen on the apparel and when EA Sports decides to put said companies player on their cover then i'm sure they're gonna make sure their mark can be seen, especially since the NBA won't allow it on court, that's all.

If seeing "god damn" typed on a screen offends you, might I recommend getting off the Internet?

You have the right to be offended by whatever you want, but if we start censoring this board based on the personal religious values of what I am positive is a minority of people on this board, that's taking things way too far.

Ever consider the fact that someone on this board might consider using the GD word offensive? Is that

really necessary? I don't see why I should have to read that.

I agree. I don't mind hearing the word every now and then and something like it may slip out of my mouth from time to time, but it seems tasteless to type it out and post on a forum- there are many other words that could've been used.

I would complain to Chris about it. If he says he'll put a stop to it, good for you. If he says he's gonna let the phrase go, then you can decide whehter or not you want to be here.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm offended he typed "GD word." As typed above, the phrase is clearly TWO words: "god" and "damn." If he can't even count correctly, why should I hold any regard for his religious views?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And in today's sports scene, that's a helluva lot more important than whatever team you play for.

You just summed up why I detest the NBA.

And as for Nike hating, I think we hate Nike more for the abominations they create, like the Oregon Ducks uniforms and the whole 2 sleeve colors thing, than just for their shameless logo placement.

And yeah guys, I'm Catholic, but c'mon and grow some thicker skin. Reading a typed GD isn't gonna ruin my day.

Archived